Are kids not that great?

Good for you

If that's what you want(or don't want)

But all you see or quote is the bad part you see of it.

The part that baffles you is you hear and see all these supposed "Bad things" about having kids and the majority of parents still say "its worth it".

You find it unbelievable(or at least, Jack Reacharound seems to since he said we must be lying and unwilling to admit it is a mistake) and don't understand how we can be so happy and fulfilled with Kids despite all the work and annoyances. Because you are incapable of understanding the happiness above all else they bring us that outweighs all that stuff. Nobody who hasn't had a kid is capable of understanding it.
Bro I get it, I do. Kids are great, etc.

I just don't care. Now if you could kindly get your kid to STFU in public restaurants, that would be great.

i always thought baby goats were super cute, but maybe thats just me

probably because kids are a lot of work and are frequently a pain in the ass

but i have talked to enough people who said they never wanted kids, but now that they have one, they are happier than theyve ever been and their kid was the best thing thats every happened to them...

when enough people that i trust tell me that, i believe them. having kids is probably great

ive pondered over this a lot. i think there probably are lots of people who's lives are truly enhanced by having kids. but....i also bet there are plenty who lie even to themselves when asked that question. research has shown that at least in the first couple of years, parents experience much more of the negative indicators of unhappiness than non-parents. but that was shown only with newborns/toddlers and such, which isnt that surprising.

Bro I get it, I do. Kids are great, etc.

I just don't care. Now if you could kindly get your kid to STFU in public restaurants, that would be great.
Nope. Suck it up Buttercup

Nope. Suck it up Buttercup
Lol so you think everyone has to suffer and listen to unruly kids just because you think they're precious angels? The world does not revolve around your stupid ugly family.

If you can't have a quiet night out at a restaurant, then no one can. Got it.

Lol so you think everyone has to suffer and listen to unruly kids just because you think they're precious angels? The world does not revolve around your stupid ugly family.

Do you enjoy living in society , man ? Interacting socially like this , commerce , hanging out with friends, meeting girls to have sex with ect ect? I'm gonna assume you do , so really " sucking it up " is the only reasonable thing to do. Being a child is a completely mandatory / involuntary and temporary PHASE( I highlight that word because everyone wants to pretend like they are some alien class) that everyone has to pass through. Society doesn't work without kids , how rational is it to expect them to stay out of your sight until they are useful to you? You'd probably feel a little weird about expressing similar vitriol about the mentally handicapped or the elderly , no?

That said , I'm all for keeping your young kids at home if they haven't got the self control to be quiet yet , I won't even attempt it right now excepting maybe MAYBE a lunch trip to chic fil a ....maybe. Than again they have a fucking play ground inside of the building , so if you go there looking for quiet that's on you. " Stupid ugly family " ? ......sheesh man.

ive pondered over this a lot. i think there probably are lots of people who's lives are truly enhanced by having kids. but....i also bet there are plenty who lie even to themselves when asked that question. research has shown that at least in the first couple of years, parents experience much more of the negative indicators of unhappiness than non-parents. but that was shown only with newborns/toddlers and such, which isnt that surprising.

I was 36 when my son was born. I can't imagine someone half my age coping at all well.

Why so angry?

I was 36 when my son was born. I can't imagine someone half my age coping at all well.

yea i think about that a lot. my job is pretty demanding, and i have 0 kids. ive asked one of my coworkers how he makes it with a couple kids. his response was, "you just find a way." sounded very defeated to me, but at the same time he seems very happy with his kids. strange paradox.

Why so angry?
I'm not angry, I just find it laughable at how arrogant the pro-kids people can be. It's none of their goddamn business how other people choose to live, and it's also not a guarantee their kids are going to look after them when they're old (one of their favorite arguments).

My biological mom for example is a violent alcoholic who said she regrets having me. Why would I help this kind of person out?

Do you enjoy living in society , man ? Interacting socially like this , commerce , hanging out with friends, meeting girls to have sex with ect ect? I'm gonna assume you do , so really " sucking it up " is the only reasonable thing to do. Being a child is a completely mandatory / involuntary and temporary PHASE( I highlight that word because everyone wants to pretend like they are some alien class) that everyone has to pass through. Society doesn't work without kids , how rational is it to expect them to stay out of your sight until they are useful to you? You'd probably feel a little weird about expressing similar vitriol about the mentally handicapped or the elderly , no?

That said , I'm all for keeping your young kids at home if they haven't got the self control to be quiet yet , I won't even attempt it right now excepting maybe MAYBE a lunch trip to chic fil a ....maybe. Than again they have a fucking play ground inside of the building , so if you go there looking for quiet that's on you. " Stupid ugly family " ? ......sheesh man.
No, I do not enjoy living in society. I find it repulsive how we have advertisements shoved down out throats 24/7, this gender bending shit has gone full retard in the last year or two, you read the news and it's atrocity after atrocity, people like Omar Khadar get 10.5 million dollars despite throwing a grenade at a US soldier and killing him, etc.

And it should go without saying I'm not talking total peace and quiet, obviously that's impossible in a public setting. And yes I try to avoid places where children are present. But letting your kid have a meltdown in a public setting and you insist on keeping him there instead of dragging his ass outside to calm them down is just pathetic.

Same with bringing a fucking baby to a late movie, and just letting it cry. Fuck their stupid ugly family too.

