Are kids not that great?

kids are a lot of work but they are worth it. I have kids but i can also understand why some people may just want one or none. Life would be easier but i would be less fulfilled, that does not mean your me so you can have a very fulfilled life without kids.

Yeah bud , that's all. Non of the other stuff between now and fucking then means anything!

Dont look now but your double digited iq attempt at building a straw argument is on fire !

What stuff? You're the one who brought up 74.

There's more to life than having it revolve around your kids. And once they are grown they aren't going to be interested in hanging around 247. They'll have their own lives to live, and you'll have to live yours.

People who don't have kids are just getting a head start on what people like you will be doing at 50-60.

Don't be a dummy. We all lived withiut kids and remember not wanting them. I was 33 before I had my first.
Well, I still don't fucking want them. What, am I lying? Obviously not. And I don't really give a shit how great you think having kids is. I have a pretty good idea about what I'm missing, and I don't miss it. Oh, but someone on sherdog said it's so great so I'd better do it, right? That would be the worst reason ever.

Different people have different preferences. It's why some people have 5 kids, some have 1, and some have zero.

Of course people who chose not to have kids don't want to admit that they made a mistake and are missing out on something great. Would they really admit it?

Because I could still have them if I wanted to. So it isn't like I'm stuck with no kids the way someone who has them is stuck with them.

Well, I still don't fucking want them. What, am I lying? Obviously not. And I don't really give a shit how great you think having kids is. I have a pretty good idea about what I'm missing, and I don't miss it. Oh, but someone on sherdog said it's so great so I'd better do it, right? That would be the worst reason ever.

Different people have different preferences. It's why some people have 5 kids, some have 1, and some have zero.

Lol the people on here are acting like having kids is just something you do automatically instead of the biggest responsibility and burden a person will ever have in their life. Like they put zero thought into the decision.

I don't have kids precisely because I realize what a big fucking deal it is.

Lol the people on here are acting like having kids is just something you do automatically instead of the biggest responsibility and burden a person will ever have in their life. Like they put zero thought into the decision.

I don't have kids precisely because I realize what a big fucking deal it is.
Exactly. It is a huge responsibility. I don't want to take that on. Yet another reason I'm not doing it.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people do it because it is simply expected of them. They graduated from college, or high school for most sherdoggers, got a decent job, moved out on their own, and having kids is the next logical step for them.

For me, it's not something I want. Hell, I may want to go back to school and get my phd. That would be next to impossible with kids, as well as many other things I want to do, like sit in peace and quiet every once in a while, or take a shit without anyone bothering me.

Kids are hell. They drain your time, money, and youth. I still love mine to death, but I know how punishing it can be at the same time.

You can never get major life experiences without them too. Seeing something you created grow up and do great things themselves. It's give and take, like all great things in life

Last edited:
Parents never stfu about their kids. It's annoying. No, they aren't that great, which is why I chose never to have kids. Well, that and a million other reasons.

I'll comment on this.

Parents: It is very important to make your own friends and not simply become friends with the parents of your children's classmates, teammates, friends, etc.

It's important to both parents and kids that they have their own lives that doesn't ALWAYS revolve around the other.

What stuff? You're the one who brought up 74.

There's more to life than having it revolve around your kids. And once they are grown they aren't going to be interested in hanging around 247. They'll have their own lives to live, and you'll have to live yours.

People who don't have kids are just getting a head start on what people like you will be doing at 50-60.

" what stuff " ....what do you think ? What about quality time spent with your kids ? I drove halfway up the Eastern seaboard with my oldest and my father to go wander around the white mountains for a week last summer , was a pretty swell time with 3 generations . Took my 5 year old along with a buddy and his 5 year old to spend the day swimming in mountain stream that looked like it was out of a movie set last weekend . What's the value amount you propose to place on those things ?

Other than that what are you getting at ? Things I'll be doing at 50 or 60 ? Like what , drinking with my friends once a week ? Do it . Buying investment properties ? Already on it. Taking vacations ? Do that . You tell me , what exactly I'm missing out on that would supposedly be an equitable trade for my children . You can't , because there isn't anything. I'd throw myself into traffic in a half second for my kids , I doubt you have anything you value as much.

You don't see the value , great man ! You can also take your presumption that your experience is some sort of universal truism elsewhere .

" Derp, I paid cash for a used dirt bike AND ate at Ruth Chris last week......eat your heart out parents Derp "

I think that's probably a pretty accurate cost / reward assessment of the typical person making your argument, here anyhow. In other words , Kids or not isnt the deciding factor in the mark they are gonna make.

