Apple hater here.. got the new iPad Pro 10.5

I've been considering a mechanical keyboard for the office, cherry mx blue, as I've read they're great for people who type a bunch, but I'm afraid of the noise.
This buckling spring board is even louder than my cherry mx blue board. I'd suggest red or brown switches and get some o-rings if you're worried about the noise!

i'm an apple hater, and have a mac air and macbook pro for work (along with 2 surfaces, and 2 dell laptops).

apple still fucking sucks. playback pro plus is cool though (obviously not an apple product, otherwise it too would be shit).

Since you're in IT, maybe you'll appreciate my new buckling spring board
IMG_20170623_150159.jpg

So much HNNNNNGGGG

The person 4 cubicles over is thinking about killing you the next paragraph you type. Mechanical keyboards have no buisness at an office. I had someone at my work smash a co-workers keyboard just like that because of all the noise. They said something fell on it hahah.

Ps nice nicholas cage mousepad, that must get a few questions.

The person 4 cubicles over is thinking about killing you the next paragraph you type. Mechanical keyboards have no buisness at an office. I had someone at my work smash a co-workers keyboard just like that because of all the noise. They said something fell on it hahah.

Ps nice nicholas cage mousepad, that must get a few questions.
Don't worry, my office is pretty secluded!! Plus if anyone tried anything goofy, they'd get KO'd and they know it. I remind them hourly.

and thank! My gf bought it and had it shipped to my work!

Tablets are useful to remove annoying kids from the way and to show wine and dessert menus at restaurants.
Not much else.
They are pretty much useless for any kind of serious work, compared to a laptop, which can do everything a tablet can do and then some.
Or, even a phone, because phones do everything a tablet does, but more efficiently: costs less, weights less, is portable, and actually has a - REVELATION! - phone function.

So, all in all, i'm very glad you can enjoy giving money to Apple for no real practical reason.

I also hate Apple, so i decided to waste my money on a Samsung Galaxy and while it is cool and smooth, it is also a pretty much an useless device. It does nothing i can do on other essential devices that i already have.

It's amazing how 4-5 years ago, the tablet market was booming and it was the next big thing, and people were talking about how they were going to replace laptops and pc's... And nowadays they are a fading niche market for people who:
a) Don't know of anything better to spend money on.
b) Don't have enough money to buy a more capable device.
c) Instagram Starbucks Apple attention whores.
d) Hate or don't care for their kids and don't want to interact with them so they give them a tablet.

a) Don't know of anything better to spend money on. Large HDR screen with 120hz, portable work, media consumption, gaming, and internet device?
b) Don't have enough money to buy a more capable device. iPad Pro 10.5 Starts at $650 + tax + $100 stylus + $160 keyboard...
c) Instagram Starbucks Apple attention whores. Fucking hate these types.
d) Hate or don't care for their kids and don't want to interact with them so they give them a tablet. Def true, at least it keeps em from crying and annoying the fuck outta me when I'm eating

Btw, I'm a big Samsung tablet fan as previously stated. I've owned all iterations of the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Note Pro 12.2, mainly for the S-Pen, but man, this 10.5 screen and pencil is something else. It's a must have for any Digital artists or aspiring artists.

The GPD is a cool concept, but that trackpad and keyboard are garbage and cheap looking.
It's also running on a super slow Atom CPU and Windows on a tiny screen is not productive at all.
If you're going for that ultra portable Windows machine, I'd say its better to get the Lenovo Yoga Book:
lenovo-yogabook-hands-on-TabTimes-5-of-21.jpg

Very thin profile, super light and portable, runs full Windows 10.
Keyboard and trackpad is meh, but the design is top tier.

You need tiny Trump hands to use those.

I'm not a fan of iphones, but iPads and Mac's are terrific. I just can't justify the cost.

Btw, I'm a big Samsung tablet fan as previously stated. I've owned all iterations of the Galaxy Note 10.1 and Note Pro 12.2, mainly for the S-Pen, but man, this 10.5 screen and pencil is something else. It's a must have for any Digital artists or aspiring artists.

No. Any decent digital artist or aspiring artist can do with whatever they have available.
It's just a cool gadget anyone can live without. There's no must haves in any profession.

Definitely a cool toy, but the Surface Pro tablets are still the best mobile device an office professional can own, IMO.

iOS still doesn't cut it as a productivity OS. Not even close.

Back