Are Eddie Bravo's wacky ideas going to hurt his brand?

Dogstarman

Old man jiu jitsu
@Silver
Reaction score
We all know Eddie's wacky ideas, flat earth moon landing hoax, and chemtrails, to name a few.

After he started his EBI I started to give him more respect. I knew he had these crazy ideas but I thought it he just stuck with his bjj then it really doesn't matter. Now he is spouting this shit more and more. I mean we have experts in the world for a reason. Eddie wouldn't defer to a whitbelt or some guy on the street to improve his leg lock game, why does he somehow think he is an expert level scientist from watching some stupid videos on youtube. I guess he doesn't realize it's the same thing or he thinks it's somehow different.

I really don't think Eddie Bravo is a stupid man. I like to think he has a big heart and sees all these problems and can't fathom how this shit happens without someone pulling the strings. Like the SandyLake elementary shooting. He claims it's a false flag or some shit. That is so disrespectful, but I like to think Eddie can't imagine children dying so horrifically, so he comes up with that bullshit false flag theory. I wish he would just stick to his jiu jitsu and hype up his EBI and 10th planet system instead of talking crazy shit. I mean I watched him teach and explain jiu jitsu. He speaks rational when he talks about that type of stuff. I don't know what to think.

So do you think this craziness is going to hurt his brand or do you think people who follow this sort of thing will help him grow his business.

lol Trump cant seem to hurt his brand by saying the most insane incoherent shit ever so I think Eddie and his posse of spandex queens will be fine

Bravo is probably bigger than ever. All women EBI will likely be the biggest yet and it will likely grow from that with Fight Pass money.

No I know guys at a 10p school and they are all on board. He's their leader and they are all like minded (I don't mean this as an insult).

Are you his wife?

I'm seriously curious about this.
Bravo is probably bigger than ever. All women EBI will likely be the biggest yet and it will likely grow from that with Fight Pass money.
Yeah that card looks like it will be good. I wish he would cool it with the crazy talk though.

No I know guys at a 10p school and they are all on board. He's their leader and they are all like minded (I don't mean this as an insult).

That actually makes me sad.

I'm seriously curious about this.

Yeah that card looks like it will be good. I wish he would cool it with the crazy talk though.

That actually makes me sad.

So they're all lacking intelligence?

Take it how you will. Just my personal experience, I don't speak for any other opinion than mine.

Edit
I'm not saying the 10p guys I know are flat earthers but they don't care that he is. And they don't seem to be jumping ship.

Take it how you will. Just my personal experience, I don't speak for any other opinion than mine.

Edit
I'm not saying the 10p guys I know are flat earthers but they don't care that he is.
Most of them probably don't share Eddie's ignorance, they probably just don't openly disagree.

Are you suggesting my question isn't serious? Again, are you his wife ?
No. I'm a middle aged slightly overweight Mexican dude that lives in Texas. I'm just curious about this craziness. These theories are ridiculous. He needs to stop listening to Alex jones.

Eddie Bravo was always a kind of controversial character since I started Bjj and first heard of him many years ago..the strong, unusual nogi preference with the renaming stuff while everybody was crazy for the gi.. the Royler ADCC tap.. accusations of promoting frauds.. his.. let's say notorious smoking habits and I probably forget a good deal of other stuff. I don't think this latest, open conspiracy theory style developments will change anything really.. it's just his character.. it's in his nature to strongly distinguish himself from the mass..

What I personally think? As far as 10th Planet doesn't become a cult (and I don't think it is) it's really just a jiu jitsu school, not a science course.. I've come to feel simpathy for his character and to respect his jiu jitsu, even if I certainly don't agree with his wacky, personal ideas about the world.. I think he'll just do fine as he always did..

No. I'm a middle aged slightly overweight Mexican dude that lives in Texas. I'm just curious about this craziness. These theories are ridiculous. He needs to stop listening to Alex jones.

