Are there actually men here that prefer WMMA not be relegated to seperate cards?

Nah women also deserved to have some spot light. Its just that wmma hasn't catch up with the male in their skillset, but in a few year they will be good enough to be entertaining to the casual fan. The next generation of women fighter will be as good as the next generation of male fighter.
Yeah like in every other sport right?

the women make the ufc more money. i think ufc fighters should take a paycut and give it to the women instead.

WMMA sucks and women are vastly inferior. Facts bruh.

If we were spiders, then I'd prefer watching the female spiders throw down instead of the males.

119a0024c7b49fd3a0888ac88c3f4345.jpg

I just skip most of the fights, they are laughably low quality other than the top few of each division. I wish they would try an all women's card, just so it could be shown how hard they get carried by the dudes.

2. There are plenty of generic men fights I truly don't care about. There's some female fights I don't care about either, but at least winners are a win/two away from a title shot. The guys.... they get a win and they're 6-7 fights away. By the time they fight again I forgot who they were.

Im mixed about wmma. Some fights are more interesting than many men fights, but every single time they throw shitty wmma fighters on the main card I wanna ban women from UFC.

I think some bruce lee style chick with crazy technical striking could take over and be a superstar one day. Women aren't as strong as men but they can be faster and more flexible. I see no reason a chick couldn't have matrix-tier striking.

Skills may never get to the guy's level overall, but by keeping them in the ufc, it gives some young girl today reason to train to the top level.

So you're saying that because there's no ball/basket/whatever that mma isn't skill based?

No. Not even close Mr. Newman.

skill
noun
  1. the ability to do something well; expertise.
    • a particular ability
my comment was "It comes down to their technique and abilities." aka, their skill sets.

That's a major reason for weight classes in combat sport. So the bouts are determined by ability and skill, not physical advantages. This is untrue in sport. Physical advantages are exploited in sport.

On a tangent of men versus women, take for example one of the few sports that women are not at a physical disadvantage:
Poker

Men and women are not mentally equal either. I would not conclude the only difference is physical. Men destroy women at chess.

But regardless of skill, women's combat sport will never be as popular as men's.

Yes. I agree and my point remains the same.

In MMA, their only competition and problem is another 125 female. If you compare them to males, they will come up short. But they do not compete with them. They are playing a different game, with estrogen and less weight. In football, in basketball, they're all trying to do physical feats. You need strength and testosterone to do that well. In MMA, they're only trying to bash another 125 girl.

No I don't think any NBA fans want to watch WNBA during half time because that's stupid for one, and they don't do it well. Are you telling us, you don't want to watch 125 women compete against each other because men are better at beating up 125 lbs women? I really don't think that's your reasoning.

Last edited:
I used to buy every PPV.
WMMA is a garbage joke to me and I resented it being put on cards I was paying for, so I stopped buying them. I know I’m just one customer, but I’m definitely not the only one who feels this way.

I used to buy every PPV.
WMMA is a garbage joke to me and I resented it being put on cards I was paying for, so I stopped buying them. I know I’m just one customer, but I’m definitely not the only one who feels this way.

Probably not, but people have only ever bought en masse for big draws, and the female fighters, overall, have been a net positive for profits (partly because they're even easier to give shit money to, but that's another discussion). Any argument against WMMA on UFC cards can't really include profit margins as they simply fall flat. I don't care for WMMA, but then again I selectively watch the fights I care about, anyway (a majority of fights under the UFC banner fall are in that criteria), so it's not really a big deal.

You’re right on the money, I’m sure the UFC has made some solid $ off WMMA.

I just personally won’t pay for cards that have that bullshit on it.

Probably not, but people have only ever bought en masse for big draws, and the female fighters, overall, have been a net positive for profits (partly because they're even easier to give shit money to, but that's another discussion). Any argument against WMMA on UFC cards can't really include profit margins as they simply fall flat. I don't care for WMMA, but then again I selectively watch the fights I care about, anyway (a majority of fights under the UFC banner fall are in that criteria), so it's not really a big deal.

I used to buy every PPV.
It’s a huge joke man. Outside of a hand full of wmma fighters all of the fights look like the male amateur mma circuit.

i skip those fights usually , some of them can be ok to watch but mostly its a long bathroom break or make a sandwitch pause when it comes on

I'm for separated cards myself.

cards are watered down as it is even if it's all guys, adding the chicks in means I don't buy them anymore.

I like WMMA headlining PPV cards so I can go to bed earlier.

Also having 1 mid card is good to, nothing better than having to shit mid card, and being able to take your time because there's WMMA going on rather than actual mma.

Back