Are buying steaks from Amazon safe?

ga_ninja

Whopper or Die
@purple
Reaction score
I recently started cooking my own steaks with different rubs and homemade butter and i came across this on Amazon

The price is good but idk how i feel about postal steaks. Anybody buy meats from Amazon?

Butcher's make a living and contribute to the economy you are a part of more than amazon.. find a store.

I was gonna say I wouldn’t want any perishable food like that ordered online until I remembered that I've boughten meat off the back of a truck a few times. Go for it.

Buying steaks from Bezos is one step down from buying steaks from Trump. Either way, colon cancer is at the end result of both decisions.

Butcher's make a living and contribute to the economy you are a part of more than amazon.. find a store.
Shit butchers here want an arm and leg for short loin paid 40 bucks for a porterhouse. Yeah it was huge but damn.

Shit butchers here want an arm and leg for short loin paid 40 bucks for a porterhouse. Yeah it was huge but damn.
Where? You can still fin strips around here for 3.99 a lb if you buy at least 100 worth. Look for better places. Meat places in the city, distributors etc...

I make steaks better than anybody I know. I was thinking about opening a steak place, because there is one around here that is total garbage and stays in business. My girls family owns a couple restaurants.

I buy steak on ebay. Man from Hong Kong send it. Don't really look or taste like steak but I hear cow over there different.

All the best meat where I live is in privately owned meat markets and butcheries. Supermarket meat is horseshit outside Costco.

Some of our top beef ranchers here have a portion of their cattle butchered, frozen, and shipped themselves. They're the ones who show up to the farmer's market and sell directly to customers. Rarely do these best ranchers of beef where I live have contracts with the local butcheries, though. I've always found that odd. Separate channels.

Omaha Steaks is the oldest and largest mail-order business known to me. They sell through Amazon, now, too. But no matter what you're buying meat that has been frozen at some point rather than merely dry-hung in cold storage.

I make steaks better than anybody I know. I was thinking about opening a steak place, because there is one around here that is total garbage and stays in business. My girls family owns a couple restaurants.
Whats your basic rub recipe?

Bargain hunting for meat is a fruitless pursuit. You get what you pay for.

The price is good but idk how i feel about postal steaks. Anybody buy meats from Amazon?

I bought alot of meat through Omaha Steaks for the holidays, and they arrived in a styrofoam (sp?) box with dry ice.

No problems whatsoever with the quality.

I imagine whoever sells meat over amazon, uses the same process.

Whats your basic rub recipe?

The only rubs I've done are prepackaged; although i do like them. I make Cajun steaks, the best zip steaks, melted blue and onion, and steaks cooked in the same pan I fry peppers and garlic in.

The only rubs I've done are prepackaged; although i do like them. I make Cajun steaks, the best zip steaks, melted blue and onion, and steaks cooked in the same pan I fry peppers and garlic in.
Yeah i love cajun steaks with onions and garlic with a dab of garlic butter...damn but yeah im trying to make a homemade rub with little to no sodium.

Yeah i love cajun steaks with onions and garlic with a dab of garlic butter...damn but yeah im trying to make a homemade rub with little to no sodium.

Well, it's going to be pepper based lol.

Fry some peppers in oil with garlic.. Drain most of the oil and put vinegar on the peppers and eat those. Put a nice pepper spice blend in the pan on top of the thin coat of oil in the pan, and sear the steak in it.

I shouldn't be giving away secrets..

Back