Are american fighters overrated betting-wise?

Goat Poster

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
UFC seems to be most popular in America and America is the richest country in the world so its seems possible that American fighters get figthting foreigners would have bad odds due to many more people with deeper pockets wanting to bet on them.
I don't believe it is possible to beat the vig just by betting against Americans, but wouldn't be shocked at all if you take the vig out and bet vig-free agaisnt friends that you can just print 1 or 2% edge by betting against Americans.

Has anyone done the work? Is there any site you can consult with these kind of stats or is it needed to extract the info and do some excel work?

I think you get better odds on unpopular fighter than on popular fighters. This is a bit on the same line, people want to bet on their own fighters so make sense that American fighters would see a bit more of favouritism in the betting lines. Not sure how much you would gain from it, but I don't think you are wrong.

Hmm,I would rather check the profit from betting against fighters finishing with -ov for the last 3 years...

I think you get better odds on unpopular fighter than on popular fighters. This is a bit on the same line, people want to bet on their own fighters so make sense that American fighters would see a bit more of favouritism in the betting lines. Not sure how much you would gain from it, but I don't think you are wrong.
Except I'm not sure there are many Americans betting a fighter because he's American. I see betting along national lines by the Europeans in a massive way though.

When I used to bet horses, during the Breeders Cup there are a lot of European horses. I would bet the American horses on a UK site and the Euro's locally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back