I love kids. One of my girlfriends had her 2 year old nephew in a crib at my place all the time and it can be extremely difficult getting up all hours of the night, but when I helped that kid take his first steps it was an indescribable feeling.

Another ex had teenage kids, and teaching them to drive was nerve wracking, but so rewarding. Going to their parent teacher conferences and recitals (when neither of their actual parents could/would make it) and teaching them about shit overall was just fun, I can't explain. Hell, even bringing down the hammer when they fuck up is an interesting experience even if it's not fun.

And people can rip on me all they want about raising another woman's kids. I'm proud of the influence I had. It's true that your life revolves around them but it's just surreal when they come to you for answers. I really hope to have one of my own.

Last edited:
I'm not angry, I just find it laughable at how arrogant the pro-kids people can be. It's none of their goddamn business how other people choose to live, and it's also not a guarantee their kids are going to look after them when they're old (one of their favorite arguments).

My biological mom for example is a violent alcoholic who said she regrets having me. Why would I help this kind of person out?

No, I do not enjoy living in society. I find it repulsive how we have advertisements shoved down out throats 24/7, this gender bending shit has gone full retard in the last year or two, you read the news and it's atrocity after atrocity, people like Omar Khadar get 10.5 million dollars despite throwing a grenade at a US soldier and killing him, etc.

And it should go without saying I'm not talking total peace and quiet, obviously that's impossible in a public setting. And yes I try to avoid places where children are present. But letting your kid have a meltdown in a public setting and you insist on keeping him there instead of dragging his ass outside to calm them down is just pathetic.

Same with bringing a fucking baby to a late movie, and just letting it cry. Fuck their stupid ugly family too.

I hear you. I understand why some don't want to have kids. I have a toddler and we're sleep deprived. Pretty much all of our free time goes to taking care of him so that means no more movie/date nights, hanging out with friends for dinner. I take my kid out to restaurants but if he cries, I'll take him out and try to calm him down. Sometimes it's hard though as they'll mood will change from one moment to the next. Everyone has opinion on kids but for me it's very rewarding. When he wakes up and smiles at me or when we play in the park - it's pretty great.

In bigger picture - do we want a society like Japan where they don't want kids? I think they're all about work and enjoying themselves. But is that good for the long term?

I never really wanted kids but now watching my boys play I can't imagine life without them.
My son Oskar loves rugby and it is amazing watching him play he is so much more talented than I was.

I hear you. I understand why some don't want to have kids. I have a toddler and we're sleep deprived. Pretty much all of our free time goes to taking care of him so that means no more movie/date nights, hanging out with friends for dinner. I take my kid out to restaurants but if he cries, I'll take him out and try to calm him down. Sometimes it's hard though as they'll mood will change from one moment to the next. Everyone has opinion on kids but for me it's very rewarding. When he wakes up and smiles at me or when we play in the park - it's pretty great.

In bigger picture - do we want a society like Japan where they don't want kids? I think they're all about work and enjoying themselves. But is that good for the long term?
tenor.gif

You get it bro.

As far as the Japan situation, yeah that's definitely not a good plan for the long term, but honestly I do take comfort in the fact that I'll probably be dead in 50 years lol.

TBH I think Japan has it right. What's the point of trying to keep your culture alive when you'll already be dead? They work, succeed, enjoy their lives without children and die. Sounds good to me. I don't care what happens to my ethnicity several hundreds of years later just because they decide to stop procreating. I think the whole concept of keeping your own alive and strong by numbers is purely driven by ego and narcissism in my opinion. Now if people want children deep in their heart and aren't having them, that's a different issue. But I think they're just starting to realize, what's the point? We're a highly emotionally and mentally evolved species who have a million things on our plate so we can't just focus on eating, mating and raising children like other species. We have a million other factors that won't allow us to enjoy such a process. Have at it, Japan! You're doing great!

No, you just don't know how analogies work. I must say, I'm shocked that someone of your vast intellect doesn't understand which subject in an analogy is actually the analogous one, and which is simply there to serve the analogy. Shocked I tell you.

Not as shocked as I am, trust me. Offering strong opinions about subjects you know nothing about is the hallmark of a hubristic idiot. The subject of your analogous sentence was dog shit. I think someone needs a basic diction class. Vast intellect not required.

Angry virgins checked in already? Dont be angry at children because you had shitty parents, its not the kids fault.

Yes but celibate fury is almost on par with retard strength.

If the Kids are fat then they are not great.

I respect everyone's decision whether to have kids or not. I know people that haven't had kids for all reasons. Some physically cannot, and others quite simply never found a reasonable mate for whatever reason (and I have seen the people they dated, I don't blame them). I have 2 myself and they are great, but I easily could be childless under different circumstances.

With that said, almost much every argument for choosing not to have kids under any circumstances, from people in my generation (and the one after) always seems to boil down to, "It is too hard". That is the main theme I see from the anti-offspring arguments in this thread too. I just feel like that is a decently accurate theme for my generation. "Do I get a reward?" Yes. "Is it great?" Yes. "Will it be easy?" Well....no, it requires a bit of an investment and hard work, but overall it is almost always worth it. "Hard work? That sounds like it sucks! Fuck that! Why would anyone do something that is hard?!".

Last edited:
Back