Are migrant children really being held in Texas?

And separating parents from their kids and losing those kids. Also completing the Drump cult circle jerk to climax

According this article 70% of them are already separated from their parents when crossing the border . . .

The shelter is state-licensed for 1,200 beds but received a variance from state officials to house 297 more youths because of the latest influx of immigrants. There are more than 1,367 staff members in the 250,000 square foot shelter. The facility has added workers to keep the staffing ratio within state requirements, director Martin Hinojosa said. The average stay is 49 days.

The shelter housed only boys this week, more than 70% of whom arrived at the border unaccompanied by adults.

Officials said some of the youths ages 10 to 17 had been separated from their parents under the Trump administration’s new “zero tolerance” policy, which has led more migrants to be charged in federal criminal court before they reach administrative immigration court. When youths arrive at the shelter, they’re assigned a caseworker who tries to reach relatives in their home country and potential sponsors who could host them in the U.S.

The hypocrisy here is insane. And so is the fake outrage!

Trump doesn't give two shits about separating children form their families at a border. The Israelis are sniping families who are hundreds of yards from the border right now. Nikki Haley is embarrassing this nation in front of the world at the UN by going against a simple request to protect these children and families from being shot for crying out loud.

What the fuck are we supposed to do here. It's not like they are peacefully protesting on their own land. These people are flooding our country illegally. They are not even trying to claim that they wish to return to their homes.

I bet if the parents had not come to America illegally, they would not have been split from their children.

Let me guess, accountability is racist?

Kinda makes you think about concentration camps in nazi germany..

<escalate99>

Sounds like a solid comparison when you consider the harsh conditions the jews faced...

{<huh}

It does your train of thought is severely flawed.

I'm starting to connect the dots between this and the most infamous death camp. This has been enlightening.

Is there any evidence of mistreatment? From reading around about this it seems that these kids are given opportunities for schooling, medical treatment when needed, entertainment/activities and clean safe places to rest inside this “empty Walmart”....

And lol @ calling it an “empty Walmart”. It was a wal mart at one point but was completely re modeled and re purposed, it no longer even resembles a wal mart.
I didn't call it an empty walmart. Isolating children from society and their parents is a recipe for trouble and a haven for predators. Those are just facts, that's why this needs some serious external supervision. Saying "well it's worse in Mexico" is the laziest, bum excuse possible.

Don't believe progressive lies. Tonni is mad because Belgium is turning into an Islamic state. He wants the madness to continue and doesn't like being told how warped his way of thinking is.
I'm mad because Belgium is becoming islamic that's why I want it to continue.

You're a moron because your parents had bad genes and they decided to procreate. Just come out with it, don't be such a little alt-right coward. You type exactly like RIPwarrior and you have a similar tough guy nickname. "Soul Crusher" is the kind of name you'd see on a WoW character of a 12 year old.

This is my understanding as well, people want to believe they just have an empty Walmart filled with cages where they lock kids up and hose them down while shoveling slip through the cages and that just isn’t reality.

In reality, the kids in these centers are treated well and given healthcare and treatment they need as well as schooling, exercise. Dentists, barbers, teachers, physics therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, nurses, doctors.....sounds awful right?
Do you have any idea how much abuse occurs in, for example, a youth institution? Not necessarily the staff even though that happens more than you'd think, but abuse between the teenagers?

Every institution where children are separated from society and their parents, is ripe for abuse and needs to be as transparent as possible. Meaning, there needs to be external inspection and supervision.

Why do you believe a great deal of abuse must be occurring? The more I read about the facility, the more comfortable I was with it's existence. The people who work there are not politically minded, they are teachers, doctors, barbers, etc, who just want to help these kids.

There is always the chance that some abuse can occur, but the same can be said for Boy Scouts, public school, travel sports teams, etc. But it seems like the people who work there are doing an admiral job, and are probably putting in a lot of hard work for these kids.
Have you ever read reports on youth institutions or do you know people that work in them? Any institution that lacks transparency and outside inspection, and houses minors or other vulnerable demographics = ripe for abuse and a very high chance of it occurring. That's my main gripe with it.

Most of the abuse happens between the minors in any case.

I'm mad because Belgium is becoming islamic that's why I want it to continue.

Replace that . with an and.

You're a moron because your parents had bad genes and they decided to procreate. Just come out with it, don't be such a little alt-right coward. You type exactly like RIPwarrior and you have a similar tough guy nickname. "Soul Crusher" is the kind of name you'd see on a WoW character of a 12 year old.

tenor.gif
at your progressive rage.

I'm mad because Belgium is becoming islamic that's why I want it to continue and.

{<huh}
Tonni is mad because Belgium is turning into an Islamic state and he wants the madness to continue and doesn't like being told how warped his way of thinking is.

You're mad because you don't like being told how warped your way of thinking is.

Do you have any idea how much abuse occurs in, for example, a youth institution? Not necessarily the staff even though that happens more than you'd think, but abuse between the teenagers?

Every institution where children are separated from society and their parents, is ripe for abuse and needs to be as transparent as possible. Meaning, there needs to be external inspection and supervision.

Have you ever read reports on youth institutions or do you know people that work in them? Any institution that lacks transparency and outside inspection, and houses minors or other vulnerable demographics = ripe for abuse and a very high chance of it occurring. That's my main gripe with it.

Most of the abuse happens between the minors in any case.

I agree with this in principle, but the description of this particular facility made it sound like they are doing the best they can to provide a safe environment. It's not going to be perfect, and it's sad that some abuse is likely to occur at some point. But I'm trying to look at it realistically. What do you think would be a better strategy for dealing with these 1,500 kids?

Back