Aqua heavy bags?

Axx

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Are they any good? Better than your regular heavy bag? My 140cm 60kg heavy bag got stolen(dont ask how..) so i need a new one. Ive been told these aqua bags are even better for power?

The biggest they got is like 86 kilo.. do or dont?

Really good bags. The only negative is you can't do body shots....Other then that, they are a must have IMO.

whats so good about them?

I want to increase power, would you recoomend an aqua bag for poweR?

You can work on different technique on either bag. Also depends on weight. Power is obviously derivative of technique.

If you want something that you can punch really hard, then the aqua bag should suffice.

If you live somewhere freezing and plan on putting the bag in a cold place (garage, for example) you might consider getting traditional heavy bag.

Nah its for my room it doesnt get below 0 degrees.

Yea its for mainly power punches. Leaning more towards the big aqua bag right now. Its 200 euros here.

Nah its for my room it doesnt get below 0 degrees.

Yea its for mainly power punches. Leaning more towards the big aqua bag right now. Its 200 euros here.
Damn. That's a lot of money.

Have you looked into the Taylor Made Tuff End Buoys (which are basically the same thing without the logo or color options for about 1/3 of the price)?

Yeah i dunno if thats available in holland but ill check it out. We pay shitload of money for that kind of stuff because its not being made here.

I paid 300 euros for my 1.4meter 60 kilo heavy bag of tuf wear.

Yeah i dunno if thats available in holland but ill check it out. We pay shitload of money for that kind of stuff because its not being made here.

You can also get a Taylor Made Tuff end buoy (it's exactly the same a aqua bag) for a lot less $. If you look o. The black part of the Aqua bag, you will see Taylor Made written on it.

I bought one of each and they are identical....Except for the pump colors offered by Aqua bag.

If not the exact brand, I wonder if you could come up with something similar for a lot less money. The concept is pretty basic and I don't think it is worth 300 euros to get a brand name on something that is probably only worth 50 euros max.

Aqua Training Bag now offers a body shaped bag, dimensions similar to a Century BOB torso, but hanging and filled with water, it's pretty nice

Im digging this one.
(I'd like to see it in person to gauge how pronounced that ridge is on the head before buying though.)
But damn.. It looks awesome for body shots. image.jpeg

Edit: here it is in action. If you're a big guy, it's gonna be a bit swingy.

Last edited:
Im digging this one.
(I'd like to see it in person to gauge how pronounced that ridge is on the head before buying though.)
But damn.. It looks awesome for body shots. View attachment 195017

Edit: here it is in action. If you're a big guy, it's gonna be a bit swingy.

I have that bag, do not have very many rounds on it but so far it's fun and easier to kick than the original.

@browng210 right on. Now that you mention it, I can see how it would be good for high kicks and getting used to clearing the shoulders.

I've been thinking about getting one since I saw it.
How swingy & prone to spinning is it, compared to other heavy bags in that weight range?
Kind of hard to get a gauge on that, as the only vidoes I've found are that heavyweight guy slamming it and some smaller inexperienced guy just messing around.

Last edited:
@browng210 right on. Now that you mention it, I can see how it would be good for high kicks and getting used to clearing the shoulders.

I've been thinking about getting one since I saw it.
How swingy & prone to spinning is it, compared to other heavy bags in that weight range?
Kind of hard to get a gauge on that, as the only vidoes I've found are that heavyweight guy slamming it and some smaller inexperienced guy just messing around.
The bag is heavy, I believe about 150 lbs or so, I have the 120 lb original Aqua bag and the body bag swings considerably more than the round aqua bag, but still not as much as a normal 100 lb heavy bag. It IS really good for clearing the shoulders on head kicks. The body kicks are easier on this than the original aqua bag but still doesn't feel good to slap marine grade rubber with a bare shin, I kicked with some sweat pants on and it wasn't too bad at all.

Back