Are there actually men here that prefer WMMA not be relegated to seperate cards?

There is a very large drop off in talent from the few top women that I would be happy to see fighting on any card, and the rest of the pack who I would probably hit the bathroom or drink line if I was watching them live at a small regional event much less on a UFC ppv.

Wait a moment. If you pay a PPV and don't want to watch an inferior product as in a WMMA fight, you get a partial refund? I didn't know that.

You can see who's on the card before you buy. You don't like the card, don't buy it. I don't understand why this is such a hard a concept for you.

It should absolutely stay on UFC cards. Many (most) people enjoy it. Most criticism I hear about WMMA is almost always from this forum (explains a lot). It also gets my girl and her friends excited for fights, which makes the overall card much more enjoyable.

It should not stay on UFC cards, and not most people enjoy it. But it makes it more enjoyable for you because of your friends, therefore you think it should stay. That's reasonable.

At least you are not being stupid like others and saying shit like WMMA is high quality, WMMA will catch up in quality, equal rights, and other dumb, SJ, cuck arguments.

Nah women also deserved to have some spot light. Its just that wmma hasn't catch up with the male in their skillset, but in a few year they will be good enough to be entertaining to the casual fan. The next generation of women fighter will be as good as the next generation of male fighter.
one of the top wmma stars will undoubtably see that and reach out to you. youl chat about stuff and nervously agree to meet up. youl be charming and funny, and it will be the start of something wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should not stay on UFC cards, and not most people enjoy it. But it makes it more enjoyable for you because of your friends, therefore you think it should stay. That's reasonable.

At least you are not being stupid like others and saying shit like WMMA is high quality, WMMA will catch up in quality, equal rights, and other dumb, SJ, cuck arguments.

I can agree that the skill isn't there yet, but it's still evolving. I have faith that it's going to get better. Honestly, anything that helps spread MMA is ok in my book, more people to share my hobby with lol.

This is for the male mma fans only since we probably make up 95% or more of this forum.

If UFC.com put out a poll with these two options regarding what should happen to WMMA:

1. Move all WMMA to invicta and have invicta cards available for free on FS1/FS2/FX

2. Leave it exactly how it is

Option #1 would be a no brainer for me. Surely the rest of you guys would vote unanimously for option #1... right?!

im not one of the males who thinks woman should stay in the kitchen

im a fight fan no matter what. I don't get all butt hurt if the main event of a fight is a womans fight.

That's not what he's saying
he's saying he doesn't like when they're on cards he'd otherwise be happy to watch and/or pay for if WMMA fights were not included

So he feels like he's forced to settle for an inferior product if he wants to pay for fights he actually wants
And he's implying it's not an issue here of him just looking away when WMMA is going on on the card, it's that that time could have been used for a fight he'd not have minded shelling out money for

than when a womans fight is on he can than go to the bathroom.

solid thread, TS

i´d be happy if they removed wmma forever on the ufc

Once got in an argument with a bull di... erhm um lesbian, about how she thought it was unfair that male basketball stars make so much more than female ones. I asked if she either watched or supported the WNBA in which after a good 10 second silented smoldering glare she burst out "F you I hate you!!"

Short of it -make your own game strong shorties and people will pay to watch (maybe)

Im ok with any title elimination matches n title fights on main cards. I get why PVZ n Alexa get on them though. But leave the Cindy Dandois' off the main cards, unless shes fighting for a belt.

This comes from a guy who's been vocal about his dislike for wmma. Most of it sucks. But there are some good fighters n fights in wmma.

WMMA is no different to me than men’s MMA. Some fights are good, most are average, and some are fucking awful.

I kinda hope they throw more WMMA fights on though cuz I love watching idiots bitch about it.

What about we compromise and keep wmma in the UFC, but have them on separate cards from men. That way they get the exposure and production while not taking up a spot on the men's card. EVERYONE WINS. The only reason you'd disagree is because you want force wmma down our throats.

I would also want this for sub 155 male divisions too. Kinda like it was with the WEC.

Hockey fights are better than WMMA fights. More skill, more bad intent.

What's your argument against the WNBA argument? WMMA is not inferior to MMA as WNBA is to the NBA?

Well, to tell the truth, I'm not sure why anybody watches basketball anyway. It bores me, personally. But clearly, absolute height and ability to jump high are crucial to the game. The game favors that body type. And women aren't so tall and don't jump so high. Fighting, on the other hand, gets broken up into weight divisions, and thereby smaller fighters have a place as well as larger fighters. Heavyweights aren't necessarily the most entertaining to watch for the majority of fans. And a lot of smaller fighters are honored as great fighters.

Basketball: no weight divisions, favors an absolute body type, a team sport.
MMA: weight divisions, individuals fight not teams.

Treating the two as equivalent types of sports is poor thinking. And the Sherdoggers who love the WNBA analogy and repeat it mindlessly and without originality again and again and again aren't displaying good thinking. They are just playing to the haters on Sherdog who will always give them likes for boringly spamming us with that trite and hackneyed shit over and over.

Cyborg fights can stay... you can get rid of the rest of WMMA and I won't even notice or care.

It's just so fucking bad!

Great plan! Cyborg can just stand in the cage and shadowbox for 25 minutes with no opponent. Brilliant!

Back