Aqua bagwork vid

Nice hand speed, Overall looking really good, only critique's I can say that may help are to not pivot to the left with your left hand down, leaves you open for the right hand and is an easy fix, hide ur chin behind the shoulder or tuck the left hand in while making that pivot.

I also think u are throwing ur uppercuts from too far out and too wide. You got good hand speed, and can get away with things like that against slower guys if ur athletic enough, however the counter hook you open urself up to in doing that with the right uppercut, is a nasty one. With the left uppercut, ur giving a big window for the right hand as well. Bend at the waist a bit more when throwing the uppercuts & get closer to the bag.

Then of course we can all always pick the jab up a bit more when returning it. I think we all take that one for granted sometimes lol
great advice. any kind of moving to the left with a low lead can be dangerous, it is fatal if you are backing out of an exchange or combo. i am also a big believer that uppercuts should be throw short and rarely if ever from the outside. it's a pet hate of mine actually.

Not sure why you drop your jabbing hand after every combo but in sparring/fight will only lead to bad things. There is no need to drop it, ever

Generally I think you are far too close to the bag during punches, meaning you are losing alot of power/wasting energy

Also tell the gym owner to fill the fucking bag properly!
disagree about the range thing, although he was jamming some of his straight punches a bit. very few people actually punch from too close when sparring or fighting, most people reach with punches and lose follow through.

i really liked what as saw. it looked like you where committing to your punches more and just seemed a lot more positive about what you were trying to do in general. there was a couple of technical things the could be worked on a bit.
i don't agree about what he was saying about range (although you could move back out of range a bit more and throw a few longer punches) but billythefish was right about that lead hand dropping.
youngcashmoney had some great points and really knows what he's talking about. the only thing i might add, would be when you throw that big left hook your always bringing your right up extremely high, don't always do that. vary your guard and positioning otherwise you will eat a left hook to the liver. also keep that right elbow in when throwing the hard right, it's more sound defensively and will generate more force.

@Sano is the only person on Sherdog who has seen one of my fights, so I can safely say that dropping your hand after throwing a punch doesn't mean you'll eat a shot. Hell for the second half of my fight I didn't even bother to put my hands up. He's got handspeed and reasonable movement, he doesn't need his guard to be up every second, especially if he darts back after a combo.

@Sano is the only person on Sherdog who has seen one of my fights, so I can safely say that dropping your hand after throwing a punch doesn't mean you'll eat a shot. Hell for the second half of my fight I didn't even bother to put my hands up. He's got handspeed and reasonable movement, he doesn't need his guard to be up every second, especially if he darts back after a combo.

All depends on who ur fighting, its better to be safe than sorry.

Pulling straight back against someone with speed themselves is not a good idea.

This is just bag work though, so it aint that serious.

All depends on who ur fighting, its better to be safe than sorry.

Pulling straight back against someone with speed themselves is not a good idea.

This is just bag work though, so it aint that serious.

Yeah it's all about feeling out your opponent, for me I knew he couldn't hit me if he had 3 wishes from a genie so after round one I just dropped the hands, I was also unfit and had about 24 hours notice I was even fighting, so I do question if the dropping of the hands was confidence or fatigue lmao.

Thanks everyone, great advice!

Your right cross have gotten so good that i almost dont wanna spar you anymore
Thanks, I have been working on it. Before I didn't step in with it and I was off balance after throwing it. After working on my feet placement and having my feet under me that doesn't happen anymore. It's getting to be quite the nasty punch.

Let me ask you one thing what did you think of the Aqua bag?
In conjunction with the traditional punch bag?
It's great. Not as hard on the hands, you can work uppercuts and hooks better and also use it defensively. The angles are just different. I'd highly recommend it.

Nice hand speed, Overall looking really good, only critique's I can say that may help are to not pivot to the left with your left hand down, leaves you open for the right hand and is an easy fix, hide ur chin behind the shoulder or tuck the left hand in while making that pivot.

I also think u are throwing ur uppercuts from too far out and too wide. You got good hand speed, and can get away with things like that against slower guys if ur athletic enough, however the counter hook you open urself up to in doing that with the right uppercut, is a nasty one. With the left uppercut, ur giving a big window for the right hand as well. Bend at the waist a bit more when throwing the uppercuts & get closer to the bag.

