Are Conor McGregor and Jon Jones allowed to fight outside the UFC (Outside USA)?

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
Are Conor McGregor and Jon Jones allowed to to fight outside UFC (outside USA)?

You know terminate their contracts with the UFC and fight elsewhere like in Asia or Russia?

Last edited:
Just like what Vitaly Minakov did with Bellator.

Last edited:
I don't think terminating his contract is up to him.

And no, he can't legally fight for another company while still under contract.

That's gonna be a no.

Pretty sure Conner can fight outside of the UFC if they get paid too, and it means they csn prolong his hype.

Jones, nah, I don't think so. Pretty sure he can get sued unless he moves out of the country.

Jones would get destroyed because all of his assets are in the United States. As long as Conor never intends on fighting or coming back to the US he could do whatever he wants outside of it and the UFC can't do shit.

No. This is also why Conor appears to never get punished. The UFC have him by the nuts contractually and they would rather him rot away in a dark room forever than get to fight under this mcgregor promotions shit.

anybody can fight on a Battleship in the middle of the ocean.

They probably could. Lots of parts of the extremely controlling UFC contracts won't be upheld by a court of law.

If the UFC can't offer them employment while another company in another country can those silly clauses will be laughed away in a court of law.

Just like what Vitaly Minakov did with Bellator.

Well thats a tricky one and I think it depens on who you ask.
One thing is for sure he cant sign a contract with anybody else and figth in the US.

About his contract situation with Bellator I am not even sure he is under contract since it was a time limited contract and not number of fights.

If Conor and or JJ signed with another org its breech of contract.
Look how well it went for Randy when he tried to sign with another org.

They probably could. Lots of parts of the extremely controlling UFC contracts won't be upheld by a court of law.

If the UFC can't offer them employment while another company in another country can those silly clauses will be laughed away in a court of law.

Tell that to Randy.

Sure. If they don't want to get sued into an oblivion, I wouldn't recommend it lol

Tell that to Randy.
difference is Randy tried to compete in a promotion based in the states. Him living in the usa worked against him aswell.

Mirko was still under ufc contract when he left for Japan and competed in Dream. the ufc couldnt do anything about it.

Oscar dela Hoya can make this reality, I heard he has plans for Liddell-Ortiz fight.

If he can hire Conor McGregor and Jon Jones and stage an event outside USA then I think it would be a success.

difference is Randy tried to compete in a promotion based in the states. Him living in the usa worked against him aswell.

Mirko was still under ufc contract when he left for Japan and competed in Dream. the ufc couldnt do anything about it.

I have to check that.
But I can see its harder going after a fighter not based in the USA.

EDIT: "White was livid that Filipovic took the reported DREAM deal. As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported prior to UFC 99, according to White, he and Filipovic agreed to a rare one-fight deal with the understanding the deal would be extended to three fights after the Al Turk fight."

My understanding is based on this CC was NOT under contract.

no idea but the ufc insisting on classifying them as independent contractors (to avoid paying benefits) would probably help the fighter's case

Essentially the issues are similar to fighting out of state with commssion bans.

One, most other regulated states won't let you fight if you are banned in any other state.

Two, if you do fight out of state while suspended elsewhere you will receive a lifetime ban in that states jurisdiction. Meaning if you are suspended with the NSAC and fight in Japan during your suspension the NSAC will no longer licence you or dramatically extend the suspension.

Three, since the UFC does not want to get in trouble with state athletic commissions again; they will not schedule a bout with a suspended fighter even out of the state of the suspension. For a UFC contracted fighter to try to take a fight outside the org while under contract would likely result in a lawsuit/injunction against the fighter stopping the fight before it happens. See Couture/Fedor.

Are Conor McGregor and Jon Jones allowed to to fight outside UFC (outside USA)?

You know terminate their contracts with the UFC and fight elsewhere like in Asia or Russia?

well ufc will never gut them but they could do bjj grappleing event at any time they might want to.

Back