Are the Wachowskis just f--king done at this point or what?

I would guess at this point the well is dry for them.

They're never gonna come up with anything anywhere near as good as The matrix - it's their masterpiece.

They've obviously not been financially successful since The matrix and they themselves are probably set for life financially, so they probably only need to work if they want to.

Of course they'll get back to work, if they're not already developing new things, but I can't see them being that relevant again.

Do they still have penises? Are they planning to get rid? Who cares? lol

You just wanted to talk about them being trannies.

ah,good old jupiter ascending. a movie with a 200 million budget,shame they only spent 20 dollars on the script.

The problem really is IMHO that the hype behind the Matrix went crazy, it went beyond acknowledging it as a fun stylish action film into putting it on the level of something like 2001, Stalker or Blade Runner. I suspect trying to live up to that damaged the sequels in there often ill deserved self importance.

Best thing they've done desides the original Matrix is I think clearly Bound.

I need to give cloud atlas another chance tbf

Since you are obviously an expert on mental illness I'm not going to even attempt to dispute your claim that their decision to change their gender is because of mental illness because my neophyte explanation could not possibly be comprehended by someone as qualified as yourself to make claims of mental illness. It's good though that you support people's freedom to do what they want, as long as nobody is hurt. This means that your children or future children - if they should decide to do something which is outside your realm of what is mentally sound - will be told that they are fucked-up, but they'll have your blessings anyway. Mixed message, but that's better than beating them to death.

The Matrix is one of the best movies of all time, in my opinion, and often in my thoughts as inspiration. I think it sums up the world as well as any other film, if not better than. The Wachowskis will always be the coolest people in Hollywood for me because of that movie.

Since you are obviously an expert on mental illness I'm not going to even attempt to dispute your claim that their decision to change their gender is because of mental illness because my neophyte explanation could not possibly be comprehended by someone as qualified as yourself to make claims of mental illness. It's good though that you support people's freedom to do what they want, as long as nobody is hurt. This means that your children or future children - if they should decide to do something which is outside your realm of what is mentally sound - will be told that they are fucked-up, but they'll have your blessings anyway. Mixed message, but that's better than beating them to death.

The Matrix is one of the best movies of all time, in my opinion, and often in my thoughts as inspiration. I think it sums up the world as well as any other film, if not better than. The Wachowskis will always be the coolest people in Hollywood for me because of that movie.

SJW spotted.

Poor father, went from having what seemed like two normal sons to a couple of mindfucked circus freaks.

Wasn’t there just a thread about them rebooting the Matrix trilogy?

I just want them to re-release the original trilogy in cinemas in 3-D.

Also I'd like to wipe my memory so it'd be like watching it all again for the first time:

%EB%A7%A8%EC%9D%B8%EB%B8%94%EB%9E%99.gif

Bullet time in 3-D

giphy.gif

What are the chances of both twins being transgendered? I call bullshit. Why? Math....
There is a higher than statistical chance of both twins being gay than for normal siblings, so there might be something to it. But I digress...

I think the Wachowskis need to get out of their wheelhouse and direct something, how do I put this... conventional, I guess? I think they've kind of ghettoized themselves and to an extent the niches they serve are less picky about the quality of the product.

I don't think they need to split up or whatever, or that they've gone full Ridley, but I guess we'll see.

<Waaah>

If not due to mental illness any reasons why someone would "change their gender"?

I love it somehow calling it mental illness is apparently telling them "They are fucked up", like It's having a "mental illness" that is the stigma and how dare you slander the poor naturally mis-gendered people.

Someone has depression it can be called a mental illness. Someone has gender dismorphia "it's what they are inside, not mental illness, they're not fucked up like people who are mentally ill". Rightt...

First off, let's just get this out of the way. I am a strong advocate of a person's right to do whatever the fuck they want to as long as they're not hurting someone else.

But still, how you can not just shake your head knowing that this. . .

wachowski-brothers.jpeg

. . . somehow ended up as this. . .

Wachowskis-feat.jpg

I mean, how can you do anything other than just offer a heavy fucking sigh at what appears to be obvious mental illness?

With that out of the way, what's up with their careers as filmmakers?

I know they just got finished with Sense 8 on Netflix, but nothing else is listed on IMDB for either of them. I enjoyed The Matrix, Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas, but it looks like the financial failure of pretty much every movie they've made since The Matrix trilogy has finally sunk their battleship.

So what's up with the Wachowskis? Are they just done? Was Jupiter Ascending the final nail in the coffin or is someone going to come along soon and offer them more money?

What do you think? Sound off on the Wachowski brothers . . . sisters . . . siblings. . . Fuck it, I'm sticking with brothers.

Bonus picture:

lilly-wachowski-nee-andy-aout-2017_exact1024x768_p.jpg
The one on the right looks like Chelsea Handler

Body and gender dysmorphia are real things. I'm not saying it's "wrong", as that's a subjective concept. But those who don't feel comfortable in their own skin, have something going on upstairs.

I'm one of the 9 people who liked "Cloud Atlas".

They were weird dudes before, they're weird trans people now.

In terms of their careers, they've kept trying to tell these big, flashy stories with basically everything since Bound. It's hard to rebound without any commercial viability. With M Night Shyamalan, he blew up, made some terrible flop movies but had a nice rebound behind some cheap, well executed movies. Now he's likely to get another crack at directing an original story with a big budget.

The Wachowski's would be better served hooking up with a cheap Korean animation studio and making one off sci features for streaming services than attempting to make another Jupiter Ascending for a studio. If they're any good, someone will pick up the IP and convert to live action.

Back