Aqua bagwork vid

Sano

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hey guys, tried working a little with the aqua bag the other day. I'm in pretty poor shape right now as I've been busy with work, but hope to get back into it soon.

Any comment and critique is appreciated as always.

Not sure why you drop your jabbing hand after every combo but in sparring/fight will only lead to bad things. There is no need to drop it, ever

Generally I think you are far too close to the bag during punches, meaning you are losing alot of power/wasting energy

Also tell the gym owner to fill the fucking bag properly!

Here's a shadowboxing video from the same day, just because:

Not sure why you drop your jabbing hand after every combo but in sparring/fight will only lead to bad things. There is no need to drop it, ever

Generally I think you are far too close to the bag during punches, meaning you are losing alot of power/wasting energy

Also tell the gym owner to fill the fucking bag properly!
Yeah you're right, I'm being lazy with it. It's a bad habit and I need to be more diligent.

Much better!

You've fixed a lot of things
Thanks! Just been working on it by myself. Next month I'll get some more coaching and maybe if the stars align I can actually start sparring very lightly.

Last edited:
I don't know if you are aware of it, if there is a reason why, but your shadow boxing is against a much taller opponent... Specially your jab is targeting very high. You use a "long guard" every now and then, which you can target the forehead, but you target the same area for your jabs. + what Billy said.

piggy backing off @BillytheFish

no we cannot keep our hands up 24/7 and there are times to drop them or move them etc. but I did notice the left hand being dropped too much, specifically at the very beginning, you pivot to the left, with the left hand down, which is no good obviously, also crowding the punches a bit, but overall I would say you look clean and crisp for the most part.

your balance and posture is great, have been trying to emulate it

You look much better. More fluid and balance i was talking about, seem to be fixed as well. Nice handspeed for a danish as well.

I am no fan of the typical double guard. But i dont like your posture when your lead hand just hang down in the beginning. Hide your chin behind the shoulder, or just stance into that bruce lee like stance.

I like aqua bags. Mine is frozen. Have it in my barn. :(

@ARIZE I couldn't tell you why exactly. I think part of it is because I used to jab too low and the last guy I sparred was tall.

@shincheckin Yeah I need to be careful with pivoting to my left and having my hand down. I don't think I do it as much when im shadowboxing, but it's definitely a bad habit I have. Gotta be careful of walking right into that right hand.

@Frode Falch I think what it is is that I'm not as overtly straight with my back anymore. I took what I could from that experiment and got better posture, but I'm standing much more naturally now and it's obviously a lot better. Well I'm not a pure blood Dane so maybe thats why haha.

@Minowafanatic Thanks my man!

Thanks again guys for the critiques and encouragements. I think you hit the nail right on the head. I have been focusing on my footwork and flow for a while but I'll focus more on keeping that lead up and giving some space to the bag.

@ARIZE I couldn't tell you why exactly. I think part of it is because I used to jab too low and the last guy I sparred was tall.

@shincheckin Yeah I need to be careful with pivoting to my left and having my hand down. I don't think I do it as much when im shadowboxing, but it's definitely a bad habit I have. Gotta be careful of walking right into that right hand.

@Frode Falch I think what it is is that I'm not as overtly straight with my back anymore. I took what I could from that experiment and got better posture, but I'm standing much more naturally now and it's obviously a lot better. Well I'm not a pure blood Dane so maybe thats why haha.

@Minowafanatic Thanks my man!

Thanks again guys for the critiques and encouragements. I think you hit the nail right on the head. I have been focusing on my footwork and flow for a while but I'll focus more on keeping that lead up and giving some space to the bag.
By "experiment", did you just focus explicitly on keeping your back straighter for awhile whenever trianing, or was there something more elaborate that led to a change in posture?

By "experiment", did you just focus explicitly on keeping your back straighter for awhile whenever trianing, or was there something more elaborate that led to a change in posture?
Well, I did some additional postural exercises (basic stuff really working on lower traps, serratus and external shoulder rotation primarily), but yes that is the jist of it. Relaxed, shoulders back, back straighter, chin down, hips engaged and slightly bend, feet shoulder distance apart while trying to keep my back foot under me and take it with me when throwing the right hand.

I was overdoing it though to the extent that I couldn't really slip and bend, which I wouldn't do if I had to do it over again. It definitely helped me though.

I don't know if you are aware of it, if there is a reason why, but your shadow boxing is against a much taller opponent... Specially your jab is targeting very high. You use a "long guard" every now and then, which you can target the forehead, but you target the same area for your jabs. + what Billy said.
He's a 6'2 manlet

Your right cross have gotten so good that i almost dont wanna spar you anymore

Let me ask you one thing what did you think of the Aqua bag?
In conjunction with the traditional punch bag?

Hey guys, tried working a little with the aqua bag the other day. I'm in pretty poor shape right now as I've been busy with work, but hope to get back into it soon.

Any comment and critique is appreciated as always.

Nice hand speed, Overall looking really good, only critique's I can say that may help are to not pivot to the left with your left hand down, leaves you open for the right hand and is an easy fix, hide ur chin behind the shoulder or tuck the left hand in while making that pivot.

I also think u are throwing ur uppercuts from too far out and too wide. You got good hand speed, and can get away with things like that against slower guys if ur athletic enough, however the counter hook you open urself up to in doing that with the right uppercut, is a nasty one. With the left uppercut, ur giving a big window for the right hand as well. Bend at the waist a bit more when throwing the uppercuts & get closer to the bag.

Then of course we can all always pick the jab up a bit more when returning it. I think we all take that one for granted sometimes lol

I did not like how wide your right hand stays.

Looks good. I’d like to see you take some pauses in between hitting the bag instead of spazzing out a little and also trying to jab a little more stiff. Singles, doubles, and tripling it up.

I’d also like to see your shadow boxing to be slower, smoother, and more deliberate.

Overall looks good and clean though

Good enough to beat half of Sherdog.
Before getting KOd by spacetime, of course.

Back