My kids don't " keep me " from doing anything , other than not being able to jerk off in the living room if I want to or getting out of Costco for less than 300 bucks.

Of course they say that. Would they really admit to themselves, or you, that it was a mistake and they hate it? That's a mistake that comes with an 18 year commitment at least. People have a hard enough time admitting they were in the wrong if they rear end someone.
Well since you don't have kids, you don't have a clue what it is like to have your own kid so you really have zero knowledge on the matter.

" what stuff " ....what do you think ? What about quality time spent with your kids ? I drove halfway up the Eastern seaboard with my oldest and my father to go wander around the white mountains for a week last summer , was a pretty swell time with 3 generations . Took my 5 year old along with a buddy and his 5 year old to spend the day swimming in mountain stream that looked like it was out of a movie set last weekend . What's the value amount you propose to place on those things ?

Other than that what are you getting at ? Things I'll be doing at 50 or 60 ? Like what , drinking with my friends once a week ? Do it . Buying investment properties ? Already on it. Taking vacations ? Do that . You tell me , what exactly I'm missing out on that would supposedly be an equitable trade for my children . You can't , because there isn't anything. I'd throw myself into traffic in a half second for my kids , I doubt you have anything you value as much.

You don't see the value , great man ! You can also take your presumption that your experience is some sort of universal truism elsewhere .

" Derp, I paid cash for a used dirt bike AND ate at Ruth Chris last week......eat your heart out parents Derp "

I think that's probably a pretty accurate cost / reward assessment of the typical person making your argument, here anyhow. In other words , Kids or not isnt the deciding factor in the mark they are gonna make.

My kids don't " keep me " from doing anything , other than not being able to jerk off in the living room if I want to or getting out of Costco for less than 300 bucks.

You did not take a 5 year old "wandering around the mountains." You went to a spot that was easy to reach and then you played baby sitter the entire time. There's a huge difference between me wandering around a mountain with friends and you babysitting 2 kids. Lol don't pretend like it's the same.

You also don't take vacations the same way people without kids do. You can't go to the same places, for the same length. Your trips are based around their school schedule. You have to plan your activities specifically around them so that they have a good time. You can't spontaneously go out, your outings are planned in advance. How cute, wifey let's you go out once a week.

Don't pull this shit, I know exactly what you can and can't do, I have almost 20 nieces/nephews.

Well since you don't have kids, you don't have a clue what it is like to have your own kid so you really have zero knowledge on the matter.
It's life changing, and something you must go through to understand. There are many other examples of things you MUST experience to fully understand. Kids is just one of them.

That's such a load of shit. I have a sister who has a kid, friends who have kids, and coworkers who have kids. I can make a judgement about whether or not I want them based on what they tell me about it alone. You don't have to have kids in order to figure out you don't want them.

People keep saying this. He has no kids, I have no kids, but you have kids. You can't see what we see but I'm not trying to tell you that you have no knowledge about what it's like not to have kids and that you don't have the right to talk about it. You see things that we don't see also. I like to hear different opinions about kids and marriage and all that.

For instance Ann Coulter doesn't have any kids and btw I can't stand her. And she's here in a room full of people that have kids and they all think she's a sick person because she thinks differently than them, yet she has more knowledge than anyone in the room about kids, by far. People looking at her with disgusting looks are dumbest people. She's just stating facts. And I know it's a TV show but you know everyone hates her for telling the truth that has seen this video. People with kids can be sometimes blinded by what's actually real, and it the other way around as well.

All these people acting like not having kids is somehow a bad decision probably regret having kids. Misery loves company. Thou doth protest too much.

Everyone starts without kids. Pretty sure we know what you all do.

If you don't want them, that's cool. They are very difficult, and there are plenty of people here already. No need to have them because some fools think everyone should breed.

I'm hanging around childless ppl and they rant about kids aren't that great. That anyone can have them and they ruin more lives then help people. That a car to a car person is as important as a parent with a kid to the car guy. Or basically any other example you want to think of.

Is this true? I have a kid and I love him. I don't say he saved me or take millions of pics. However if people do? Who gives a F? Or if your a dog person and take millions of pics? IDC if u do.

Why do childless humans say kids aren't that great? Is it because parents over talk their kids?

Sounds far more representative of their own upbringings, and how their parents viewed them... as burdens, liabilities, drains to their bank account, and restrictions of their freedom.

I'm speaking generally, of course. People that have had horrible childhoods can be great parents, or vice versa.

I'm sure having your own kid must feel great.
I'm sure trying heroin must feel great.
Their are people who comment on this forum that feel that hard drugs like Heroin are not as bad as they are made out to be... Just sayin..

Back