Are there any DC fans who admit to Jon Jones being the better fighter ?

Or do they all live in denial, pretending the two fights against Jon Jones never happened ?

I'm curious, because every single DC fan I came across on Sherdog seems to be a cherrypicker and/or MMA history revisionist.

The fact remains that Jones beat Cormier twice. Once thoroughly, another time devastatingly.

It doesn't make anyone less of a DC fan to give credit where credit is due, IMHO.

You conveniently don't mention how Jones is caught cheating twice which probably has something to do with it. Derp.

I don't care for either, but nothing to discuss here. Jones is the best fighter we've ever seen. He is also a cheater. It is what it is.

It feels inevitable that he is going to need to prove this for a third time to people still in denial. It might take two more years but I’m sure they will do this again. And it will be DC crying again..

You conveniently don't mention how Jones is caught cheating twice which probably has something to do with it. Derp.

And he competed and tested completely clean in a time where obviously a lot of people were using. The problem with people constantly talking shit about his use is that they act as if he was alone. Probably almost everyone he fought was using what he was using. TRT Vitor The monster that destroyed everyone. Jones defeated that guy. Tip of the iceberg my friend..

Or do they all live in denial, pretending the two fights against Jon Jones never happened ?

I'm curious, because every single DC fan I came across on Sherdog seems to be a cherrypicker and/or MMA history revisionist.

The fact remains that Jones beat Cormier twice. Once thoroughly, another time devastatingly.

It doesn't make anyone less of a DC fan to give credit where credit is due, IMHO.

He pissed hot, twice. One you could maybe possibly in crazytown give him the benefit of the doubt, despite how absolutely ludicrous his excuse was.

Two, no accidents there. He's a drug cheat.

And he competed and tested completely clean in a time where obviously a lot of people were using. The problem with people constantly talking shit about his use is that they act as if he was alone. Probably almost everyone he fought was using what he was using. TRT Vitor The monster that destroyed everyone. Jones defeated that guy. Tip of the iceberg my friend..

That's the problem. The guy is obviously really good but when he pops twice his accomplishments are called into question. Vitor was definitely a cheater as well but it wouldn't be fair to assume everyone he has fought is also a cheater. Has DC ever cheated in this fashion? We have no reason to believe that he has other than pure speculation. Jones on the other hand has been caught more than once. If people want to believe that Jones is better than they can but those two fights are tainted with his cheating.

It feels inevitable that he is going to need to prove this for a third time to people still in denial. It might take two more years but I’m sure they will do this again. And it will be DC crying again..

He didn't prove anything by cheating in both fights. If he was so confident in himself he would have fought clean.

Haha, I see you have flipped a 180 from "I'm done with him", as you were saying after his last PED fail.

Redirecting to go down with that sinking ship again, eh?

I will say, you certainly are loyal to that dirt-bag cheat. He almost had me believing again before his latest multiple drug fail.

It all depends how much better you think roids make him...

Take vitor for example. Totally diff fighter on the juice

Other guys prob not as much

Jones has never lost a fight. And he faced some tough guys. All that is true. He has also beat DC. two times. And convincingly. In my honest opinion, I could see Jones go to heavyweight and take it over. The only problem is that I have only seen Jones fight roided up. And as time is a motherfucker, Jones may never get the chance to prove how good he could have been. Now DC, he has never lost a fight except to the guy that can't truly prove how good he actually is. So how is someone able to pick one over the other? As of now, DC gets the better fighter call even though he has lost to Jones twice.

PED Jones > DC

Clean Jones however .... none of us know.
Clearly Jones doesnt believe as much in himself as u do.

Haha, I see you have flipped a 180 from "I'm done with him", as you were saying after his last PED fail.

Redirecting to go down with that sinking ship again, eh?

I will say, you certainly are loyal to that dirt-bag cheat. He almost had me believing again before his latest multiple drug fail.

Time and perspective really can make a difference. It’s not that I forgive him for what he did. Because I don’t. I consistently say that he fucked up. That is what I said to you at that time and I still say that. What is not fair is dismissing an entire career. You can’t dismiss Anderson Silva’s career and you can’t dismiss Jones career. That is where I get defensive. Quite frankly somebody needs to come along in that division and dominate that is not Jones. Because DC is never getting away from those losses. Jones may never recover. And that’s on him. He is the one that did not clean up when it was obvious he needed to clean up. But DC is also never getting away from the losses. I don’t care who he beats. He did not Beat Jones. Do I Think Jones also would dominate steep pay shit yeah I do. I saw nothing from that man that tells me Jones would not crush them.

