Are Conor McGregor and Jon Jones allowed to fight outside the UFC (Outside USA)?

I'm not in the mood. Think about it. What could the ufc do to someone who has nothing to do with the US ever again?

Both of them can do as they please. There would be consequences. If they haven't broken the contract it's because they don't think it is worth it to deal with those consequences.

There is no "can't" here. There is "won't "

The reason Crocop fought is because he wasn't signed to the UFC and in Japan the Usada has neither the clout nor the black bags to stop it.

If Conoré de Balzack thinks he can make the money he's worth, hire the lawyer to deal with it.

It's simple, Conor knows he cant so he just sits at home , raising his child and posts on twitter.

Jon Jones has no ground either, cause he is suspended for the peds.

But here's the thing though, does anyone really consider McGegard an apocolyptic enabler or is his Sherdog warrior mistique just raising his stock in the eyes of superior opponents and upper level management

i'm not referring to whether you the sherdog poster buys into it offcourse, it's more in terms of his opponents and by upper level management i don't refer to dana, sean shelby or even any high level promoters, the sponsorships are what drive these fighters to sweat in those black bags they always wear in the sauna, no chance can dana make someone do that, we as human beings are driven by the desire for wealth, social acceptance, and once we hit our mid 30s our legacy (i'm not quite sure of McGegard's age). to me personally the latter would be meaningless as i do not buy into the afterlife aspect so who cares what people think after i'm gone but someone religious like fedor would for sure think otherwise which is why he trains so hard and i can't imaging anyone arguing the success of his labor, although i don't think sakara is anywhere near in the same boat

but lets stay on topic, what makes Big MacGregorius the threat that he is even though his skill set may be lightyears behind him

just to give you guys a quick example of what he has accomplished via his mystique when compared to what he has done in the octagon at least on the average of his occasions. makes it almost sad to see what the ufc hype machine is able to do to some but not to others who are perhaps more deserving due to their determination and work ethic and most importantly SKILL SET

The reason Crocop fought is because he wasn't signed to the UFC and in Japan the Usada has neither the clout nor the black bags to stop it.

If Conoré de Balzack thinks he can make the money he's worth, hire the lawyer to deal with it.

It's simple, Conor knows he cant so he just sits at home , raising his child and posts on twitter.

Jon Jones has no ground either, cause he is suspended for the peds.

But here's the thing though, does anyone really consider McGegard an apocolyptic enabler or is his Sherdog warrior mistique just raising his stock in the eyes of superior opponents and upper level management

i'm not referring to whether you the sherdog poster buys into it offcourse, it's more in terms of his opponents and by upper level management i don't refer to dana, sean shelby or even any high level promoters, the sponsorships are what drive these fighters to sweat in those black bags they always wear in the sauna, no chance can dana make someone do that, we as human beings are driven by the desire for wealth, social acceptance, and once we hit our mid 30s our legacy (i'm not quite sure of McGegard's age). to me personally the latter would be meaningless as i do not buy into the afterlife aspect so who cares what people think after i'm gone but someone religious like fedor would for sure think otherwise which is why he trains so hard and i can't imaging anyone arguing the success of his labor, although i don't think sakara is anywhere near in the same boat

but lets stay on topic, what makes Big MacGregorius the threat that he is even though his skill set may be lightyears behind him

just to give you guys a quick example of what he has accomplished via his mystique when compared to what he has done in the octagon at least on the average of his occasions. makes it almost sad to see what the ufc hype machine is able to do to some but not to others who are perhaps more deserving due to their determination and work ethic and most importantly SKILL SET
I never mentioned cro cop. Do you people even read the posts you respond to? I'm not reading the rest if you're going to respond to shit I didn't say

Are Conor McGregor and Jon Jones allowed to to fight outside UFC (outside USA)?

You know terminate their contracts with the UFC and fight elsewhere like in Asia or Russia?

They can't terminate the contract
But if someone was willing to pay either to fight in another country & say "fook the UFC", they will not be able to be on PPV in the states.
The companies will never get into that legal drama & more importantly piss off UFC.

Jones i dont think so considering his assets and all are in USA but Conor can easily fight in Russia the very next day and goodluck enforcing your contracts there.

I’m wondering what the UFC could really do to a fighter that lives in another country like Ireland or Brazil? Say Conor fought Floyd again in Ireland and didn’t pay the UFC any cut then what could they do?

Stateside the UFC could go after their US assests. They could also get an injunction against any US parties that would be involved in a contract-breaching act with the defendant (that would apply to Floyd in your example).

As for fighting that in court abroad, in some countries foreign contracts can be taken in consideration, but it's a long shot.

This old bullshit.

Conor and Jones are signed to long contracts setting out number of fights or length in years. THEY CANNOT TERMINATE THEM before term (unless they retire but they can't 'fake' retire). The UFC can terminate them basically at will.

