Are Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor Hall of Famers

Taylor did embarrass overrated Froch until a lucky blow ended his night. Pavlik was on the way but got extremely greedy extremely early and deserves nothing.

Pavlik, Taylor and Froch have no place in any HOF ever

just champions who won a few fights against guys

In terms of HoF consideration, the wins need to be contextualized. They're the only wins that have any chance of getting him in. Spinks, (a WW who gets KO'd by Zab Judah) who isn't a notable win at MW, and Marquez, weren't close to good MWs, let alone great MWs. His win over Ouma meant more than both of those wins. His two very controversial wins over a 39 year old Hopkins are his only way in.

He has no chance and he's not remotely deserving.

Hopkins had most of his best wins past 40 so using the fact that Hopkins was 39 to discredit Taylor's wins doesn't make sense.

Explain why you think Sergio before Taylor. I respect your opinion, but to me I would put Taylor before Sergio. Sergio spent his career defending his belt against the likes of Matthew Macklin and Martin Murray. And he had tough fights with those two. I get the paul williams ko was nice but its Paul Williams ya know? He did have a longer reign than Taylor but ill take quality over quantity

Taylor has wins over B-Hop an atg fighter. Sergio doesn't
Taylor draw with another atg in a prime Winky is impressive imo
Taylors win over Spinks is underated
Taylor also was deranged and still came back and beat Sam Soliman. Seriously he looks homicidal in this pic at the weigh ins and still won
712.jpg

He also has ok wins against Raul Marquez, Kassim Ouma and an old Jeff Lacy and William Joppy.

There are recent inductees into the hall like Gushiken, Mancini, Palomino and Gatti who dont have that kind of resume
it's a fair question and truthfully, I think Sergio and Taylor are on the same level. I'll start with this: dominance: Sergio faced worse competition (though I do think some of the guys he faced were underrated), but he was more dominant. He was stopping and dominating guys, whereas Taylor was squeaking out decisions 2. The weight jump: Everybody has to remember that Sergio was a mid sized 154er and went up to dominate 160. 3. Sergio handled the end of his career much better. Taylor kept fighting, and even though he got an IBF belt against Soliman, most people just remember his post Pavlik career as him getting KOd by AA and Froch. Sergio retired after his loss to Cotto.

Pavlik, Taylor and Froch have no place in any HOF ever

just champions who won a few fights against guys

the other two are fine, but Froch? Froch is definitely HOF worthy

Taylor did embarrass overrated Froch until a lucky blow ended his night. Pavlik was on the way but got extremely greedy extremely early and deserves nothing.

That's an exaggeration.... Froch started winning rounds later in the fight. The thought that he only did good in the last round is wrong.

Back