Are the Vast majority of people weak and defenceless?

I always live my live ready to fight at a moments notice. I always have my guard up, and on alert. In public I keep my eyes open and take notice of my surroundings.

I won’t even look at my cell phone in public because that takes my guard down and makes me unaware.

I always live my live ready to fight at a moments notice. I always have my guard up, and on alert. In public I keep my eyes open and take notice of my surroundings.

I won’t even look at my cell phone in public because that takes my guard down and makes me unaware.

Stressful right?

I respect that though, I've always been on my toes.

One of the nicest things I've ever experienced was moving out of state and being able to kind of drop my guard.
My eyes are always open, but it was nice to walk around without having someone ask me for change or a ciggarette.

Well we aren't fish. You can trick those slimy fucks with a Banjo Minnow. Then eat it.

I would rather be Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos than Lee Murray TBH. But I grew up in a tough neighborhood where everyone was willing to fight. Sometimes I have to remember I’m older with a family at steak when my temper rises in situations where I’m dealing with assholes. A smart man always finds a better way. But sometimes you are forced to defend yourself and your family.

I have seen videos where A few dozen Isis members line up and execute thousands of people who do nothing to defend themselves. History is full of stories of thousands of people being meekly executed by a few dozen people.

Yes, that's because those 'few' people are armed and the others are not.

Most men I know and work with are terrified at the prospect of a fight. A few others talk tough but I doubt they mean it. I hate tough talkers. I think maybe one man in 10 at the bank I work at would be up for a physical fight, if that.

I think 90% of people don't really know how to fight. A few may throw those wide 'hillbilly' punches. I think most are also all 'bark' and no 'bite'. If you have taken any kind of martial arts for a few years and become good at the basics, you should be fine. Confidence plays a big part when the 'real' shit hits the fan. No use being a top notch BJJ fighter in a school or tournament if you 'freeze' when someone is coming at you in the streets.

Sure. Most of the guys in here spouting off about how defenseless people are, are also overrating their own abilities as well.

Yes i think most people are weak and defenceless. Something that has alway amazed me is the fact females are obsessed with learning how to fight properly or why parents don't insist daughters learn to fight.
In our society females are prey, simple as that.

I'm one of the weak people i suppose, but not as weak as a lot of guys i've seen in my life. I suppose most people just think 'it'll never happen to me.'

My son trains jits right now. Told the ex that I want my daughter to train as well and she wants her to do gymnastics instead. While I see that as a great alternative I believe that learning how to defend herself would be more beneficial. There's just too many crazies out there nowadays and if she could fend off someone at least long enough to attract the attention of others that to me would be a win.

I agree specially on the cell phone thing. I also like to avoid any shitty fast food joints because their food fucks my cardio up big time.

Not just thugs you have to worry about but animals if you are living in middle of nowhere.

Well that guy was also a sociopath and committed war crimes according to his commanding officer so I'm not sure if that adds to the point most normal people are weak and defenseless, or most people are capable of acts of great cruelty and destruction when pushed.

I won't pretend to be some badass, but I was at least a scrappy kid growing up. What baffles me isn't so much that people are weak and defenseless, but that there are people out there that seemingly have no desire to even remotely learn how to defend themselves, be it with fighting skills, a weapon, self-defense classes, etc. Those people need a dose of Worldstar Hip Hop to see what seemingly normal, everyday people are capable of. At least have some kind of self-preservation mindset.

I grew up watching "Walker Texas Ranger" so I'm tough as shit.

I have seen videos where A few dozen Isis members line up and execute thousands of people who do nothing to defend themselves.

History is full of stories of thousands of people being meekly executed by a few dozen people.

Most men I know and work with are terrified at the prospect of a fight. A few others talk tough but I doubt they mean it. I hate tough talkers.

I’ve seen lots of videos of Europeans being bullied and beaten up by migrants in Sweden and France and physically running from their own neighbourhoods.

I’ll admit that I’m probably among the weak. I’ve never been in a fist fight as an adult. I think maybe one man in 10 at the bank I work at would be up for a physical fight, if that.

I’ll be honest. I think the high quality of life in a first world country just makes me feel like it’s not worthwhile to possibly get stabbed and die in a gutter at a young age. My own selfishness is just too strong.

I would hope I’d have the courage to fight if women or children were in danger.

Is that what it is? Your level of comfort in life makes you soft? Too much to lose?

Dude. .. There are really videos of isis killing thousands of people? And you watch this shit? Truly sick times we live in.

My son trains jits right now. Told the ex that I want my daughter to train as well and she wants her to do gymnastics instead. While I see that as a great alternative I believe that learning how to defend herself would be more beneficial. There's just too many crazies out there nowadays and if she could fend off someone at least long enough to attract the attention of others that to me would be a win.
Thugs like easy targets. Sometimes slowing someone down for even a couple of seconds is enough to get you out of the situation.

I always keep my back to the wall whenever I'm at public places.
You never know if someone is about to sucker punch you, rob the place, have dishes or drinks spill on you, or if someone is about to puke over shoulder.

Not that it has ever happened to me, but whenever parents allow their children to run around the restaurant like zoo animals, anything can happen.

Yes. Western Europe and Canada has males that don't have the reflex to fight anymore.

I think physical violence is being bred out of males in the West, starting at childhood.

Possibly the USA is abit tougher though.

Back