Are Conor McGregor fanboys really that dumb enough to believe that he...

LatinTerminator480

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
has anywhere near remotely close to a chance of beating Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match?

Seriously. I've read a lot of laughable remarks on the internet regarding this whole fuss about McGregor vs Mayweather in a boxing and MMA match(Mayweather obviously would lose in an MMA match since he has no grappling or ground background). McGregor fanboys keep pointing out how he came from an amateur boxing background yet never bothers mentioning what his fight record was for that sport.

Do they really think McGregor who most likely had a short amateur boxing record, has a chance against a world class boxer who's an Olympic Medalist and a former multiple division boxing champion(winning a lineal championship a total of 5 times throughout 4 different weight classes of his pro boxing career)?

(Oh and I apologize for the clickbaity long thread title, couldn't think of a better way to condense it)

Last edited:
has anywhere near remotely close to a chance of beating Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match?

Seriously. I've read a lot of laughable remarks on the internet regarding this whole fuss about McGregor vs Mayweather in a boxing and MMA match(Mayweather obviously would lose in an MMA match since he has no grappling or ground background). McGregor fanboys keep pointing out how he came from an amateur boxing background yet never bothers mentioning what his fight record was for that sport.

Do they really think McGregor who most likely had a short amateur boxing record, has a chance against a world class boxer who's an Olympic Medalist and a former multiple division boxing champion(winning a lineal championship a total of 5 times throughout 4 different weight classes of his pro boxing career)?

(Oh and I apologize for the clickbaity long thread title, couldn't think of a better way to condense it)
Many mma fans = easy to manipulate

There condensed for you

Didn't read any of that but yes based on the title...

I don't think so. They may say it to wind people up but the don't really believe it

Not here, because we aren't casuals, but yes, knocking out Eddie Alvarez means you possess skills and power the likes of which Floyd has never seen

They say McGregor was national champ, he wasn't, he won some two bit junior tourny where he had to beat 2 people to win, McGregor wasn't some stud on the Irish amateur boxing scene, having said that Ireland has always had great boxing talent with a good amateur system so it's no disgrace, but he was no big shakes

Many mma fans = easy to manipulate

There condensed for you

Same goes for boxing fans who found ways to make themselves believe Mayweather would lose each of his last 5 fights and buy the Ppv to see him lose

Same goes for boxing fans who found ways to make themselves believe Mayweather would lose each of his last 5 fights and buy the Ppv to see him lose
More paid to see him win then lose

Seriously, I guarantee you that plenty of them are dumb enough. I have acquaintances my age (around 40) who consider themselves "UFC fans" but still manage to start discussions over how Bruce Lee or - wait for it - Jean Claude Van Damme would have done if they were around today. Having imbeciles like that come over to talk to me about any this stuff can be an absolute fucking nightmare sometimes, partly because I have to try and remain polite about the fact that they are making me want to shoot myself.

Floyd could probably win punch with only one hand.

Actually, much dumber

I hope ur not referring to that 1 time they believed Ronda would win in a fight against Floyd

Because Ronda would stand a great chance of knocking this dude out

Remember what Paulie said? "I think the ignorant opinions are what make the fight game so interesting—you’ll generate buys, you’ll generate hype, you’ll generate an incredible difference of opinion in debates."

The fight will generate money. At the end of the day some delusional people think Conor has a chance and they'll pay for the fight.

BTW I was looking around to find the odds and Conor is an 11-1 underdog.

I really don't think anyone believes it will be all that competitive. It's the spectacle of it that makes us all want to see it.

The boxing community has to look in the mirror & realize that it was Floyd who started calling for this fight. Now it's Floyd running around ESPN telling them it's the only fight he wants.

Like any sensible man, Conor's going along with it for the pay day. They'll both clear 9 figures when it's all said & done.

Back