Are Eddie Bravo's wacky ideas going to hurt his brand?

I never questioned Eddie's technical skill ever, in any of my posts have I questioned his technical skill. You are confusing the subject matter and trying to create a red herring.

No I'm not, look at the other poster I'm responding too. He's skeptical of Eddie Bravo's techniques based on his conspiracy views. That's what my point pertains too and the argument I'm making is opposed to this. I never questioned anything you said about Bravo's views and where you should send your kids.

You quoted me, I didn't address anything at you, so get out of here with the red herring bullshit.

No I'm not, look at the other poster I'm responding too. He's skeptical of Eddie Bravo's techniques based on his conspiracy views. That's what my point pertains too and the argument I'm making is opposed to this.

Again, I really don't care about Eddie's conspiracy views. It's his thought process I'm now wary of.

No I'm not, look at the other poster I'm responding too. He's skeptical of Eddie Bravo's techniques based on his conspiracy views. That's what my point pertains too and the argument I'm making is opposed to this. I never questioned anything you said about Bravo's views and where you should send your kids.

You quoted me, I didn't address anything at you, so get out of here with the red herring bullshit.
Look I like Eddie Bravo. I think he a pioneer and legend in the sport. I am just truly curious if this
Again, I really don't care about Eddie's conspiracy views. It's his thought process I'm now wary of.
Look at post #59. You definitely addressed me.

Like I said. I have watched Eddie teach his class. For what I see he genuinely cares about the subject matter and his students. He was very coherent and gave little caveats to why techniques work the way they work and how he learned them. I respect him but the conspiracy theories need to stop. It makes him sound crazy.

The skepticism over Bravo's techniques, and his views affecting his brand are two different subjects and two valid arguments.

First and foremost @Dogstarman was the thread starter and his question was not about how valid Bravo's ability is, I think we all agree that Bravo is a very skilled, and creative Jiu Jitsu man. @Dogstarman, was asking our opinion if Bravo's actions would effect people deciding whether or not they would join 10th planet due to his bizarre beliefs in conspiracy theories. He was asking our opinion, my opinion is Yes, but maybe I am wrong. However it was an innocent question, and in no way was he disrespecting Bravo's Jiu jitsu ability.

Regarding the other poster questioning his techniques, I think he has a point as well. 10th planet is a system that is highly based on flexibility, guys like myself, and Dogstarman who are older and do not have the flexibility to do many of Bravo's techniques, and it is highly unlikely that at our age we will be able to gain that type of flexibility back, in fact I don't think I had it when I was younger. What @Edison Carasio was trying to say was 10th planet is a system based on the attribute of flexibility, this is no different than a form of grappling that was based on strength and power. The mantra of Jiu Jitsu is technique over strength, so a weaker person can overtake a stronger person. To me flexibility and strength are very similar, so for a nonflexible person I agree with @Edison Carasio, 10th planet is not a good system for us.

Last edited:
@Dogstarman -

I'd give it up. You are simply asking if Eddie's theories are possibly turning people off. I am simply saying that I think his thought process is super flawed and I'm now a lot less inclined to take his word at face value even as it pertains to BJJ (so in my mind, yes, his brand has taken a negative hit in my eyes).

Meanwhile, Canelo sees -

"I think Eddie Bravo came up with RG because flat earth and now everything in 10p is BS!"

He doesn't understand what either of us is saying and seems to struggle to separate Eddie's beliefs from the thought process that generated them.

Last edited:
The skepticism over Bravo's techniques, and his views affecting his brand are two different subjects and two valid arguments.

First and foremost @Dogstarman was the thread starter and his question was not about how valid Bravo's ability is, I think we all agree that Bravo is a very skilled, and creative Jiu Jitsu man. @Dogstarman, was asking our opinion if Bravo's actions would effect people deciding whether or not they would join 10th planet due to his bizarre beliefs in conspiracy theories. He was asking our opinion, my opinion is Yes, but maybe I am wrong. However it was an innocent question, and in no way was he disrespecting Bravo's Jiu jitsu ability.

