Are people still blaming Air Guitar Silva for not finishing Maia?

"Do you blame Silva?"

Yes. He was dicking around the whole fight. He might have been pretty amused by his own antics, but no one else was.

I liked the fight but I understood people’s frustration. Maia is dangerous as hell too no reason to get tangled up in his game for any reason.

both Silva and Romero have eccentric personalities but Silva has a bad habit of bringing his into the fight whereas Yoel takes care of business then does some bizarre shit

I was so pissed at the end of that fight. People I was watching the fight with were like, “ so they’re just allowed to fuck off in the middle of a fight?”

Made the ufc look like a total fucking joke for their best fighter at the time to behave like that especially in a main event.

Little did we know he would pay the price for his arrogance years later in humiliating fashion.

Yeah, it did make the UFC look bad. Dana was really apologetic to everyone after that card. "We're gonna make it up to you guys"...he must have been pissed!

But to answer TS's question...No, I don't think anyone blames Anderson for not finishing Maia. I don't think anyone really gives a shit. They are both near the end of their careers and legendary, great fighters. Aside from a few haters, think most folks focus on that.

Last edited:
Leites and Maia were terrible fights. And Dana played up how bad they were... I was rooting for Chael and I'm an Andy fan.

It was incredibly satisfying though when Andy beat chael the way he did because he lost 4 rounds badly but somehow still seemed invincible because he got the finish.

Yeah, it did make the UFC look bad. Dana was.reallh apologetic to everyone after that card. "We're gonna make it up to you guys"...he must have been pissed!

But to answer TS's question...No, I don't think anyone blames Anderson for not finishing Maia. I don't think anyone really gives a shit. They are both near the end of their careers and legendary, great fighters. Aside from a few haters, think most folks focus on that.

Yeah agree.

that was one of the most embarrassing and pathetic performances in the cage.

Spider can really be a weirdo sometimes...

During the build-up, Maia said half-jokingly that he was going to take him down, and Spider took it as a supreme insult...(?!?)

That´s why he acted like this during the fight...

Just 2 fights before he put up that shit performance vs Leites where at least one judge had it 48-47.Those two fights were pathetic.

lots of people let the last 2 rounds make them forget what happened in the first 3

that fight was AT LEAST as much of maias fault as andersons. for the first half of the fight, maia was literally running away from anderson while anderson ran after him waving his arms around and hitting him. anderson even stood in the center of the cage, pointing to the floor trying to get maia to stay and fight, but maia just ran and flopped. eventually anderson got mad and started doing it back to maia

there is NO excuse for maia to run away in this situation
2efi93m.jpg

people remember maia trying to attack after anderson already stopped trying to force a fight, most people dont remember this shit
2zhdxdz.jpg

the fact is, if maia cant grapple with his opponent, he just gives up, refuses to engage or starts flopping and hoping they go in his guard.

Just 2 fights before he put up that shit performance vs Leites where at least one judge had it 48-47.Those two fights were pathetic.

lol are you really gonna blame leites acting like kalib starnes between werdum-esque flops on anderson?

the whole reason that they matched anderson with forrest was because leites refused to engage him so much, they had to look to 205 to try to find someone who they could depend on to engage him

Nope people dont gaf and are over it

The weird thing about that fight was that Silva gassed. He barely did anything in the fight but it was clear in the later rounds that he was exhausted.

do you even guitar hero bro? Shit's tiring after 20 minutes <45>

lol you're absolutely right though. The greats are often quirky
<Fedor23>

I blame him for acting like a jackass in the fight, not finishing was just a byproduct of that

he tried the same thing in the weidman fight. Unfortunately (imo) it didn't work out that time :(

anderson shouldnt have clowned around like that, but if you watch the whole fight, its clear that he did it out of frustration from shit like this

10001176.gif

maia was only trying to engage and punch from his knees etc. after anderson made it clear that he had enough and wasnt going to fight him. when anderson still posed a threat, maia was terrified

I don't remember the fight at all. IIRC Anderson wasn't going to grapple with Maia, and Maia wasn't going to strike with Anderson, so I suppose it became a dance contest and debate.

Back