AR-15 Recommendations

95667ff99bbaa9c349a3d4230916f052.gif

interesting new concept. i think i will make a build around this one

interesting new concept. i think i will make a build around this one

I always wondered with you Cali dudes. At what point do you ask yourselves, “Is the pistol grip really worth the hassle of all these contraptions just to keep it a range toy?” Or is the Marine in me overthinking that any weapon I own should be ready to go to war with?

Then again, my state doesn’t allow an easily convertible weapon either. But still, I see the weapon selections you got without needing any fussing around with, and scratch my head at why some of you guys put up with the headache of these contraptions.

I suppose you could ask us east coasters why we are willing to pay up to 3x more for a weapon with pieces 20+ years old just to keep a pistol grip. Don’t worry I ask my people that too.

I just really liken the AR debate to a parent and their daughter fighting over how she’s dressed to go out on a date. “You March upstairs and take that black pistol grip dress off young lady, and put on something less assaulty!”, lol.

I always wondered with you Cali dudes. At what point do you ask yourselves, “Is the pistol grip really worth the hassle of all these contraptions just to keep it a range toy?” Or is the Marine in me overthinking that any weapon I own should be ready to go to war with?

Then again, my state doesn’t allow an easily convertible weapon either. But still, I see the weapon selections you got without needing any fussing around with, and scratch my head at why some of you guys put up with the headache of these contraptions.

I suppose you could ask us east coasters why we are willing to pay up to 3x more for a weapon with pieces 20+ years old just to keep a pistol grip. Don’t worry I ask my people that too.

I just really liken the AR debate to a parent and their daughter fighting over how she’s dressed to go out on a date. “You March upstairs and take that black pistol grip dress off young lady, and put on something less assaulty!”, lol.

I was just posting an option, I live in AZ. I can own all the fun stuff.

I was just posting an option, I live in AZ. I can own all the fun stuff.

All good. Didn’t mean to phrase it in a disparaging way to the Cali brothers. I just try to be honest about the reality of these idiotic bans/limitations the grabbers put on the gun community about what really boils down to who’s gonna have the last laugh on how it a weapon looks.

The ingenuity is to be applauded, it highlights that no matter how slick a lawmaker tries to get about AR’s, the community will find a way to make it work.

Maybe it’s a good thing, even if it isn’t practical? Maybe keeping the fight focused on AR’s keeps other systems off their radar? I just wonder is all.

Ventura County checking in. I am not the final authority on this but I'd go so far as to say Orange and Ventura are some of the more conservative counties in CA. If you were to say LA or SF, I'd say you are screwed.

+1 for the Thorsden stock; of all the featureless options, it's the one that best resembles a rifle I'd want to use but there seemed to be extra distance to reach for the trigger. Other than that, you just need either a muzzle brake or thread protector, and an Overall Length of over 30" . Now you got something looking more like a Ruger Mini14.

Oh, and get good at reloading. After July 1st, ammo purchases require a background check.

EDIT: OAL needs to be 30" or more.
Still screwed in Orange County. OC is very suburban and not very gun friendly. Current sheriff is on her way out but she is sure as shit not a friend of the 2nd Amendment. Depends on who takes over for her. Most municipal PD's have a lot of new cops who just want stats, to promote and be a cool guy so they will arrest otherwise law abiding gun owners for shit like this. Its a constant battle at my agency. The vocal minority of us who won't fighting against the powers that be who want us to be letter of the law.

If you really want to reach out and touch someone....

M1A shooting .308
KjeZ7bC.jpg

Holy crap! I held one of these using this stock at my LGS today. This thing got some definite heft to it.

I think he was talking Gen1 Thorsden Stocks...
View attachment 351483

I get a lot of amusement out of how creative gun manufacture's (and aftermarket parts) get to create something that still has all the capabilities of a regular AR15, but still fits inside Cali's asinine bans of parts of it in attempts to ban AR15 in general

Back