Are Friends Over-rated?

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I remember meeting some friends about a month ago, I asked them for some advice regarding a situation I was in at the time and by the end of it all, I felt ridiculed and just not good ... And none the wiser as to what to do ...

I met with some old friends last night, I felt bored and couldn't wait to get home and clean my room, read some books.

Despite this, I find that I don't feel lonely because I'm working towards my life goals. My goals excite me and I'm really working on them everyday.

I find friends to be a bit of a distraction. They are cool and ok to hang with occasionally, but now when I have dilemmas I talk to family members who never ridicule me and would actually listen to me, offer council and support me no matter what.

I don't know, sometimes I think maintaining some friendships is a waste of time/money/energy.

I feel like I'm making better life decisions everyday and becoming a man that I admire and that's more important that "cheap pleasures".

Wow, we finally have a poster come right out and make a "I'm a loser, I have no friends and I hope you guys can validate my friendless life" thread.

Amazing.

Are you talking about real friends or are you talking about fake friends

Real friends will stick by you no matter what and always look to help you out

Fake friends only hang out when you have money or drugs

Ts must have got "ghosted" again at his friends meet up. <{MingNope}>

Wow, we finally have a poster come right out and make a "I'm a loser, I have no friends and I hope you guys can validate my friendless life" thread.

Amazing.

You sound like a serial killer.

Think these guys are possibly OP's real friends that he's referring to.

With that said seems like your friends probably aren't really your friends. Don't have to tell them off but nothing wrong with cutting the strings my friend. Best of luck

Nope, love my buds. I do agree though, there are "relationships" we have that are nothing but wasteful. As we get older, bullshit "friends" get left behind. I consider this normal.

BTW as you grow older you'll notice your circle of close friends will grow smaller and smaller.

There's a very small group of people I go to for advice.

Also, cliffs for anyone who doesn't want to read that:

279.jpg

Good friends are very valuable. You have shitty friends, or if this is the case will all your friends, you might be the shitty friend.

I wouldn't know if friends are overrated, I don't have any. I also hate my family.

put yourself before anybody and if they piss you u off don't hang out with them. if you "doubt" your friends, they're not really friends.

No idea how people have time for more than just a couple of REAL friends. Time simply does not allow it.

Amazing.

And you managed to one up him by being even more pathetic and picking on some kid on a message board. Congrats.

You're just terrible at picking your friends.

And you managed to one up him by being even more pathetic and picking on some kid on a message board. Congrats.
And you one-up us both being triggered by a post even the TS liked.

{<jordan}

Just have made the right friends but yes friends are mostly only good for favors but it goes both ways

No idea how people have time for more than just a couple of REAL friends. Time simply does not allow it.

This. As you get older with a wife, kids, career, hobbies, etc., friends typically go on the back burner. I value my alone time more than anything now. It's great to have chunks of the day without obligations.

And you one-up us both being triggered by a post even the TS liked. How's life being frustrated for other random people?

Im not frustrated. I see you talking down to people a lot. Youre a bitch and a bully, and I dont like you.

I think having alot of friends is over-rated.

In my experience youre only ever going to have a handful of real friends, everyone else can go to hell.

Back