Are Pride vs UFC Threads Allowed?

Personally I like the ring because it stops wall and stall, rope restarts were terrible though, shame dream came up with the perfect cage for MMA and no one ever continued it. White Cage was the future.
Bellator's round cage has never once produced a wall and stall fight and the org has been around for 10 years.
It's literally impossible to keep a guy up against a fence that is curved the entire way around. You just slide to the other direction.

bellator_cage.jpg

If the UFC didn't have the dumb Octagon brand thing I think they would've changed a long time ago.

When Pride was having the GP's around the early to mid 2000's, it was way more exciting and had more talent than the UFC.

Pride was an era- hard to make a larger judgement on which you enjoyed more when the sport has changed as much as it has. The UFC has watched Pride come and go through different eras.

Bellator's round cage has never once produced a wall and stall fight and the org has been around for 10 years.
It's literally impossible to keep a guy up against a fence that is curved the entire way around.

bellator_cage.jpg

If the UFC didn't have the dumb Octagon brand thing I think they would've changed a long time ago.

It doesn't tend to be the corners that's the problem it's the cage wall having no bounce. I'd favor a round cage for sure but springy walls would do everything ropes do.

I think if someone bull rushes a fighter back into a more springy material the defending fighter can use the momentum to try something rather than be pinned against a solid wall.

Round cage with springy material would make better fights for sure

PRIDE was the pinnacle of MMA, the best we have seen to date in terms of the product that they produced.

I understand that MMA is more popular now and maybe we have better athletes (maybe). But if you look at the events that they put on, the fights, the tournaments....they blow any "stacked" UFC event out of the water.

Oh and who gives a fuck about time difference? Fighting is global and the thirst for seeing stomps is universal so get used to it.

Back