Are there actually men here that prefer WMMA not be relegated to seperate cards?

This is for the male mma fans only since we probably make up 95% or more of this forum.

If UFC.com put out a poll with these two options regarding what should happen to WMMA:

1. Move all WMMA to invicta and have invicta cards available for free on FS1/FS2/FX

2. Leave it exactly how it is

Option #1 would be a no brainer for me. Surely the rest of you guys would vote unanimously for option #1... right?!
that just wouldn't be good for business. End of the day ufc is a company and they do whats best for business. female only cards wouldn't sell

Nah women also deserved to have some spot light. Its just that wmma hasn't catch up with the male in their skillset, but in a few year they will be good enough to be entertaining to the casual fan. The next generation of women fighter will be as good as the next generation of male fighter.
Which is shitty lol

Not a lot of prospects coming up in MMA

I consider WMMA like a chinese buffet.....sure won ton soup (wmma) is good, but lets be honest if im given the choice im gonna mow down on sweet and sour chicken (mma)

There are a lot of fights in men's MMA that shouldn't even be on the main card. I just want quality.

This thread needs a poll.

It's a funny discussion though, ever asked a NBA fan if they follow WNBA, or asked a soccer fan if they give a fuck about womens soccer? But when you say you hate WMMA you're made out to be some kind of masochistic ahole.

I've got no problem with WMMA, I think only insecure puffters care tbh.

...or those that watch MMA to see the best fighting the best not a bunch of slow unathletic soccer moms wasting our time and taking up space that could be filled with better fighters.

But no, must just be sexism and insecurity. *sigh* delusional fedora tipping white knights :rolleyes:

WMMA title fights are fine for PPVs

the rest can go on fight night cards

No, they are not.

Would you go to the Superbowl and then at half time have the female football league come out to play their finals match to end the day?

Would you go to the NBA playoffs and at halftime have the team switch out for the WNBA so that they can play their playoff game too?

WMMA is an inferior product as women are vastly inferior to men. I couldn't fucking believe when UFC.com had Ronda fucking Rousey higher on their P4P list than makle fighters AT THE SAME WEIGHT. We don't need to play batman vs superman there. If she is better than make fighters at the same weight, lets see male vs female fights.

Of cause that won't happen, because WNBA is inferior and can't compete. It is B grade shit. It is okay if you like B grade shit, but it doesn't belong on premium content.

Yep, it's known that "a reasonably good boys high school team could beat the (Wnba champions)". Let that sink in. The champions of the women's "professional" league would lose to a boys high school team. It wouldn't take a minor league team, not even a college level team to beat the best women's team in the country, a moderately good boy's high school team can do it.

That's the biggest reason that women's basketball isn't a viable business. The only women sports that draw an audience, are not watched because the talent is on-par with men's, but because of sex appeal (i.e. Women's volleyball, diving, gymnastics, tennis, track & field).

Women's combat sports will never be as accepted nor as watched as men's.

The Australian women's Olympic football team lost 7-0 to a local under 15s boys team. Let that sink in for a bit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html

Yep, it's known that "a reasonably good boys high school team could beat the (Wnba champions)". Let that sink in. The champions of the women's "professional" league would lose to a boys high school team. It wouldn't take a minor league team, not even a college level team to beat the best women's team in the country, a moderately good boy's high school team can do it.

That's the biggest reason that women's basketball isn't a viable business. The only women sports that draw an audience, are not watched because the talent is on-par with men's, but because of sex appeal (i.e. Women's volleyball, diving, gymnastics, tennis, track & field).

Women's combat sports will never be as accepted nor as watched as men's.
sex appeal is pretty much why like more then half of wmma fighters are insta models/post teasing shit on their social media all the time. its the only way to generate interest. they wouldnt have as large a fanbase if they didn't do that kind of shit lol. thats why i laugh at the womens empowerment stuff sometimes - you see women talk about that and then their posting revealing pictures of themselves to get some buzz

A few women can fight on men's card. Cyborg, Nunes, JJ/Rose etc. Just a few.

Problem is what happens when they retire? The only reason those guys became stars/draws is because they were allowed to fight on cards where everyone could see them.

if you relegate women to their own cards/promotion, you're not going to have any Cyborgs, Nunes, JJ's, etc in the future because no one is going to know who they are when you bring them up to the main card

sex appeal is pretty much why like more then half of wmma fighters are insta models/post teasing shit on their social media all the time. its the only way to generate interest. they wouldnt have as large a fanbase if they didn't do that kind of shit lol. thats why i laugh at the womens empowerment stuff sometimes - you see women talk about that and then their posting revealing pictures of themselves to get some buzz

To be fair, MMA pay is trash in general and even worse for women. If they want to generate interest/money using their bodies I don't have a problem with it. No different than guys like DJ and others streaming on Twitch to supplement their income

Problem is what happens when they retire? The only reason those guys became stars/draws is because they were allowed to fight on cards where everyone could see them.

if you relegate women to their own cards/promotion, you're not going to have any Cyborgs, Nunes, JJ's, etc in the future because no one is going to know who they are when you bring them up to the main card
thats true, but i dont think their will ever be another cyborg lol. im not even sure they'l keep womens 145 around much after shes gone. that divsion was created solely for her - how many other female fighters can fight in that class? they cant even put together a top 10 list of challengers, its been all 135ers coming up to fight cyborg. that division has no future once shes gone imo

And they were ranked 5th in the world at that time.

The US World Cup winning women's team lost 5-2 to an under 15 boys teams (and that's not even high school aged, that's fucking Middle Schoolers!)
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

The "best" women's soccer team in the world lost to a bunch of 14 year olds.
<36>

While all this remains true, it doesn't carry through MMA.

In sports, there are feats. You run fast, you hit hard, you throw far. There is a field you have to over come. There is rim you have to reach, this ice you have to skate. These are not done well by women.

In WMMA, there is only another 125 woman in their way. The field has shifted. They only have to overcome another 125 female. It's a different game. It comes down to their technique and abilities. They are not attempting to out-do a HW male striker.

Honestly, don't enjoy WMMA. I don't care strong for WMMA. Most people I know don't. Most people I know don't enjoy MMA. I don't care, I just don't think your logic adds up here.

A few women can fight on men's card. Cyborg, Nunes, JJ/Rose etc. Just a few.

Those women(and in Cyborg's case, I use that term very loosely) move the proverbial needle as far as us 95% are concerned.

A few QUALITY women's fights are acceptable.

Back