Apocalyptic Numbers: The Saudi-Trump War on Yemen

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by HomerThompson, Mar 26, 2018.

1. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

Who was President three years ago? And what role does Iran play in this war?

2. 44nutman

44nutman Red Belt

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2017/...ner-and-bannon-to-approve-botched-yemen-raid/

Trump relied on Da Kush and Gin Blossoms Bannon which got our troops killed. BTW the President 3 years ago would not approve that raid.
    Gin Blossoms was for it to watch the world burn and Da Kush needed to get loans from the Saudi's which is why he wanted the raid. Da Kush needs to come up with a billion by the middle of next year, and why not help the House of Saud, so they can throw a couple hundred million his way. Trump was busy eating McDonalds and approved it because Da Kush and Gin Blossoms thought is was a good idea.

One thing this Yemen bullshit has shown me, is the House of Saud only has to wave money in front of this President(or at the least his dead beat son in law) to get what they want, at least Obama would fuck with the HOuse of Saud a little bit.

AnGrYcRoW and HomerThompson like this.
  3. HomerThompson

HomerThompson President of the War Room Platinum Member

They disliked Obama quite a bit. Not as much as Israel, but there was still friction. Because Obama was actually a strong leader.

AnGrYcRoW likes this.
  4. Zankou

Zankou Muscle and Hate Staff Member Senior Moderator

This must be some sort of meta-comment, where you ironically call attention to the fact that the 9-11 guys were all Saudis, our ‘allies’ who we are helping blast Yemen into dust for no good reason.

Kafir-kun, Gandhi, AnGrYcRoW and 2 others like this.
  5. Seaside

Seaside Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores

ruined Ukraine dont forget that. then funded neo nazi fascists and blamed putin. also bombed serbia to hell and help funded jihadis in balkans and in kosovo to break off from serbia. sure bunch of african countries we forget
    i did not get that. i dont know english first. Iran is helping them do that but at same time Iran goal is to use the people against saudi arabia so it a shit situation both side.

Son of Jamin likes this.
  6. JamesRussler

JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy

Well then why don't you just move to Yemen? I am pretty sure you're not typing this from a Yemeni cyber cafe. Buy yourself a plane ticket and go!

7. HomerThompson

HomerThompson President of the War Room Platinum Member

Stop trolling my thread, dumbass.

8. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

But who was President three years ago when this started? And did President Tough Guy put his foot down with those dastardly Saudis or just bow to them? And what role has Iran played in this conflict?

[​IMG]

JamesRussler and Seaside like this.
  9. 44nutman

44nutman Red Belt

[​IMG]

10. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

Trump bowed to receive a medal, Obama bowed to show deference.

Goonerview and JamesRussler like this.
  11. Rational Poster

Rational Poster Scourge of the War Room

<Dany07>

Gandhi likes this.
  12. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

You've always seemed to be pretty informed in regards to the Middle East.

What are your thoughts on this civil war and US involvement?

HomerThompson likes this.
  13. Fluffernutter

Fluffernutter Black Belt

With 70% of the population under 30, high unemployment, economic inequality, and a generation that is not used to war, could the blowback be internal?

What happens when we are on year ten of this campaign and Saudi mothers are no longer willing to send their boys off to Yemen?

14. jrams

jrams Black Belt

Yemen treats women like shit. They are/were routinely the worst offender for women's rights in the world. They have a terrible track record with child marriages. They have a terrible track record with human trafficking. Just an awful country even before any of this war. I feel bad for the people struggling, but the entire country needs a reboot.

JamesRussler likes this.
  15. JamesRussler

JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy

You wanted to bring something to the public's attention regarding violence in Yemen. I am a member of the public. I commented on the matter which you described in the OP. I am not "trolling" your thread. I have merely stated a point of view which you disagree with.

BigDickRick and faustian like this.
  16. Brazilian HKD

Brazilian HKD Brown Belt

C'mon, man , look beyond partizanship. This is more than only Trumps fault

Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia has targeted Yemen’s Shia Houthi militias and their allies, loyalists of former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who two years ago seized the Yemeni capital Sanaa by force. Several months later, they drove the Saudi-backed President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile. When Saudi King Salman announced the intervention in Yemen—an intervention the kingdom has painted as a proxy war with Iran, its regional foe—the White House immediately authorized a support package that included intelligence-sharing and logistical support for military operations. That package has seen the United States deliver more than 40 million pounds of fuel to Saudi jets over the past 18 months, according to U.S. Central Command. The Saudis would be crippled without direct U.S. military assistance, particularly aerial refueling, which continues unabated.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/09/yemen-saudi-arabia-obama-riyadh/501365/

I know it feels better to blame the other side ( that may or not have been worse). But in all honesty this is an American problem in more than just one party/president.

BigDickRick and MadSquabbles500 like this.
  17. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

Perhaps and that raises a point I hadn't thought of, but that's wildly dependent on how the war is going in Yemen in ten years. They just bought a shitload of weapons from the USA.

Fluffernutter likes this.
  18. Zankou

Zankou Muscle and Hate Staff Member Senior Moderator

The war is terrible, and there’s probably not much to be done to fix things, but the Saudis are only aggravating the situation. The US doesn’t seem to be making a real difference in the war besides providing public support for the Saudi campaign. I’m not really under illusions about the US having much impact either way, but it’s an immoral war and there’s no reason for the US to be involved besides placating the Saudis.

19. PolishHeadlock

PolishHeadlock Putin Belt Platinum Member

Do you have any good articles you think are worth reading on the situation outside of the OP?

20. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt

Yes, didn't you hear. He let women drive, so of course he is progressive.

This is definitely not an example of how social progressive issues are used to distract from things that actually matter.

luckyshot and Fluffernutter like this.