Last edited:
That's the problem. The guy is obviously really good but when he pops twice his accomplishments are called into question. Vitor was definitely a cheater as well but it wouldn't be fair to assume everyone he has fought is also a cheater. Has DC ever cheated in this fashion? We have no reason to believe that he has other than pure speculation. Jones on the other hand has been caught more than once. If people want to believe that Jones is better than they can but those two fights are tainted with his cheating.

He didn't prove anything by cheating in both fights. If he was so confident in himself he would have fought clean.

But you are kind of highlighting why it is ridiculous to dismiss an entire career like Jones. Because during his entire championship run he has zero failed tests. He didn’t fail anything. And there are men on his resume that are known cheaters. It was basically the wild wild West during that time. Now his biggest fuck up is not cleaning up his act when the test had got more severe. That’s why he is in the spot that he is in. He completely screwed it all up.

It’s not so much believing in him again it’s that I understand DC is not on his level. Quite frankly somebody needs to come along in that division and dominate that is not Jones. Because DC is never getting away from those losses. Jones may never recover. And that’s on him. He is the one that did not clean up when it was obvious he needed to clean up. But DC is also never getting away from the losses. I don’t care who he beats. He did not Beat Jones.

Actually, DC HAS gotten away from them, since that last one was overturned due to Jon cheating (AGAIN) and being stripped for the THIRD time, and Cormier having the balls to do what Jones never has done - Step up and win the HW title.

Agree what you say about LHW needing to move on and find a new, CLEAN champion though.

Even if Jones comes back and gets that gold, he will always have a permanent * next to his name now.

Jones will come back at MW first, and then unify the 3 belts in accordance with the prophesy...

The only denial is from Jones fans who think that their juicehead did not benefit from PED use and that the result of his fights when cheating is a reliable indicator of how a fight would go with both fighters clean.

Actually, DC HAS gotten away from them, since that last one was overturned due to Jon cheating (AGAIN) and being stripped for the THIRD time, and Cormier having the balls to do what Jones never has done - Step up and win the HW title.

Agree what you say about LHW needing to move on and find a new, CLEAN champion though.

Even if Jones comes back and gets that gold, he will always have a permanent * next to his name now.

That second fight is the biggest fucking disaster of Jones career. Everything was set up for him for that great comeback story. He fucked it all up. I don’t say otherwise. But based on what I saw the first and second time. DC is never winning. Jones is better. Jones to me is like Mike Tyson. In terms of talent and potential the best of all time. But he got in his own way.

But based on what I saw the first and second time. DC is never winning. Jones is better.

Except for he himself didn't believe as you do. IF he was better, then why risk his entire legacy to cheat, AGAIN?

Jon doesn't have as much faith in HIMSELF as you do. Otherwise he would not have risked EVERYTHING to have an edge, by using PEDs, again.

Not trying to give you a hard time though. You and Paynebringer are two Jones fans who I respect here.

Jon keeps being his own worst enemy, and letting you guys down, by getting himself suspended, over & over.

Except for he himself didn't believe as you do. IF he was better, then why risk his entire legacy to cheat, AGAIN?

Jon doesn't have as much faith in HIMSELF as you do. Otherwise he would not have risked EVERYTHING to have an edge, by using PEDs, again.

Not trying to give you a hard time though. You and Paynebringer are two Jones fans who I respect here.

Jon keeps being his own worst enemy, and letting you guys down, by getting himself suspended, over & over.

Jones has let me down over and over again. There is no questioning or denying that fact. His career has been a disaster the last couple of years. However something that bothers me is dismissing careers that are considered all time great and now want to be re-examined. To erase Anderson Silva’s career is idiotic because he passed every test he was supposed to pass. Fedor People praise as the best of all time and he competed in Japan with zero testing of any kind. Jones dominated when the testing was not Like today.. I have no problem trashing all of his screw ups in the last few years. But dismissing his whole career is where I have an issue.

He didn't lose to a better fighter, he lost to a cheat, those fights don't count.

Back