Are there any fighters that don't cut weight?

Frankie might cut only a little.
Frankie used to cut 3lbs to fight at LW. I am sure he cuts to fight at FW.

This does not detract from his success at all, Frankie is a marvel, especially when you look at his career and consider that he has almost always been at a serious size disadvantage. But he must cut a bit to fight at 145.

They all cut some weight.. very few that cut just a little and HWs.

Masvidal cuts for WW by the way.
As in cuts, do you mean cuts down on tube steak? I doubt he really cuts much. He probably just doesn't eat so many quesadillas & burritos during the last 2 weeks of camp.

As in cuts, do you mean cuts down on tube steak? I doubt he really cuts much. He probably just doesn't eat so many quesadillas & burritos during the last 2 weeks of camp.

Watch those early weigh ins videos with him he absolutely cuts he ain't a 200 lbs WW or something but mid 180's ain't out of the question.

I don't know for sure, but Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, and Daniel Cormier don't look like they cut weight. If they do it can't be much!

most of the hw division. but the fact that some have to. see brock lesnar. makes the division a joke.

Masvidal still cuts weight at 170, i assure you.

I think the guy that cuts the least is Gunnar Nelson

He used to cut only 5lbs, which is the same amount that frankie cut at LW. Nelson seems to have bulked up a little after he was big brothered by Maia, though.

Frankie used to cut 3lbs to fight at LW. I am sure he cuts to fight at FW.

This does not detract from his success at all, Frankie is a marvel, especially when you look at his career and consider that he has almost always been at a serious size disadvantage. But he must cut a bit to fight at 145.

Yeah, the highest I've heard frankie cut from is 160lbs, and when he's out of camp he sometimes gets up to 165lbs. Honestly, i hope he's coming into this next fight around 160lbs ish, because max is a big boy and Frankie will need some weight to help him control Max.

He used to cut only 5lbs, which is the same amount that frankie cut at LW. Nelson seems to have bulked up a little after he was big brothered by Maia, though.
Crazy, didn't Nelson beat HW Monson in a grappling match?

I don't know for sure, but Roy Nelson, Mark Hunt, and Daniel Cormier don't look like they cut weight. If they do it can't be much!

Cormier has brutal weight cuts because he lets himself get fat between fights. If he maintained a lean body composition, he probably wouldn't have to cut. He might even be able to make 185.

Aren't both Whitaker and RDA small for their current divisions? Whitaker being a former WW and RDA a former LW?

Rumble is a former WW and he's not a small LHW. RDA and Whittaker moved up because they were too big--RDA said he cuts from 195lbs, and Whittaker has looked solid at wrestling tournaments weighing 213lbs.

they both cut weight.

Lots of Heavyweights.

Lyoto Machida weighed in 199lbs against Sam Hogar and maybe a couple other times for 205 LHW fights.

Silva when he weighed in 196 lbs against 30 lbs heavier Daniel Cormier, and almost finished him with a perfectly placed body shot

Hendo weighed under 200lbs vs dc. Probably didn't cut anything for most of his lhw career.

~DaViD~

Unless they come underweight they are cutting something

Back