Then of course we can all always pick the jab up a bit more when returning it. I think we all take that one for granted sometimes lol
Thanks my man, really good observations and useful advice! You're right on the speed part as well, because the few times I've been caught bad was against guys who were faster than me.

The long uppercut I usually use after slipping the jab or if I can get them to duck into it and I like having range on it. I'll be tighter with it, and my left uppercut as well!

Looks good. I’d like to see you take some pauses in between hitting the bag instead of spazzing out a little and also trying to jab a little more stiff. Singles, doubles, and tripling it up.

I’d also like to see your shadow boxing to be slower, smoother, and more deliberate.

Overall looks good and clean though
Yeah I have a hard time using the stiff jab on a bag because it hurts my neck a little. Old whiplash injury. I will however try, and also try to use more double and triple jabs. I forget, and it's an excellent tool to have. I like jabbing, so thanks for reminding me!

Hey guys, tried working a little with the aqua bag the other day. I'm in pretty poor shape right now as I've been busy with work, but hope to get back into it soon.

Any comment and critique is appreciated as always.

Drop your jab fter throwing it.

Drop your right before throwing it.

Don't extend the straight right enough.

Step to the left after every combo ending in a non power based left hand.

Any of my students would have you out of there in under 2 minutes. Less if it weren't in a ring/cage

Thanks everyone, great advice!

Thanks, I have been working on it. Before I didn't step in with it and I was off balance after throwing it. After working on my feet placement and having my feet under me that doesn't happen anymore. It's getting to be quite the nasty punch.

It's great. Not as hard on the hands, you can work uppercuts and hooks better and also use it defensively. The angles are just different. I'd highly recommend it.

Thanks my man, really good observations and useful advice! You're right on the speed part as well, because the few times I've been caught bad was against guys who were faster than me.

The long uppercut I usually use after slipping the jab or if I can get them to duck into it and I like having range on it. I'll be tighter with it, and my left uppercut as well!

Yeah I have a hard time using the stiff jab on a bag because it hurts my neck a little. Old whiplash injury. I will however try, and also try to use more double and triple jabs. I forget, and it's an excellent tool to have. I like jabbing, so thanks for reminding me!

Many thanks for the reply

Drop your jab fter throwing it.

Drop your right before throwing it.

Don't extend the straight right enough.

Step to the left after every combo ending in a non power based left hand.

Any of my students would have you out of there in under 2 minutes. Less if it weren't in a ring/cage
Haha please post videos of yourself or your students

Haha please post videos of yourself or your students

Anyone with a month of ashi sabaki basics and regular kata practice under a good sensei would be able to easily deal with those mistakes.

Add some conditioning and free weights, aggression training and it wouldn't take long .

Hmm I wonder what @Kravjutsu last account was called?
@Sano which posters have you pissed off
Not everyone spends all their time in forums, kid.

I offered advice and critique to a video that was requesting the aforementioned.
Maybe rethink what you're implying

Not everyone spends all their time in forums, kid.

I offered advice and critique to a video that was requesting the aforementioned.
Maybe rethink what you're implying
Nah I’m an optimist. Thinking you are a cave dwelling troll is the most positive outcome. Thinking you are somebody deluded enough to believe you have students(?) or even a school full, of people that could walk through @Sano is crazy.
Listen up youngin, this ain’t my first rodeo and I doubt mister joined this week quoting karate terms without explanations and shitting on members from an unexplained but assumed position of great knowledge and skill... is a trap.

Pretty sure he made up his own martial art called krav jutsu

Nah I’m an optimist. Thinking you are a cave dwelling troll is the most positive outcome. Thinking you are somebody deluded enough to believe you have students(?) or even a school full, of people that could walk through @Sano is crazy.
Listen up youngin, this ain’t my first rodeo and I doubt mister joined this week quoting karate terms without explanations and shitting on members from an unexplained but assumed position of great knowledge and skill... is a trap.

What happens if I get caught in this 'trap' then tough guy?

What happens if I get caught in this 'trap' then tough guy?
You are the trap. Getting your jollies acting accomplished online, looking for validation by shutting down others.
It’s unfortunate but it is a common tactic among mcdojoists and is quite successful ehen you got a screen to hide behind.

Also I am not tough and have never made that claim.

Back