(and yes, those contracts will hold up in court - look at the recent bullshit with gig workers/contractors/employees in front of the Supreme Court)

Jones and Conor can say fuck you to the UFC and go fight somewhere else like Brazil or Russia (Ireland is unlikely because the courts there are honest). They will then be in breach of contract and lose their assets in the US and possibly abroad (difficult but possible). They might get legally blocked but that's difficult again (unless it's Ireland or other EU country).

We've done this with Couture and Wanderlei vs the UFC. Also Rampage got fucked by Bellator for trying to get out of his contract despite having the full power of more expensive UFC lawyers vs Bellator.

Palhares will never fight in the US again for ignoring his US ban by going abroad, there might be more examples.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/rous...pension-and-wsof-by-signing-to-fight-in-italy

The UFC WILL DEFINITELY NOT BOOK A FIGHT FOR A FIGHTER SUSPENDED BY USADA OR AN AC ABROAD - because they would be fucked in the US.

Last edited:
Stateside the UFC could go after their US assests. They could also get an injunction against any US parties that would be involved in a contract-breaching act with the defendants (that would apply to Floyd in your example).

As for fighting that in court abroad, in some countries foreign contracts can be taken in consideration, but it's a long shot.

Almost all real countries are in regimes which requires you to respect domestic contracts but enforcement is a bitch. Like don't fuck with an US contract in the EU or Japan. Now Russia & Iran doesn't give a fuck except when expedient. Expensive and takes a fuck load of time even when effective. Don't expect to see Conor fighting in Ireland or the UK if he gives the fingerto the US.

it all falls back to he under contract with the ufc.
Check the thread title, it says outside of USA. The UFC can't go after someone for breach of contract in Russia unless the contract was signed under Russian laws. Same as every other country in the world.

I have to check that.
But I can see its harder going after a fighter not based in the USA.

EDIT: "White was livid that Filipovic took the reported DREAM deal. As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported prior to UFC 99, according to White, he and Filipovic agreed to a rare one-fight deal with the understanding the deal would be extended to three fights after the Al Turk fight."

My understanding is based on this CC was NOT under contract.
Mirko left the ufc once before.

he fought Mizuno at Dream1 after he fought Kongo at ufc 75 . according to the following link it was a 6 fight deal. Mirko only fought three times during that stint and i personally dont remember CC being cut at the time.

https://www.mmamania.com/2007/01/02/mirko-cro-cop-talks-arlovski-ufc-contract-and-more

t's not going to happen soon — Arlovski recently knocked out Marcio "Pe de Pano" (2-2) Cruz at UFC 66 and Filipovic is fighting Eddie Sanchez (6-0) at UFC 67 on February 3 — but with a six-fight contract it is a lock to happen sometime in 2007 and probably again in 2008.

Last edited:
They probably could. Lots of parts of the extremely controlling UFC contracts won't be upheld by a court of law.

If the UFC can't offer them employment while another company in another country can those silly clauses will be laughed away in a court of law.

Yeah. That worked wonders for Randy Couture...oh wait?

Mirko was released following his losses to Gonzaga and Kongo (so he was 1-2 in the UFC and it looked he was done). Also an important part was how little of a draw Mirko was in the US (compared to say a Tito or Liddell)

you are right, should have done my research better. thanks for the info.

https://mmajunkie.com/2008/02/mirko-cro-cop-filipovic-leaves-ufc-signs-with-new-organization

Apparently, Filipovic was unwilling to do redo the deal, and the UFC opted to let him walk instead.

Check the thread title, it says outside of USA. The UFC can't go after someone for breach of contract in Russia unless the contract was signed under Russian laws. Same as every other country in the world.

that so not true.

Technically, UFC could let anyone suspended by USADA fight overseas in areas that don't have commissions or that don't recognize USADA.

That said, they wouldn't do it because it's a bad look and not only would USADA likely file a complaint, the government would probably get involved for shady practices.

ACs do not like it when people who are suspended circumvent their suspension by fighting elsewhere. No much they can do until the fighter applies for a license by them, then they have that fighter by the balls.

I remember someone posting an example of someone who was suspended for a couple years competing outside the US. After their suspension was supposed to be up, they applied for a license and the governing body took the stance that they never served their suspension, so the suspension basically re-started. Not sure if true or not, not even sure of the sport (could have even been auto racing for all I can remember) but I've always thought ACs could roll like that if they chose.

not true at all. ufc would block him from fighting mma or boxing any where. you do know ufc allowed conor to fight Floyd.

The UFC have no jurisdiction over seas, they can't do shit. American laws and contracts don't equate to world laws.

The UFC have no jurisdiction over seas, they can't do shit. American laws and contracts don't equate to world laws.

you better call conor cause maybe he doesn't know that.

if cro cop been under ufc contract he would of never been allowed to fight in japan.

don't you think if conor could do a fight he stand in Dublin and say im fighting for my country at that soccor stadium. that cause you know he cant.

— but with a six-fight contract

Those contracts are so lopsided it's hard to call them a 'contract' with a straight face. Basically it's a contract that the UFC can trash any time they please for whatever reason they please, while holding the fighter to it as strictly as they please.

Back