Are people still blaming Air Guitar Silva for not finishing Maia?

If only he had countered Nick with the Air Guitar. Would've made this fight more exciting.

twerk.gif

laydown.gif

Nick was still an idiot that night. He didn't show up to fight. Pathetic showing, much moreso than Anderson vs Maia IMO

Well Nick is a WW and Anderson was roided up. Not often you see Anderson get clowned on that like. Almost felt sorry for him

If only he had countered Nick with the Air Guitar. Would've made this fight more exciting.

twerk.gif

laydown.gif
Anderson put on a masterful striking clinic, it is not often that we see someone beat Nick in his own game. Most often than not, they panic wrestle like GSP

There were Maia and GSP chants during that fight.

Maia won the crowd.
The stupid thing is that Maia gets a ton of shit from sherdog for that fight, despite the fact that he tried everything he could and never gave up and was simply outmatched.

lots of people let the last 2 rounds make them forget what happened in the first 3

that fight was AT LEAST as much of maias fault as andersons. for the first half of the fight, maia was literally running away from anderson while anderson ran after him waving his arms around and hitting him. anderson even stood in the center of the cage, pointing to the floor trying to get maia to stay and fight, but maia just ran and flopped. eventually anderson got mad and started doing it back to maia

there is NO excuse for maia to run away in this situation
2efi93m.jpg

people remember maia trying to attack after anderson already stopped trying to force a fight, most people dont remember this shit
2zhdxdz.jpg

the fact is, if maia cant grapple with his opponent, he just gives up, refuses to engage or starts flopping and hoping they go in his guard.

None of your gifs prove your point. You simply can't tell the difference between getting pressured and running away.

That's the fight that lost me my respect for him, not that anybody gives a fuck, but yeah, it took a long while and Chaell Sonnen to show up to get me behind Anderson again. I still always loved to see him fighting though, just wasn't a big fan of the person, just the figher.

I never fully respected him after I heard more stories from people I trust of how much of a douche he is in person. In that aspect Jon Jones will always be my favorite. Him and JDS were the best, but Jones still topped it.

This fight in particular highlights why AS isn't in goat contention. If opponents didn't play his game, he didn't have a plan B and just looked awful.

People will shit on AS, Woodley etc, for not finishing. If they got choked out they´d been laughed at...Idiots...Its like they just gotta play into his game right? Oh no can´t fight smart. Its your job to force your game onto your opponent. Both AS, Wooldey, and now Usman DOMINATED their fights..check the scores...they were in control...who cares. AS showed he could finish him, Woodley played it very safe and denied all takedowns...so did Usman..but you people just love bitching lol.

And the Nick fight..again AS dominated it...check the scores

Completely agree
It s about personal tastes and cultural background
There are trends though, most people don’t consider a crane kick ko boring :D
GSP and Anderson are a good example, I like both and hate it when fans try to put one down thinking they elevate their favorite

Yup, though actually most people consider even crane kick's boring; you can see this in the percentage of viewers MMA, or even martial arts movies, get - its pretty low compared to the North American population of 360 million people.

There really are few things (other than basic biological needs) that everyone likes, and even among those most have wide varieties.

Lot of Maia fights sucks when he can't get takedowns.

Dude, just a couple of days ago I was being told never to post again because I dared to suggest that Maia needed to improve his takedowns because he's gone 0-3 recently by way of not being able to get takedowns. Chael took Anderson down at will for 6 rounds of their two fights, but if you suggest Maia not being able to get takedowns means he's not good enough in that area then you're not a real MMA fan or something. Anderson has a career TDD of 69% and Maia was helpless to do anything for like.... 5 rounds.

I’ve always found this fight pretty entertaining, in its own bizarre way. I still remember watching it live and laughing my ass off during the first three rounds. An underrated cult classic, IMHO
This people don’t understand the brilliance of it. Anderson Silva hands down begging someone to engage with him

I actually liked that fight.

It was so strange that it was enjoyable.

This people don’t understand the brilliance of it. Anderson Silva hands down begging someone to engage with him

Weird how Nick was doing the same to him yet Anderson was scared

Back