Are there actually men here that prefer WMMA not be relegated to seperate cards? | Page 13

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Njmma209, Mar 27, 2018.

1. CPH Let's party

CPH
    Just to be clear: I get guys like you and others not being into WMMA at all. Nothing wrong with that. I can understand a lot of the criticism actually.

I was just laughing at the sort of arguments I see on here sometimes and the idea that 'no one wants to watch WMMA ...and we can blow the lid off this thing with a poll!!'

2. FrodoFraggins Black Belt

FrodoFraggins
    WMMA title fights are fine for PPVs

the rest can go on fight night cards

Njmma209 likes this.
  3. Pascal Bergeron Yellow Belt

Pascal Bergeron
    not as good in the sense as they will be able to fight a men but as good in the sense that they will be as skill as them.
    If you take other sport women are often more technical than men because they use techniques to compensate their inferior physical strenght. The same can happen with WMMA if we let them time to develop their skills, but for that we need to let them fight in the ufc so younger girls can see that they can be on the big stage and start training when they are still kids. right now the majority of women fighters are soccer mom that start training mma when they were already in their 20. We just need to wait for the next generation to grow up.

4. Rust Cohle Yellow Belt

Rust Cohle
    Easiest answer in my life: #1

Njmma209 likes this.
  5. Black Paladin #BrownsForever

Black Paladin
  6. fightfan84 Red Belt

fightfan84
    that just wouldn't be good for business. End of the day ufc is a company and they do whats best for business. female only cards wouldn't sell

7. Docrob2354 Orange Belt

Docrob2354
    /thread

8. Timurd123 Andy Hug Belt

Timurd123
    Which is shitty lol

Not a lot of prospects coming up in MMA

9. Shishio Brown Belt

Shishio
    I consider WMMA like a chinese buffet.....sure won ton soup (wmma) is good, but lets be honest if im given the choice im gonna mow down on sweet and sour chicken (mma)

10. PabloMEX Resident Bang Bro

PabloMEX
    There are a lot of fights in men's MMA that shouldn't even be on the main card. I just want quality.

Thepaintbucket likes this.
  11. The Dreamcatcher White Belt

The Dreamcatcher
    This thread needs a poll.

It's a funny discussion though, ever asked a NBA fan if they follow WNBA, or asked a soccer fan if they give a fuck about womens soccer? But when you say you hate WMMA you're made out to be some kind of masochistic ahole.

Njmma209 and MastiffMike like this.
  12. Kirill Chernikov White Belt

Kirill Chernikov
    Hitler? The father of capitalism is Adam Smith! You went full progressive with that analogy

13. FlloydMayweatherMMA Money Belt

FlloydMayweatherMMA
    I didn't mean the concept, I meant the choice of wording (if they have the right to exist). No offence meant.

14. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    ...or those that watch MMA to see the best fighting the best not a bunch of slow unathletic soccer moms wasting our time and taking up space that could be filled with better fighters.

But no, must just be sexism and insecurity. *sigh* delusional fedora tipping white knights :rolleyes:

MastiffMike likes this.
  15. MastiffMike The BIG dog is here

MastiffMike
    {<huh}

You remind me of a pedophile.

No offense meant.
    <Dany07>

16. n.diazismylife1999 Black Belt

n.diazismylife1999
    Nope. Not in a single one.

17. Oeshon ช่างมันเถอะ

Oeshon
    No, they are not.

Would you go to the Superbowl and then at half time have the female football league come out to play their finals match to end the day?

Would you go to the NBA playoffs and at halftime have the team switch out for the WNBA so that they can play their playoff game too?

WMMA is an inferior product as women are vastly inferior to men. I couldn't fucking believe when UFC.com had Ronda fucking Rousey higher on their P4P list than makle fighters AT THE SAME WEIGHT. We don't need to play batman vs superman there. If she is better than make fighters at the same weight, lets see male vs female fights.

Of cause that won't happen, because WNBA is inferior and can't compete. It is B grade shit. It is okay if you like B grade shit, but it doesn't belong on premium content.

Gambit MMA likes this.
  18. MastiffMike The BIG dog is here

MastiffMike
    Yep, it's known that "a reasonably good boys high school team could beat the (Wnba champions)". Let that sink in. The champions of the women's "professional" league would lose to a boys high school team. It wouldn't take a minor league team, not even a college level team to beat the best women's team in the country, a moderately good boy's high school team can do it.

That's the biggest reason that women's basketball isn't a viable business. The only women sports that draw an audience, are not watched because the talent is on-par with men's, but because of sex appeal (i.e. Women's volleyball, diving, gymnastics, tennis, track & field).

Women's combat sports will never be as accepted nor as watched as men's.

Gambit MMA likes this.
  19. Oeshon ช่างมันเถอะ

Oeshon
    The Australian women's Olympic football team lost 7-0 to a local under 15s boys team. Let that sink in for a bit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html

MastiffMike likes this.
  20. Gambit MMA Double Yellow Card

Gambit MMA
    sex appeal is pretty much why like more then half of wmma fighters are insta models/post teasing shit on their social media all the time. its the only way to generate interest. they wouldnt have as large a fanbase if they didn't do that kind of shit lol. thats why i laugh at the womens empowerment stuff sometimes - you see women talk about that and then their posting revealing pictures of themselves to get some buzz

MastiffMike likes this.