Regarding the other poster questioning his techniques, I think he has a point as well. 10th planet is a system that is highly based on flexibility, guys like myself, and Dogstarman who are older and do not have the flexibility to do many of Bravo's techniques, and it is highly unlikely that at our age we will be able to gain that type of flexibility back, in fact I don't think I had it when I was younger. What @Edison Carasio was trying to say was 10th planet is a system based on the attribute of flexibility, this is no different than a form of grappling that was based on strength and power. The mantra of Jiu Jitsu is technique over strength, so a weaker person can overtake a stronger person. To me flexibility and strength are very similar, so for a nonflexible person I agree with @Edison Carasio, 10th planet is not a good system for us.

And I'm not saying it's "based" around flexibility. The guts I know know fundamental bjj. But everyone I drop in or see them compete it's a game that revolves around it. Its a habit these guys picked up some how. No different than catch guys who use strength and muscle through everything.

But if I'm mistaken or misinformed is love a 10p guy to explain what I'm missing. That's how we share ideas if our various systems and games

And I'm not saying it's "based" around flexibility. The guts I know know fundamental bjj. But everyone I drop in or see them compete it's a game that revolves around it. Its a habit these guys picked up some how. No different than catch guys who use strength and muscle through everything.

But if I'm mistaken or misinformed is love a 10p guy to explain what I'm missing. That's how we share ideas if our various systems and games

I agree with what you are saying on the basics, I also think we are in agreement, though I am not sure, that many of Bravo's signature moves like the "rubber guard", and the "double bagger" can not be done unless you are very flexible.

I agree with what you are saying on the basics, I also think we are in agreement, though I am not sure, that many of Bravo's signature moves like the "rubber guard", and the "double bagger" can not be done unless you are very flexible.

Yeah we're on same page. I'm just splitting hairs over phrasing since things online can come across ambiguously.

He wrote a book? ?? Wow I guess anyone can write a book now a days
That's got nothing to do with the quality and effectiveness of his BJJ work. If you don't want your kids hanging out at a 10th planet then don't send them to a 10th planet.

I'm laughing at the idea of Eddie's conspiracy mindset leading to techniques people should be skeptical about.

You are missing the question.

Is ED is self destroying his Bjj legacy with his controversial conspiracy theory? No one is judging his techniques.

Is ED is self destroying his Bjj legacy with his controversial conspiracy theory? No one is judging his techniques.

He won't be remembered as the innovator but more the conspiracy theorist.

1407840308022.png

I believe I'm on the record of saying I believe it does hurt his brand
If I was paying this guy to smoke weed and talk about crazy ideas I would think twice about how I'm spending my money.
Any service I choose who gets my money, barbershop, auto mechanic, restaurant, and it does not exclude jiu jitsu schools. If it was for my kids it would even more want me to keep them away

Pro: 10P warmup system. Presenting fundamental techniques in chains is a great way to disguise repetition. I don't agree with some of the techniques in their system, but I fully support the concept.

Anti: Anyone who makes grandiose statements with little or no rationality, particularly when in a leadership position. There's a difference between keeping it real and being a loon. I had a friend lose conservative students during the election not because of his politics, but because of the venom with which he discussed them on social media. Act right, y'all.

Conclusion: Would not smoke with Bravo, but would with Diaz Bros.

Wacky ideas are Eddie's brand. It's been that way as long as he's been around.

10th Planet is named after a conspiracy theory that claims there is a secret planet in the solar system that will collide with Earth soon and cause a disaster. NASA is covering all of this up, of course.

It's been this way at least 15 years. I assume most of his guys have just made peace with it.

would burn with him, just to let him know how stupid his theories are....straight up stupid

edit: 10 planet is legit, rolled with a lot of bad mofos over the years from there...but seriously eddie??!! How dumb do you have to be to start believing this shit

Right.

The first paragraph you posted is irrelevant, I didn't involve my self in that discussion. I made a statement linked to the threat title and then the poster in question quoted me and disagreed with an argument I never made. I didn't say he was questioning Bravo's abilities, I didn't say anything to him other than a response telling him I wasn't talking to him. Read the thread back properly and you will see.

You say the poster has a point regarding the techniques then go on to say 10th planet is reliant on flexibility, I'm not sure what a system based on flexibility has to do with conspiracy reasons. Like you said, plenty of BJJ schools follow a different style. 10th planet being based on flexibility has nothing to do with with Eddie's crazy mind and even if it was, it's a legitimate style, it's not like it's something outside of the box. If that style doesn't suit you then don't go there, but that wasn't the argument I responded to.

