Apple Announces $350 Billion Investment in USA Thanks to Trump

So let's see here...

Money that was overseas doing not so much for our economy...

Versus

Money that will be flowing through the economy providing jobs...

So let's see here...

Versus

It's almost like this money could have been "flowing through the economy" already, wonder why it wasn't?

And repatriation still doesn't equal investment. Truth hurts.

Great news. That's 1 company. Any other examples?

What do you want posters to say here? Yeah it’s one company and it’s a start, positive news in my opinion

It’s like reading about pelosi calling the tax cut bonuses mere “bread crumbs”. Can’t you just say good news and leave it at that?

So let's see here...

Versus

How will this money flow through the economy? Apple bringing cash back to the US because rates a gonna be lower or because they are taking advantage of a tax holiday is great. But it’s yet to be seen what this mountain of cash will be used for. Some of the cash was slated to go to manufacturing or to build a new campus. But that was brought up last year or the year before that.
Looking at a big picture POV, does the US really need all this cash from tax breaks flowing back to the US? Or will it cause bigger problems down the road. I’m also not sure how long these low rates will last for reparation to take place?
Trump will jump on this and take credit where credit is not his to take.

It's almost like this money could have been "flowing through the economy" already, wonder why it wasn't?

And repatriation still doesn't equal investment. Truth hurts.

It could have been but it wasn't and that is the reality.

Also, the fact that it is repatriated does not negate that the money is now being invested in the US economy. I don't like Trump either but the fact that you create this completely false distinction between the two is lulzy.

They could have repatriated the money and parked it in various funds and just sat on it. Actively putting it to use to employ people and bolster their business in the US is the literal definition of investing in the economy. Where the money once was or what it was doing previously has no bearing on that actual, very real fact.

It could have been but it wasn't and that is the reality.

Also, the fact that it is repatriated does not negate that the money is now being invested in the US economy. I don't like Trump either but the fact that you create this completely false distinction between the two is lulzy.

They could have repatriated the money and parked it in various funds and just sat on it. Actively putting it to use to employ people and bolster their business in the US is the literal definition of investing in the economy. Where the money once was or what it was doing previously has no bearing on that actual, very real fact.

Excuse me, you said repatriation was investment. That bringing it to the US would have it "flowing through the economy". If they were going to invest it wholesale, they would have brought it back and ate the tax. That's kinda the point of an investment, spend money to make money.

But hey, count the chickens before they hatch. There's no way in hell anywhere close to 100% of that money gets invested. You fell for a giveway to corporate interests.

How will this money flow through the economy? Apple bringing cash back to the US because rates a gonna be lower or because they are taking advantage of a tax holiday is great. But it’s yet to be seen what this mountain of cash will be used for. Some of the cash was slated to go to manufacturing or to build a new campus. But that was brought up last year or the year before that.
Looking at a big picture POV, does the US really need all this cash from tax breaks flowing back to the US? Or will it cause bigger problems down the road. I’m also not sure how long these low rates will last for reparation to take place?
Trump will jump on this and take credit where credit is not his to take.

New campus and jobs as far as I have read.

We know the equation, good jobs, more people with more income, better for everyone.

As to your point of whether Apple could have done this or not, of course they could have. But the reality of today in politics and our economy is that Apple, just like these other companies who are now sharing bonuses and hiring more people, decided not to do this until these tax breaks happened. So I'm with you and everyone else who feels like it would be great if these companies would be more altruistic but the simple fact is that these companies are not going to engage in these sorts of activities without it being incentivized.

The past tax structures did not compel these companies to behave in these ways. That is simply a fact. I'm sure in the future the tax plan will be reworked to some degree. That is the nature of politics. The long-term effects of these plans are yet to be seen. But I don't think that there's anything wrong with being happy that there are some benefits for some regular people.

SoftBank of Japan to invest $50 billion in the United States creating 50,000 jobs Link

U.S. Steel to reinvest in the U.S. and rehire laid off workers, adding 10,000 jobs and investing $10 billion Link

TransLux to move full manufacturing from China back to U.S. Link

Foxconn to expand production into the U.S. creating 50,000 jobs and investing $7 billion Link

DOW to create state of the art innovation center in Michigan Link

IBM to invest $1 billion, hire 25,000 U.S. workers, and open 20 tech vocational schools Link

Tesla, Panasonic to make solar cells in Buffalo, New York creating 1,500 jobs and investing $5 billion Link

Sprint to bring 5,000 jobs back to the U.S.- OneWeb to create 3,000 jobs Link

Ford Cancels $1.6 billion Mexico Plant. Will Expand in Michigan adding 700 jobs and investing $700 million Link

Stanley Black and Decker to Open $35 million plant in US Link

Fiat Chrysler to Invest $1 billion and add 2,000 jobs in Michigan and Ohio Link

Toyota to invest $10 billion in the U.S. over 5 years Link

Amazon to create 100,000 jobs over next 18 months Link

GM to invest $1 billion in the U.S. and create/retain 1,000 jobs Link

Hyundai-Kia to invest $3.1 billion in the U.S. over 5 years Link
Walmart to invest $6.8 billion and create 34,000 jobs Link

Bayer to invest $8 billion in the U.S. and creat 3,000 jobs after meeting with Trump Link

Kroger plans 2017 expansion adding 10,000 jobs Link

Toyota to invest $600 million and add 400 jobs to Indiana plant. Link

Intel to invest $7 billion and create 3,000 jobs in AZ Link

Exxon Mobil to invest $20 billion and create 47,000 jobs Link

Samsung to invest $300 million and create 500 jobs Link

Home Depot to create 80,000 new jobs nationwide Link

giphy.gif

Back