Are online Ads effective?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know most websites including Sherdog have advertising programs. I am curious to know if they are effective and if there was an ad on Sherdog or any other forum that caught your attention?

Not in the least for me. I only impulse buy while out physically shopping and never anything I saw on the web.

Adblock. I don't see ads anymore.

I'm still waiting to meet that married cougar who lives three miles from me that's "DTF asap."

There is absolutely ZERO chance I'd ever spend money at ANY of sdog's advertisers.

(I'm just grateful I was able to type this all on my phone without the sherdog pop up: "warning! Yous got that one virus, Yo! Click here now for your free scan!")

Srsly, what a stupid thread.

more or less, especially when it's directed to the right audiences.

My friends online business got noticeable improvements after getting online ads. That much I can say.

No , and if I accidentally open that dumb fucking bowflex ad one more time I think my head might explode.

Yes...they're always effectively pissing me off!

more or less, especially when it's directed to the right audiences.

My friends online business got noticeable improvements after getting online ads. That much I can say.

That's the thing I am wondering, I am curious to know if people notice it but may not click the link at the moment but search for the product on Google or if it shows up in ad they are not simply going to give a shit no matter what...

They are not effective for the advertiser very rarely does a click thru translate to a purchase, but they help websites make money for each click thru. I dont know how much Sherdog and other popular forums make anymore but back when Adsens first came out websites were making big bucks in the early days of it, but things changed when Google bought youtube now its the youtubers making big bucks off the ads.

But its tough to make money now on a forum or blog due to chrome and mozilla having a built in ad blocker.

The only way to make money from these adsense ads now is through YouTube since adblock cannot block the ads in the video, those videos will play or the ad will pop up its why youtubers make a killing Adsense generates over 20 billion in revenue a year and many of these youtubers who just post reaction videos and other crap stuff are able to make a comfortable living, many of them make anywhere from 30 to 60k a year and the big channels make high six figures to millions a year from youtube.

A lot of companies are complaining of taking a loss from advertising and not getting many conversions.

Apparently it works on people? I us Adblock and no longer have cable tv. Commercials and ads just annoy me now.

Well I use ublock origin now. To the guy above, I don't see YouTube ads. Adblock plus sucks now.

Pop up ads that obstruct the whole screen and have an 'x' button the size of an atom make me want to choke a fool.

They are,probably only for mobile phone industry,cuz i always want to throw my phone at the wall...I did a few times

Not in the traditional sense where you see the ad, click and buy

But they implant their name+product together in your brain so when you are in the market, their brand is the first one in your mind

It works because the ads are designed around your browsing history. But I know better than to click on those ads. Sometimes I see an amazon ad and it's things I want to buy.

It's not going to work on tech savvy people. It's target is mostly the house wives and grandpa who don't know any better. I mean if you know any better, you'd have adblocks and know not to click on ads.

You'd be surprised at how many people actually click on those ads. Most online revenues come from ads. There wouldn't be so much ads if it wasn't working.

Online ads are useless. I still don't know why personal trainers hate him, I still haven't grown 2 inches, and I still don't know how this mom makes £1790 a week in her spare time.

No they aren't. You know what is effective ? Podcast Ads. Seat Geek, Blue Apron, and MeUndies are like seared into my brain.

No they aren't. You know what is effective ? Podcast Ads. Seat Geek, Blue Apron, and MeUndies are like seared into my brain.

It's funny, I have no idea what the name of the product the slogan is for, but I'll never forget "corn to the core"

No, but I have 9 ways to get rid of advertising forever though.... Number 4 will shock you!

Back