Are people still blaming Air Guitar Silva for not finishing Maia?

if he was an american wrestler they would have said he was smart, but he's brazilian and not a wrestler so it was boring...
american fans...

Boring is subjective. It always has been, and always will be. Some folks find classical boring and love rock. Other folks love classical and find rock boring. Same for action movies/dramas. Same for beer/wine. Same for different foods, different books, different sports (note that Americans tend to find soccer boring and love North American football, Brazilians tend to love soccer and find find North American football boring).

The point is, people aren't inconsistent in finding one thing boring and a different thing entertaining, they're just being people.

I can never understand why MMA fans seem to think everyone should agree on what fighters are boring and what fighters are entertaining. Its like expecting everyone to like the same flavor of ice-cream, or the same band, or the same movie. Kids in grade six think everyone should like the same thing. We're supposed to know better by the time we graduate from elementary school.

For instance, I'm what seems to be one of a small group on Sherdog who likes both Anderson's and GSP's fights (for different reasons); I also like both classical music and rock. But I have no difficulty at all in understanding why some people find GSP entertaining and Anderson boring and other people find GSP boring and Anderson entertaining. The longer you live, the more often you see just how varied people's interests are.

I’ve always found this fight pretty entertaining, in its own bizarre way. I still remember watching it live and laughing my ass off during the first three rounds. An underrated cult classic, IMHO

And even in fights where Maia doesn't get the takedown, he certainly seems to be the fighter who is trying harder to win.

Opponents contain Maia. They have too, because he is so dangerous.
about as dangerous as a great white on the beach

Boring is subjective. It always has been, and always will be. Some folks find classical boring and love rock. Other folks love classical and find rock boring. Same for action movies/dramas. Same for beer/wine. Same for different foods, different books, different sports (note that Americans tend to find soccer boring and love North American football, Brazilians tend to love soccer and find find North American football boring).

The point is, people aren't inconsistent in finding one thing boring and a different thing entertaining, they're just being people.

I can never understand why MMA fans seem to think everyone should agree on what fighters are boring and what fighters are entertaining. Its like expecting everyone to like the same flavor of ice-cream, or the same band, or the same movie. Kids in grade six think everyone should like the same thing. We're supposed to know better by the time we graduate from elementary school.

For instance, I'm what seems to be one of a small group on Sherdog who likes both Anderson's and GSP's fights (for different reasons); I also like both classical music and rock. But I have no difficulty at all in understanding why some people find GSP entertaining and Anderson boring and other people find GSP boring and Anderson entertaining. The longer you live, the more often you see just how varied people's interests are.

Completely agree
It s about personal tastes and cultural background
There are trends though, most people don’t consider a crane kick ko boring :D
GSP and Anderson are a good example, I like both and hate it when fans try to put one down thinking they elevate their favorite

I was so pissed at the end of that fight. People I was watching the fight with were like, “ so they’re just allowed to fuck off in the middle of a fight?”

Made the ufc look like a total fucking joke for their best fighter at the time to behave like that especially in a main event.

Little did we know he would pay the price for his arrogance years later in humiliating fashion.

And how!

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

1422634179leg.gif

image.jpg

It was an awful fight. He lost a lot of fans with this fight and the one against Leites. He just wanted guys like Forrest coming forward and winging punches at him so he could counter. He never liked coming forward. Leites presented no threat and Anderson could've finished him with ease but was fucing around and throwing leg punches.

Those 2 fights will always sully his career. I've never seen who outmatches their opponents so bad do so little to try to win the fight. MMA fans were rightly pissed off that they paid to watch that shit.

Lol you can look at any "GOAT" and find a fight that "tarnishes" their career. GSP got busted up by Jake Shields for 2 rounds on the feet and didn't know how to perform an armbar vs Hardy. Still a GOAT.

And the billionaire Arabs haven't invited them back since.

Lol you can look at any "GOAT" and find a fight that "tarnishes" their career. GSP got busted up by Jake Shields for 2 rounds on the feet and didn't know how to perform an armbar vs Hardy. Still a GOAT.

Lwyf061.jpg

sheilds-eye-poke_original_original.jpg

gsppoke2.jpg

iKvE2xT.gif

KJq4Q.gif

There are more...

The greatest Anderson era. Dana afterward was so upset it was amazing

In those days, Anderson did whatever Anderson wanted to. He was so much better than everyone else that he could toy with them, just like he did against Leites.

The thing is, a fighter's prime simply doesn't last very long, it's a small window. Anderson's prime was longer than others and that made him special, almost invincible for a long time.

He's easily one of the very best ever. I should also mention that the very thing which makes Anderson so special, a prolonged prime, is the very same thing that guarantees Fedor's spot as best of all time. Fedor was the absolute best fighter in the world for a decade. It'll never be matched.

In those days, Anderson did whatever Anderson wanted to. He was so much better than everyone else that he could toy with them, just like he did against Leites.

The thing is, a fighter's prime simply doesn't last very long, it's a small window. Anderson's prime was longer than others and that made him special, almost invincible for a long time.

He's easily one of the very best ever. I should also mention that the very thing which makes Anderson so special, a prolonged prime, is the very same thing that guarantees Fedor's spot as best of all time. Fedor was the absolute best fighter in the world for a decade. It'll never be matched.
Great post

Anderson and Fedor are the 2 GOATs

anderson shouldnt have clowned around like that, but if you watch the whole fight, its clear that he did it out of frustration from shit like this

10001176.gif

maia was only trying to engage and punch from his knees etc. after anderson made it clear that he had enough and wasnt going to fight him. when anderson still posed a threat, maia was terrified

Looked more like Silva, the counter puncher, got frustrated when someone wouldn't dive into his counter punching style. Same thing happened with Weidman, except Weidman made him pay for it.

Back