Apple to build $350B 2nd US campus and pay $38B in taxes

Liquid Smoke

Great artists steal™
@Gold
Reaction score
Apple announced that due to the Trump tax cut they will be bringing home a major portion of cash currently held in foreign banks. They will pay a one time $38 billion tax and build a new corporate campus creating thousands of jobs. Apple shareholders (from all income levels and walks of life) benefited from a 1.7% stock price increase today resulting from the news.

Between the spending plan, hiring 20,000 people, tax payments and business with U.S.-based suppliers, Apple on Wednesday estimated it would spend $350 billion in the United States over the next five years.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...8-billion-in-foreign-cash-taxes-idUSKBN1F62FJ

Whoops! Didn't see the other thread. I'm a dork!

Apple announced that due to the Trump tax cut they will be bringing home a major portion of cash currently held in foreign banks. They will pay a one time $38 billion tax and build a new corporate campus creating thousands of jobs. Apple shareholders (from all income levels and walks of life) benefited from a 1.7% stock price increase today resulting from the news.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...8-billion-in-foreign-cash-taxes-idUSKBN1F62FJ
Wow, we could almost get two walls for that.

Sounds like a sweet gig.

Does Apple pump and dump their engineers? I'm sure it's trial by fire but is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Does Apple pump and dump their engineers?
It's not easy to get in there. It's a highly coveted position. GE set the stage for having a Darwinian work environment and Amazon is known for being that way now. Not sure if Apple is.

It's not easy to get in there. It's a highly coveted position. GE set the stage for having a Darwinian work environment and Amazon is known for being that way now. Not sure if Apple is.

A few people I graduated with work for Amazon but they hired engineers for logistics?

Does GE/Amazon burn out those engineers or develop some really superb talent? It seems like the big DoD contractors pump and dump engineers indiscriminate of their talent or work ethic.

A few people I graduated with work for Amazon but they hired engineers for logistics?

Does GE/Amazon burn out those engineers or develop some really superb talent? It seems like the big DoD contractors pump and dump engineers indiscriminate of their talent or work ethic.

They use the H-1B visa program to bring over foreign workers for a couple of years and pay them shit wages.

Back