Are NFL Player the Best OVERALL Athletes

Football should really be called hand egg to avoid confusion.
I was just reading about the AFL, seems more like American football than rugby(at least in regards to points). What do you prefer to watch?

A massive sport with A-level attendance and money.
asdadmn.jpg

<Rodgers1>

Come on, what happened to A level athletes ?

Not just India, most of the Commonwealth. Funnily enough, you guys invented this sport but have never won the World Cup despite hosting it numerous times.

tuurt.gif

Polynesians are the best athletes hands down and even the untrained ones are potemtial world class athletes

Jonah Lomu was a fucking beast, 6'5" 275, could run the 100m in 10.6-10.8 seconds with the agility of a gazelle. I would have shit my pants if I saw him barreling toward me on the rugby pitch!

LeftHappygoluckyFinwhale-max-1mb.gif

CarelessHiddenEgg-max-1mb.gif

UglyTerribleAnnelida-max-1mb.gif

Jonah Lomu was a fucking beast, 6'5" 275, could run the 100m in 10.6-10.8 seconds with the agility of a gazelle. I would have shit my pants if I saw him barreling toward me on the rugby pitch!

LeftHappygoluckyFinwhale-max-1mb.gif

CarelessHiddenEgg-max-1mb.gif

UglyTerribleAnnelida-max-1mb.gif
Lomu is once a generation specimen. Imagine he was competing without his illness during prime.

also 'athleticism' isn't some random, generic term

The NFL combine literally measures what most people consider to be the facets of athleticism : strength, speed, quickness, agility, leaping ability, etc....

Which is why they also have the best athletes.

LOL

So what you're REALLY saying is that track & field has the best athletes because they have the guys who runs the fastest, runs the longest, jumps the furthest, jumps the highest and throws stuff the furthest.

LOL

So what you're REALLY saying is that track & field has the best athletes because they have the guys who runs the fastest, runs the longest, jumps the furthest, jumps the highest and throws stuff the furthest.
no, they don't

carl lewis ran and jumped the farthest, and he was juicing

NFL players clearly have the best combination of all those in one person. I already posted the literal example, Vernon Davis's combine. Carl Lewis wasn't benching 225 30+ times my dude, on top of 4.3 40 and a 42" vertical at 250+ shredded lbs

good day

no, they don't

carl lewis ran and jumped the farthest, and he was juicing

NFL players clearly have the best combination of all those in one person. I already posted the literal example, Vernon Davis's combine. Carl Lewis wasn't benching 225 30+ times my dude, on top of 4.3 40 and a 42" vertical at 250+ shredded lbs

good day

Sure that's impressive, but how many NFL players are there like Vernon Davis? Are all NFL players that impressive or is Vernon Davis an impressive physical specimen who happens to play in NFL?

So he can bench 225 30+ times. Great. Well he's a big guy. Now how many pullups can he do? Can he even lift his own body weight half as many times as gymnasts? How long can he endure his own bodyweight on the rings or pommel horse? After he gets off the rings, can he do as many back flips as the gymnast?

You have a good day too.

Sure NFL players are some tough MF'ers.

But to claim NFL players generally have more quickness, agility and fast-twitch muscles via running with a handegg than these guys...
giphy.gif
sNz55kl.gif
6pEj.gif

giphy.gif

I was just reading about the AFL, seems more like American football than rugby(at least in regards to points). What do you prefer to watch?

It's really nothing like american football tbh. Completely different shape of field (oval vs rectangle) completely different style of play (NFL set-plays to move the ball, AFL has 360 degrees of open play)...not to mention the myriad differences regards tackling, passing, running with the ball, catching (taking marks) etc. etc. Even the points are different; you kick the ball through three open posts worth either 6 points (a goal, the big middle one) or 1 point (a behind, the two smaller ones). You don't have to ground the ball like NFL. There are many differences between rugby and NFL too, but at least with those two you can see where they share common ancestry sport-wise. Especially rugby league, but rugby union as well. But none of them are all that similar to AFL.

Personally, I equally enjoying watching AFL and both codes of rugby.

If you are looking for a sport which is somewhat similar to AFL then look at Gaelic Football (the GAA):

Similar enough that Ireland and Australia play a hybrid sport called International Rules against each other. You also get a lot of AFL clubs poaching young GAA talent and there are a few top Irish players down there.

Here's a video I made if you are curious to see more gaelic football:

Last edited:

It's called football because you progress the ball up the field on foot rather than on a horse.

Sure that's impressive, but how many NFL players are there like Vernon Davis? Are all NFL players that impressive or is Vernon Davis an impressive physical specimen who happens to play in NFL?

So he can bench 225 30+ times. Great. Well he's a big guy. Now how many pullups can he do? Can he even lift his own body weight half as many times as gymnasts? How long can he endure his own bodyweight on the rings or pommel horse? After he gets off the rings, can he do as many back flips as the gymnast?

You have a good day too.

The nfl is full of athletes who can do that shit. Gymnasts are close though, that sport is brutal, if it didn't prioritise manlets I might have your back. Manlets dancing around is hardly a sport worthy of mention tho is it?

Back