Apparently early ideas for Jurassic Park 4 included dino-human hybrids

bQTfpeql.jpg
AND CYBORGIZED? That's way too much packed into one creature.

cyborg_thumb.jpg

But on the crossbred awesomesauce scale, it ranks second only to:

Dragons.jpg

THIS fucking melange of WTF. (Y'all member when we used to sling our Uzis round our waists with a loose belt? Member that?)

Yes

They even responded by name and came back to help Pratt at the end

If you wanna talk about jumping the shark well that was it

I didn't love that part of JW and it definitely gets the wheels of my bullshit-o-meter turning.

But at the same time, I can't say for certain that dinos would NOT be in any way trainable, especially considering that they are being raised from birth by people.

I didn't love that part of JW and it definitely gets the wheels of my bullshit-o-meter turning.

But at the same time, I can't say for certain that dinos would NOT be in any way trainable, especially considering that they are being raised from birth by people.

I have seen videos of people playing with Lions and Bears and shit so maybe on some minuscule level its possible

But I also read news stories of trainers being killed or mauled by the animal

Are Dinosaurs really the same tho? They seem to be like Great White sharks where it would be impossible to really tame them. Especially Raptors since the franchise has established them as one of the deadliest types

But they needed to be from the space

They didn't close to the edge they crossed it. The military would have no interest in dinosaurs being weaponized like that. Especially with robots right around the corner there is no point in investing in that.
While I agree with you in 2018, in the past (and present) the army has variously weaponized
Pigs
Dogs
Dolphins
Rats
Elephants

And that's not even mentioning cavalry horses.

I don't see any way of making weaponized dinosaurs any less absurd than Dino-Ryders though. And dino-human hybrids are best not contemplated, let alone discussed.

While I agree with you in 2018, in the past (and present) the army has variously weaponized
Pigs
Dogs
Dolphins
Rats
Elephants

And that's not even mentioning cavalry horses.

I don't see any way of making weaponized dinosaurs any less absurd than Dino-Ryders though. And dino-human hybrids are best not contemplated, let alone discussed.

The thing is animals like that actually make more sense than weaponizing a dinosaur to me. I can see weaponizing small animals and even normal animals simply for the surprise factor. Weaponize a stray dog as a bomb and send him into enemy territory and boom.

A dino is going to be gunned down immediately.

I'm going to read that Sayles script to see what it's all about, but from everything I've read it sounds pretty fucking crazy (and not really in a good way).
PITCHER: "All you got to do is pick it up and throw it! You're such a spaz!"
COACH: "Hey, none of that!"​

I think that tells us everything we need to know about this script.

I have seen videos of people playing with Lions and Bears and shit so maybe on some minuscule level its possible

But I also read news stories of trainers being killed or mauled by the animal

Are Dinosaurs really the same tho? They seem to be like Great White sharks where it would be impossible to really tame them. Especially Raptors since the franchise has established them as one of the deadliest types

I definitely won't begin to claim to know how trainable dinosaurs may, or may not be, but it doesn't seem completely far fetched. And the raptors in JW were still pretty vicious and Owen's relationship with them was always tenuous.

But I would think that dinos would act more mammalian than a fish, especially with the information we now have of certain bird-like characteristics.

A dino is going to be gunned down immediately.

I don't know about that. They'd be fast as fuck and it's difficult to hit a moving target.

I'll say this shit, if was dropped into a jungle with a gun and told that I'd be going up against a raptor, I certainly wouldn't feel like my victory was assured.

PITCHER: "All you got to do is pick it up and throw it! You're such a spaz!"
COACH: "Hey, none of that!"​

I think that tells us everything we need to know about this script.

giphy.gif

Back