Are tall skinny fighters weak for not moving up?

jon jones comes to mind.

That would add an unrealistic advantage to fighters that cap at the height limit...

Lets says if 155 was 5'9-511, that would put 6'0 fighters at a big disadvantage for no reason

Be good for teh Artem though

I dont understand what the double standard is on this topic.

People blaming Zabit for fighting at 145? Isnt that what the game is evolving to?

Some people praise other fighters for their height and reach at a division... At what point does it become to much?
A bunch of the greats had a height advantage that were mostly praised for.

I mean, has Zabit even missed weight in the UFC?

Its the meta of the game right now. Cut down as much as you can and be the biggest in the smallest division you can cut to

Dont hate the player... Hate the game

Zabit isnt even top 10 lmao. Bektic and elkins would ko him stiff.

ya only midets should be allowed to fight at lower weight classes. life is already hard for them its not fair for them to get bullied by taller fighters
I wish they would just get rid of 145 and 125 i feel 135 is the sweet spot where tall fighters can't cut that much weight, and 125 is a talentless pool. And pretty much all 145'ers are cutting from above 155, hell probably almost 170.

Add height limits to weight classes

Problem solved
300px-Igor_Vovchanchyn.jpg

Zabits naturally a ectomorph so its whatever. If you can make the weight do it but I wish everyone would just man up and make it illegal. Weight cutting isnt healthy in the long run and I also feel like its why fights take a long time to come into fruition.

People blaming Zabit for fighting at 145? Isnt that what the game is evolving to?

Some people praise other fighters for their height and reach at a division... At what point does it become to much?

Its the meta of the game right now. Cut down as much as you can and be the biggest in the smallest division you can cut to

zabit will move up. He has fought nobodies. When the elite WW and are all 5´9 and 5´10 or 5´11 guys and heavily muscled for there size they will be much stronger than almost 6´2 or 6´3 guys at there weight class. Why? Because for shorter fighter to be as strong he has to put on more muscle but for taller guys who are skinny and not muscular that additional muscle will mean they cannot make weight anymore.
different body types bro, some guys are just built that way and others are just cutting huge amounts of weight. Should just make 2 weight classes anyway, 170 and lower for manlets and 170 + for Men

this is true but only to a certain extent.

No +6ft guy will ever dominate or be good at FW or below in my opinion. Zabit is on borrowed time he has fought nobodies. The elite at WW which are all guys weighing 185lbs to 195lbs are all 5´9, 5´10, 5´11 guys or maybe 6ft and are at upper threshold of lean body mass for someone not bulking to bodybuilder status level. They are all strong. Woodley admits he is liek 5´8.5 tall

unless they do steroids and hgh plus other peds, the human body can't pack on muscle at a fast rate.

look at the natural body building shows.

we're not designed to hold massive amounts of muscle. lean and limber is how we evolved

zabit will move up. He has fought nobodies. When the elite WW and are all 5´9 and 5´10 or 5´11 guys and heavily muscled for there size they will be much stronger than almost 6´2 or 6´3 guys at there weight class. Why? Because for shorter fighter to be as strong he has to put on more muscle but for taller guys who are skinny and not muscular that additional muscle will mean they cannot make weight anymore.

this is true but only to a certain extent.

No +6ft guy will ever dominate or be good at FW or below in my opinion. Zabit is on borrowed time he has fought nobodies. The elite at WW which are all guys weighing 185lbs to 195lbs are all 5´9, 5´10, 5´11 guys or maybe 6ft and are at upper threshold of lean body mass for someone not bulking to bodybuilder status level. They are all strong. Woodley admits he is liek 5´8.5 tall
Whats your take on Jon Jones in the LHW divison? I mean, I see your point but there will always be anomalies imo

Whats your take on Jon Jones in the LHW divison? I mean, I see your point but there will always be anomalies imo
Jones isn't as tall and skinny at LHW as Zabit at FW though, he has enough mass to be strong. 6'4 220 is a lot different from 6'2 170, Jones is closer to Holloway in terms of tall and skinny, Zabit is like if Deontay Wilder fought at LHW in MMA.

Are manlet fighters weak for getting beat up by tall skinny fighters?

he is 6´4 which is perfect acceptable height for a LHW, HW, SHW etc. he is also not really heavy or overly muscular, kind of has chicken legs well actually he does. He only weighs 217lb to 225lbs. Cormier meanwhile is 5´10 flat and weighs 232lbs with a lot of fat on him. Cormier is easily carrying 25lbs of fat on him or 30lbs, yes lots of muscle he is strong but there is a lot of fat over it. Jones vary between max lean and jacked sort of.

I dont think jones is too big that is stupid to say. Most other LHW are all over 6ft, few are above 6´4 because well the % of men over 6´4 becomes incredibly smaller then those 6´0 to 6´3 or 6´4.

if jones was 6´11 and fighting at lhw or was 6´8 i would say he is too under muscled but at his height and frame size it seems good amount of muscle. I think he should move up to HW though and personally think he would lose more often there because his fight style would not be as good with those larger and equal sized, often heavier, stronger and more powerful guys.

different body types bro, some guys are just built that way and others are just cutting huge amounts of weight. Should just make 2 weight classes anyway, 170 and lower for manlets and 170 + for Men

There can't be many manlets at 170 if they cut weight to get there.

What's the cutoff?

I wouldn't consider someone like Woodley a manlet. What is he about 5'9? Maybe a bit short but he's built like a tree trunk.

There can't be many manlets at 170 if they cut weight to get there.

What's the cutoff?

I wouldn't consider someone like Woodley a manlet. What is he about 5'9? Maybe a bit short but he's built like a tree trunk.
How bout 185?

No.

Different people have different bodies. Someone like Jon Jones for example, is an ectomorph.

It'd be stupid for a fighter to get unnaturally bulky just to fight a larger opponent (who would vastly outweigh them during fight night, mind you).

I don't even like the entire weight cutting thing, but that's a different story.

I'm tall skinny 5'11" bantamweight (same as sugar O malley) . I can't get weight . If I eat alot & don't go to gym I'd get 2 or 3kg weight but then going back to mma gym & start running , I become 60 or 59kg .

Too bad virgins like you cant be players

Some fighters are rejuvenated when they stop cutting. Others look bloated and weak.

Not everyone is the same.

But the sport is currently dominated by shorter guys killing tall guys. Lanky means weak in the inside and they can get strangled easy due how thin they are for the division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back