Are cb radios still a thing on roads?

Blossom's Hat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Besides rural off-roading do people/truckers still use them to warn of smokey, someone to talk to, distress calls, etc or have phone apps gmaps, waze, grinder, etc made them obsolete?

Truckers still use the hell out of them as do off roaders, cells won’t replace that in those types of uses because you often need to talk to someone you have no clue what their cell number is(or who they are irl a lot of times. )

One of the best songs of all time

I actually was just wondering this a little while back.

I remember that CBing used to be a hobby for people back in the day.

I wonder how many ham radio operators there are these days. I know that used to be a big thing as well but you never heard about it anymore.

Funny enough I have a 'classic car' and just yesterday I was joking around with someone about how there is a CB radio connector just hanging below the 8-track/audio system.

We had them in our trucks at work, mainly to use at destinations where companies use CBs to tell truck drivers where to load and unload.

We had them in our trucks at work, mainly to use at destinations where companies use CBs to tell truck drivers where to load and unload.
The bigger elevators I go to still require a cb. Most will have handhelds you can borrow at the front office though.

Back