Are there any gym chains that don't require a credit card?

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I want to avoid the continued charges even after you officially cancel a membership.

Any gyms you can pay for in cash or that don't continue to charge you after you cancel?

Small private gyms. The one I'm at (prior to the sell) I paid in cash all the time. I'd just pay my year's worth of tuition and it was good. These days are hard to come across, every business charges through credit or debit, etc.

I'm a member at a YMCA and they've never required a credit card.

I want to avoid the continued charges even after you officially cancel a membership.

Any gyms you can pay for in cash or that don't continue to charge you after you cancel?

Or maybe you just don't want to be traced..........do you have something to hide:eek:

I go to a local community/recreation center where I live. Never required a debit/credit card.

If I had to guess most large commercial gyms won't continue to charge you after cancelling. If it does just dispute it with your credit card company. I've had a 24-hour membership for probably 15 years now, which I pay annually. If I don't pay it they will just cancel my membership. I haven't used it for 1.5 years, but at only $36/year I can't seem to kill the switch in case I do need to use it more often in the future.

The crowd.

It was almost always empty in my city except for people coming to play Raquet ball and shit like that. Gym was almost always empty, sometimes a few old guys but they never bothered me.

I worked out at the Y for years because I had a sweet deal were I worked for 4 hours every other Saturday, got paid minum wage for doing, was allowed to lift during my shift, and got a free membership out of it.

When you cancel just call the back and say your card was stolen so you get a new one with a different number and they can't keep charging you.

When you cancel just call the back and say your card was stolen so you get a new one with a different number and they can't keep charging you.

But if they do decide to continue charging you they send it to collections and it ends up fucking up your credit until you get everything cleared up. Happened to a buddy of mine.

But if they do decide to continue charging you they send it to collections and it ends up fucking up your credit until you get everything cleared up. Happened to a buddy of mine.
That sounds illegal

Just get a pre-paid card. That's what we told folks to do when I worked at a big gym.

I am pretty sure that you don't need a credit card at Gold's Gym in Microryan in Kabul.

Although I am pretty sure that it's not affiliated to the real Gold's. Tsk.

Back