Well if that is the case, then I don't see the need to obsess about it. That's almost as weird as Bravo himself.

Eddie doesn't believe Earth is round because he hasn't seen photo evidence. Yet he believes Earth is flat when there are zero photos of flat earth. Eddie also doesn't believe satellites are real because he hasn't seen photo evidence. Ironically satellites can be seen with his own two eyes lol

We all know Eddie's wacky ideas, flat earth moon landing hoax, and chemtrails, to name a few.

After he started his EBI I started to give him more respect. I knew he had these crazy ideas but I thought it he just stuck with his bjj then it really doesn't matter. Now he is spouting this shit more and more. I mean we have experts in the world for a reason. Eddie wouldn't defer to a whitbelt or some guy on the street to improve his leg lock game, why does he somehow think he is an expert level scientist from watching some stupid videos on youtube. I guess he doesn't realize it's the same thing or he thinks it's somehow different.

I really don't think Eddie Bravo is a stupid man. I like to think he has a big heart and sees all these problems and can't fathom how this shit happens without someone pulling the strings. Like the SandyLake elementary shooting. He claims it's a false flag or some shit. That is so disrespectful, but I like to think Eddie can't imagine children dying so horrifically, so he comes up with that bullshit false flag theory. I wish he would just stick to his jiu jitsu and hype up his EBI and 10th planet system instead of talking crazy shit. I mean I watched him teach and explain jiu jitsu. He speaks rational when he talks about that type of stuff. I don't know what to think.

So do you think this craziness is going to hurt his brand or do you think people who follow this sort of thing will help him grow his business.

I actually find his system interesting, but I can't bring myself to join a 10th planet school for the exact reasons you mentioned. I hate conspiracy theories, the conspiracy theories that you mentioned are not only offensive, but they are dangerous and they do not have a shred of evidence to support them. Sadly, there are many naïve followers in this world that will believe anything, and Bravo has a lot of followers. Bravo either has a mental illness, or he thinks he is being provocative, and pretends to believe and argue for these theories so he can sound like a critical thinker. Either way it is very irresponsible, he is not an investigative reporter so he should stick to talking about what he actually knows BJJ.

I actually find his system interesting, but I can't bring myself to join a 10th planet school for the exact reasons you mentioned. I hate conspiracy theories, the conspiracy theories that you mentioned are not only offensive, but they are dangerous and they do not have a shred of evidence to support them. Sadly, there are many naïve followers in this world that will believe anything, and Bravo has a lot of followers. Bravo either has a mental illness, or he thinks he is being provocative, and pretends to believe and argue for these theories so he can sound like a critical thinker. Either way it is very irresponsible, he is not an investigative reporter so he should stick to talking about what he actually knows BJJ.

I like the guys at the local 10p school and the instructor is a great guy, but culturally and stylistically they aren't for me.

I like the guys at the local 10p school and the instructor is a great guy, but culturally and stylistically they aren't for me.

Myself as well, I consider myself a libertarian so I could care less if someone wants to smoke marijuana, however I don't like the pot smoking culture, and the schools I have visited have it.

Before I get slammed, and this thread gets hijacked by people wanting to argue of the benefits of marijuana, I do not care if you smoke it, and I don't think of you as less of a person, it just isn't for me.

It's funny that you mentioned Alex Jones, because Jones is currently in a custody battle with his wife, and his wife is making a claim that she does not want Jones to see the Kids because he is mentally ill. Jones's defense is that he is playing a character, and he is a performance artist like Andy Kaufman. If this is truly the case, then even Jones doesn't believe his own bullshit. However it is still very irresponsible because there are many followers that believe him, and people have literally caused unrest, for example Pizzagate.

10P is making your academy a little less wackadoodle. It's a nutzo magnet. I'm glad it's there so conspiracy guys that want to truck all day and still can't hip escape have somewhere to go.

However, I do like the girls in full body yoga suits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back