I disagreed with the statement that Eddie's views on conspiracy should make someone skeptical about his BJJ technique. As I said, if you genuinely believe that, look up his stuff and find something that you believe is just a produce of crazy conspiracy nonsense, or any party of his game that has been effected by his recent view that the earth might not be round. Don't just presume something you can easily test for your self. There's no examples of arguments that can be made to suggest this has happened, the system being based on flexibility is certainly not one of them.

Right.

The first paragraph you posted is irrelevant, I didn't involve my self in that discussion. I made a statement linked to the threat title and then the poster in question quoted me and disagreed with an argument I never made. I didn't say he was questioning Bravo's abilities, I didn't say anything to him other than a response telling him I wasn't talking to him. Read the thread back properly and you will see.

You say the poster has a point regarding the techniques then go on to say 10th planet is reliant on flexibility, I'm not sure what a system based on flexibility has to do with conspiracy reasons. Like you said, plenty of BJJ schools follow a different style. 10th planet being based on flexibility has nothing to do with with Eddie's crazy mind and even if it was, it's a legitimate style, it's not like it's something outside of the box. If that style doesn't suit you then don't go there, but that wasn't the argument I responded to.

I disagreed with the statement that Eddie's views on conspiracy should make someone skeptical about his BJJ technique. As I said, if you genuinely believe that, look up his stuff and find something that you believe is just a produce of crazy conspiracy nonsense, or any party of his game that has been effected by his recent view that the earth might not be round. Don't just presume something you can easily test for your self. There's no examples of arguments that can be made to suggest this has happened, the system being based on flexibility is certainly not one of them.

Do you have Asperger's Disease? Because your thoughts and assumptions are all over the place. I can't even follow your thought process, there isn't a single post by anybody on this thread claiming that Bravo's beliefs have anything to do with his techniques, I don't even know how you made this assumption.

Do you have Asperger's Disease? Because your thoughts and assumptions are all over the place. I can't even follow your thought process, there isn't a single post by anybody on this thread claiming that Bravo's beliefs have anything to do with his techniques, I don't even know how you made this assumption.

Why are you telling tellies lies, are you doing it on purpose or is there something genuinely wrong?

Please read the following two excerpts:

I just have to wonder how much of his actual 10p system is based on things like "We do this because I've never seen someone not do it", etc etc. Watching more footage of 10p folks in action has been on my list for a while now (I've seen Geo plenty of times but he's an outlier in the 10p org.), but at this point I wonder how much of a waste of time that would be.

So here's one guy saying he is now wondering how much of 10th planet is legit after hearing Eddie's recent views. Sounds like someone associating Bravo's beliefs with his BJJ techniques. Isn't that something you said definitely didn't happen?

apparent lack of a proper thought process makes me a lot more skeptical of his BJJ instruction than I might otherwise have been.

Here's another statement talking about Eddie's 'lack of proper thought process' making people more skeptical about his BJJ instruction.

I mean, you say no one has said Bravo's beliefs have anything to do with his techniques, and I've just given you a quote that literally says exactly that.

I'll ask again, why are you making up lies?

Here's another statement talking about Eddie's 'lack of proper thought process' making people more skeptical about his BJJ instruction.

I mean, you say no one has said Bravo's beliefs have anything to do with his techniques, and I've just given you a quote that literally says exactly that.

Pssst .... canelo - That's NOT what that quote says ...

This quote
apparent lack of a proper thought process makes me a lot more skeptical of his BJJ instruction than I might otherwise have been.

This quote (and is was my quote) simply points out that Eddie apparently has a very blinkered and confused thought process that often follows no proper logic. This is from his many rants on JRE. It simply points out that because of that thought process (and note that the thought process is mentioned and NOT his beliefs) I would be slow to take anything he says at face value (including BJJ). That's all it says. It doesn't say "I think Eddie sucks", it doesn't say "10P is BS". It simply says, that I would apply more skepticism now than I would have in the past. It's also a perfectly reasonable healthy attitude to have ...

Not sure why that freaks you out so much.

Back