Are Fake News and economic inequality going to screw the world?

none of its going to matter when climate change kicks into second gear, then it will be wars for resources and land, you may as well kick back and crack open a beer

All hail the V-8!

Fake news is The Onion... So no The Onion is not going to destroy the world.

CNN is just news that Trump and his sheep don't like.
Fox is insanely biased news but news nontheless.

All news is news just slanted news. Fake news is The Onion

we have income inequality because people are not equal

I mean people are angry nowadays, they are angry in every single country in the world.

But the way social media works, people's anger is being easily manipulated into whatever any actor wishes to.

Here in Mexico we chose a leftist leader and gave him supermajority in every aspect, the good thing is that said leftist leader is doubling down on establishing a new republic based on the values of XIX century liberalism, so we can breathe relief.

But his party is filled with communists and he could easily end up being one, so what do you do in these instances? Ortega seems determined to stay in power, Venezuela is a shithole, Evo wants to become a dictator, Europe is in political crisis.

China extends its tentacles all over Asia and Africa propping up dictators, and the more people get fucked over the angrier they are and the more vulnerable to fake news they are. People i consider educated spew such non-sense and such levels of fake news and dellusions that im afraid for the future.

/rant off

So what are your predictions for the future? liberal democracies take over an increasingly technological world, or authoritarian dystopias take over?

WWIII

What happens after?

Depends on who wins, and how much of the world is left.

How many of these "independent third parties" exist within the United States and what makes them independent of the major sources of news?

It doesnt has to be a news media to confirm, i mean if i said i slept with Scarlett Johansson would you believe me?

Why is an independent central bank a better solution?

Because it guarantees liquidity in the market? because its far better to have a solid institution to borrow money in your own country's currency than borrowing in foreing currency which you cant control?

It doesnt has to be a news media to confirm, i mean if i said i slept with Scarlett Johansson would you believe me?

Reputable evidence and cross examination of witnesses is required.

no, she was with me the whole time

Reputable evidence and cross examination of witnesses is required.

Yes, of course, but when the volume of BS along with likes, shares and retweets generate a perception that a lie can be a truth or that something needs to be done about something.

Im seeing a bombardment in my facebook that the Mexican SCOTUS is corrupt and needs to go and we know where it is coming from, they want to generate a general mood that if there was a need to purge it, people will actually cheer about it.

What is the difference between fake news and real news?

Idiot Trumpublicans are trying to conflate journalistic human error, followed by public correction (a dynamic that has existed within the free press from the founding of the nation) with the knowing creation and dissemination of false propaganda pieces.

It's all part of the strategy to create a social environment in which it becomes extremely difficult if not impossible for their opponents to disprove objective falsehoods.

I'll catch you in a different thread on a different day about this one.

What are the advantages of NOT having an independent central bank? even if it is 100% useless it still generates profit in the end.

What are the advantages of NOT having an independent central bank? even if it is 100% useless it still generates profit in the end.
Profit for who though?

The 1% OF the 1%?

Yeah, fuck that shit... people like the Rothschilds and Soros shouldn't be billionaire/trillionaires for... well, how did they get rich?

Idiot Trumpublicans are trying to conflate journalistic human error, followed by public correction (a dynamic that has existed within the free press from the founding of the nation) with the knowing creation and dissemination of false propaganda pieces.

It's all part of the strategy to create a social environment in which it becomes extremely difficult if not impossible for their opponents to disprove objective falsehoods.

Agreed. Not all sources have equal value, but sources are being picked only if they represent powerful group narratives instead of Truth.

Fake news is The Onion... So no The Onion is not going to destroy the world.

CNN is just news that Trump and his sheep don't like.
Fox is insanely biased news but news nontheless.

All news is news just slanted news. Fake news is The Onion
CNN lies far more than any other news source.

Profit for who though?

The 1% OF the 1%?

Yeah, fuck that shit... people like the Rothschilds and Soros shouldn't be billionaire/trillionaires for... well, how did they get rich?

Central Banks profits go to the government's treasury.

So profits to "We the People".

Central Banks profits go to the government's treasury.

So profits to "We the People".
Calling bullshit on the profits helping “We the People” in anyway

EDIT:
In reality at least. On paper it's supposed to but in reality it goes to politicians buying more cufflinks that cost more than my entire suit.

Last edited:
So what are your predictions for the future? liberal democracies take over an increasingly technological world, or authoritarian dystopias take over?
Bit of both. Depends on the country, the time and the situation. For all we know, in 100 years America could be a communist dystopia and the Middle East could be full of liberal democracies. History is full of surprises.

Calling bullshit on the profits helping “We the People” in anyway

EDIT:

In reality at least. On paper it's supposed to but in reality it goes to politicians buying more cufflinks that cost more than my entire suit.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...o-treasury-fall-to-80-2-billion-idUSKBN1EZ228

On paper its the same as in reality, the Fed generates profit and transfers it to "We the People" AKA the US government's Department of Treasury.

As to whether government has the best interests of the population in mind, thats another point entirely, the Fed didnt voted Donald Trump or Mitch McConnell into power. If you are getting rammed in the ass is because you keep voting people whose campaign promises are just that.

Back