Are there any views you hold that you don't think your views can be completely changed by reason?

I like believing in paranormal stuff like ghosts and Bigfoot. I concede that they're probably not real but its fun.
Yes, Stacy Keibler is going to forever stay my #1.
65c6ef4d03ee4260f2f80f3405aa981f.jpg
She looks even more beautiful than her usual self in this pic. What a stunning woman she is.

That the band "Clutch" is the greatest band touring today!

On this one point, I will not compromise!

I saw them a long time ago. Like mid or late 90s. I had no interest in them at all but got dragged to the show. And I really loved it.

Here's a video I watched the other day where Professor Jordan Peterson interviews Professor Stephen Hicks about Hicks book "Explaining Postmodernism" where Hicks explains the postmodernist argument why empiricism and rationalism are insufficient. Time stamped to the appropriate part of the video.

Basically, according to PM's, people are biased by perception and desired outcome, so the scientific method is faulty. Not saying I agree just thought you might be interested.

Cant watch because i am at work, but that is the point of a double blind study.

Access to drinking water might be one. By no rationale should persons not be able to access basic sustenance, whether because they were born poor, were born somewhere where rich people bought up their resources to sell for profit, or because they made mistakes.

Exactly. Like the gun control/gun deaths in inner cities topic. It's not fair to restrict or ban law abiding rural people from owning firearms because inner city culture is a tribal mess.

It's also not fair to restrict or ban law abiding urban people.

Does being near persons breaking the law make you less worthy of its protections?

Name please

Going to ask her out on a date?
Not sure of the name. She is a 2014 Maxim model.
Women, if a guy remembers the color of your eyes after the first date, chances are... you have small boobs.

I don't think I will be changing my mind about the laws of gravity anytime soon.

I don't think I can be convinced out of defending myself and my interests.

I firmly believe that the majority of humans is kinda dumb. Including myself sometimes.

No one will ever convince me that "hate speech" should be restricted.

Pineapple tastes good on pizza

Do you hold any views that are so fundamental to you that you could never see yourself changing even if someone presents reasonable arguments and uses logic against those positions?

What are those views?

Most arguments are not rational, human life isn't rational, and so neither are most beliefs.

A better question is: why cling to rational beliefs if life has thrown your rational constructs in the gutter over and over?

Back