Apparently eBay buyers can buy your equipment, destroy it, and then get a refund

I buy and sell sports cards on eBay and have been for about seven years. After I had a couple people try to claim defects in the cards... I put in every description "card has minor surface blemishes" whether they do or not.

Most people don't care if they are okay with the pic and they aren't worried about very minor condition things... but every so often I get some asshole that wants to buy the card to turn around have have it graded and if they see anything they think will keep them from getting at least a 9.5 grade, they demand a refund.

I sold 1.2-1.3M worth of race engine parts on eBay from 2004-2011 and haven't sold a single thing since then.
Motherfuck them and their ever increasing fees, and motherfuck PayPal to fucking hell. I am baffled there hasn't been a class action against both of them by now.

Damn, I've recently started selling retro video games on ebay, and of the four sales I've done, I've come across one time a buyer winning the bid, but then never sending me payment. I had to wait four days after putting in a dispute before I could end the transaction, and then I relisted the item.

Now reading through this thread, I'm all worried this crap could happen to me because some of the games are rare and expensive.

I will now document the working order of anything I send. Thank you.

Well fuck, I'ma start buying on ebay and paying with paypal.

Free shit !

Another thing that sucks about selling on there is they can't make the buyer leave feedback even after it's been delivered and they've had the item for awhile. All of my buyers have used Paypal to pay instantly and it's just a common courtesy to go ahead and leave them feedback since they've done their end of the deal already. I sold a $20 game to a dude almost a month ago though and he still hasn't left any feedback even after I send him a message every few days.

Damn, I've recently started selling retro video games on ebay, and of the four sales I've done, I've come across one time a buyer winning the bid, but then never sending me payment. I had to wait four days after putting in a dispute before I could end the transaction, and then I relisted the item.

Now reading through this thread, I'm all worried this crap could happen to me because some of the games are rare and expensive.
I only do Buy It Now and Best Offer when selling. It takes longer but it's worth it to me.

Back