Are there any professional sports where a world-class manlet can excel at against bigger opponents?

Just gonna lay some facts on this thread:

Baseball is a game not a sport.

Don't mention weight class fighters, they're cans unless heavyweight.

I means manlets with similar skill levels of their bigger counterparts. Where height isn’t an advantage.

Not many. Height is usually an advantage in sports. Sports are athletic competitions and it usually doesn’t benefit one to be smaller than their opponent in any way. I know. I’ve played lots of sports and i’m A manlet.

They prefer to be called little people. IMHO

QBs actually need to be tall to be able to look over the linemen in front of him.

There are exceptions but those are that ... exceptions, height is actually a requirement of the position, the shortest current QB is Russel Wilson and he is 5,11.

"Are there any" is the thread. Of course there are generally advantageous attributes.

Maybe someone should start a thread "What physical attributes are generally advantageous for basketball players?" and we can have an in-depth discussion.

Not many. Height is usually an advantage in sports. Sports are athletic competitions and it usually doesn’t benefit one to be smaller than their opponent in any way. I know. I’ve played lots of sports and i’m A manlet.
There are positions in some sports where smaller faster people lead better at certain positions.

In horse racing, gymnastics, piloting planes, and competitive freestyle climbing events (ninja warrior style competitions) being tall and the body mass that goes with it are substantial disadvantages.

For jockeys and pilots they tend to be 5'3" or shorter. Gymnasts are usually buff manlets. The best male climbers tend to be 130-170 lbs and it is very rare that they are over 6'0".

John was a beast, although I think he lost a few times to Big Daddy Goodridge back in the day. There are some interesting videos of current arm wrestling champ Devon Larratt going against powerlifters, NFL players etc. here is a video from ESPN arm wrestling former defensive end Marcellus Wiley. Marcellus uses both hands and still stands zero chance lol.

Overall John has allot more wins over Gary than loses. John's the giant killer, pretty unanimously the GOAT. I think on the topic of smaller people winning against bigger people, he's the perfect example. He had flawless technique, great endurance, and great strategy. That's what won not strength. However, I'm not certain most would consider arm wrestling a true "sport". Also he's not a tiny person, 180-200 @ 6ft. Ed Coan was short but 220lbs, greatest power lifter of all time, held the 3 lift total against some real gaints.

Last edited:
Cricket definitely, the best batsman in the world right now is a 5 foot 9 Indian dude, most of the good fast bowlers are well over 6 foot.

In horse racing, gymnastics, piloting planes, and competitive freestyle climbing events (ninja warrior style competitions) being tall and the body mass that goes with it are substantial disadvantages.

For jockeys and pilots they tend to be 5'3" or shorter. Gymnasts are usually buff manlets. The best male climbers tend to be 130-170 lbs and it is very rare that they are over 6'0".

Badically everithing where weight is a drag , no one has mentioned long distance running.

Horse Jockeys don’t count as they compete against other manlets. .

Thats because tall people are just dead weight in a race, its not like there is a rule that prohibits tall guys from participating they are just not good enough.

http://www.footballperspective.com/running-backs-getting-shorter-and-heavier/

According to that article the average running back is 5'11 and tehy keep getting shorter.

avg-rush-ht.png

Anything not combat related really. But even then, there are levels of skill.

edit: of course there are exceptional humans that don't fit the mold. But certain sports reward certain physiques. I guess you should clarify your question. Are you looking for examples of manlets succeeding in a big man's sport? (e.g. Steve Nash - not a manlet really, but certainly pretty small by basketball standards)

Combat sports are the only sports in which manlets thrive since they’re the only sports where they control for the size of the athletes. Everything is equal-ish. A small guy is competing against another small guy. Relative to each other, they’re the same size.

In sports like basketball there are absolutes. The rim is 10 ft high regardless of the size of the players. The ball is always the same size. Therefore, being smaller puts people at a disadvantage.

There are positions in some sports where smaller faster people lead better at certain positions.

That’s true. But then it isn’t an advantage since larger people occupy other positions. But there is no sport, unless you count Limbo as a sport, where it is advantageous to be smaller.

Back