Appreciate Bisping; he's one of the last of a dying breed

What is this next generation of businessmen and point fighters? For sure not the shy, polite killer Whittaker.
Bisping deserve his money, but he was the one chasing "money" and easier fights as soon he got the belt.

What is this next generation of businessmen and point fighters? For sure not the shy, polite killer Whittaker.
Bisping deserve his money, but he was the one chasing "money" and easier fights as soon he got the belt.
Bobby Knuckles is one of my favorites of the new guard. He has TNT for fists

028michaelbisping_large_huge.jpg

Recognize greatness and the fighting spirit in Michael the Count Bisping

he's a legit scrapper not like this next generation of businessmen and point fighters. plus the fact that he is still a very competitive top 10 level fighter at his age is great to see when so many of his contemporaries that are still going have fallen off a cliff by now like Rampage, BJ, Shogun, Wanderlei, etc
SkeletalJampackedFossa.gif

Ping needs to fight Yoel for last fight. "See u soon boi!"

Much respect to the British Brawler.

The man has sacrificed blood, sweat, tears, his boyish good looks and even his fucking eye for this business.

Lol aww man I was gonna make a joke about his sacrificing his eye

Turns out jetting across the world on short notice to fight a dangerous opponent is not easy to do. All the more props to the Count for what he does. Just scrap

pure class

Just NO

he didn´t defend against a ranked opponent in 2 years

that´s not a warrior´s breed but a duck breed

old breed fighters don´t give a fuck

this is a very shitty thread

you are shitting over past glories like SAKURABA or MINOWAMAN who actually didn´t give a shit and were WARRIORS

GTFO

he's a legit scrapper not like this next generation of businessmen and point fighters. plus the fact that he is still a very competitive top 10 level fighter at his age is great to see when so many of his contemporaries that are still going have fallen off a cliff by now like Rampage, BJ, Shogun, Wanderlei, etc
Overrated of all time. Brits always think they are above everyone else

Shit, those guys you listed aren’t his contemporaries.
Bisping was brand new when those guys you listed were the best fighters in the world.

It’s a sad state of the knowledge of mma fans that bisping would be on a list compared to true greats like Wanderlei and shogun.

He’s one of the few anyone, anytime, anywhere type of fighters... that being said he’s a realist and knew he had an expiration date while holding dat belt, so he milked it for every last squeeze. MW Champ Bisping was a duck, Micheal the count Bisping is a fighter I’ve come to hespect. He should’ve retired after the Hendo fight IMO and rode off into the sunset. Now more than ever his winning the belt seems more like a fluke

Shit, those guys you listed aren’t his contemporaries.
Bisping was brand new when those guys you listed were the best fighters in the world.

It’s a sad state of the knowledge of mma fans that bisping would be on a list compared to true greats like Wanderlei and shogun.
Bisping began in 2004, Shogun 2002. They are contemporaries you dork.

Overrated of all time. Brits always think they are above everyone else
He's underrated if anything. Nobody thinks he is an all time elite fighter but he is vastly underappreciated. Hell look at the last few posts to see a bunch of hating ass mfs lol

Exactly. He WAS a "legit scrapper" right up until he got that fluky title win, and then suddenly he turned into a Conor-style businessman who refused to even fight anyone under 40. The only reason Bisping even agreed to fight GSP was because he figured he could take someone who'd been away four years, even if he was a spry 38.

Now his pride's been hurt and he knows everyone thinks he's a coward and so he's overcompensating with this Gastelum fight.
Or maybe he (and he UFC) preferred the GSP fight because it would make them more money? This is more the obvious answer than assuming Bisping was actually scared to fight a particular fighter when he had the belt.

Agreed. But I feel that about all the guys entering the twilight of their careers being a fan since UFC 3 so I am biased. I like the younger generation of fighters coming up, but it just isn't the same. Some days the kids on here will see the up and coming kids beat their heroes and will understand. Great career, great fighter.

Yeah lets appriciate him destroying the MW division in more ways than we can count.

He got exactly what what was coming to him, and on some level I suspect that the one who cleared him to fight did out of revenge for the credibility of the sport.

He's in contention for JUST BLEED Sainthood for sure.

Lots of guys have fighting spirit. Very few got the undeserved push that the Count did.

Bisping is the exact definition of a coddled fighter. His losses were either completely glossed over or given to him via bullshit decisions. His one fluke punch doesn't change his mediocrity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back