Apocalyptic Numbers: The Saudi-Trump War on Yemen

Hmmm.. how come SA is fighting tooth and nail against investigations into their role in 9/11? How come they're drastically spreading radical doctrine preached through Saudi backed Imams throughout the globe?

oh they are guilty but they dont have nukes yet. that all i saying. i think some people dislike Trump so strong even if his administration is doing right thing like on north korea they will just instead blame trump or sympathise north korea. that all

If Iran is supporting the Yemeni struggle, fuck yeah Iran.

iran is russias saudi arabia basically. it not innocent to be fair. nobody should be there ´friend´´ at best you use them like russians and sort of chinese do.

captura-de-pantalla-2015-03-31-a-las-18-41-53.png

The US is just an awful, evil nation when it comes to the Middle East.

I dont know why. People bitch about Trump congratulating Putin for its sham elections but Obama was congratulating El-Sisi who butchered 600 peaceful protestors over his sham election.

iran is russias saudi arabia basically. it not innocent to be fair. nobody should be there ´friend´´ at best you use them like russians and sort of chinese do.

captura-de-pantalla-2015-03-31-a-las-18-41-53.png

In what universe did I imply they were innocent? I'm pointing out that supporting the struggle of the Yemeni people is a whole lot better than the US supporting the Saudis.

If they could help the Yemenis smuggle bombs into Saudi Arabia to take out some barracks or police stations then I'll give Iran an old fashioned fist bump.

The total number of people in need of humanitarian assistance in Yemen is 22.2 million – or 76% of the population – including 11.3 million children.

The Saudis and allies have hit Yemen with 15,000 airstrikes.

5,000 children have been killed.

8,700 civilians have been killed

50,000 civilians have been wounded

1.9 million children are not in school, and both sides have recruited children, some as young as ten, as fighters

11.3 million children need humanitarian assistance, with many on the verge of going hungry.

All in all, 22.2 million Yemenis of all ages need humanitarian assistance, 3/4s of the population.

There have been a million cholera cases and there is the threat of another outbreak.

All of that is heartbreaking. If I could make it all stop, I would – all out of the goodness of my heart.

But I would not do so out of apology, because in the age of the internet, everyone knows that violence is a way of life in the Middle East. None of this is the fault of the USA. There were wars, genocides, coups, uprisings, and invasions of all sorts in the Middle East long before the USA ever came into existence. In fact, the Yemeni locals themselves have perpetrated plenty of atrocities (i.e. not just the government). Ever wonder why there are only 3000 Christians and 50 Jews left in Yemen? It's because the locals killed them or drove them out! The Houthis have actually promised to exterminate all of the remaining Jews, a proclamation met with much acclaim by the local non-Jewish population. If you did an honest accounting for atrocities of the Yemeni population over the years, you'd find that they killed alot more than the figures you cited above. And unlike the clueless citizens of the USA, who carry blame vicariously for the covert actions of their government, many Yemeni citizens have blood on their hands. At the end of the day, the Yemenis built Yemen into what it is. They are living with the consequences of their collective choices. The same is true in Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Syria, and all other "countries" in the Middle East (except perhaps Iraq, arguably, for now).

So long story short, I don't feel responsible for the fact that 3/4 of Yemenis need foreign assistance. Maybe the Yemenis shouldn't have driven out commerce and destroyed infrastructure. Maybe the Yemenis shouldn't have embraced those warlord figures over those diplomats. Maybe they should stop supporting Sharia law. There are probably a million things Yemenis should do instead of blaming the USA, the UK, and Saudi Arabi (I am no fan of the Saudis btw). Let's "put some eyes" on those things for a few decades, eh?

All of that is heartbreaking. If I could make it all stop, I would – all out of the goodness of my heart.

But I would not do so out of apology, because in the age of the internet, everyone knows that violence is a way of life in the Middle East. None of this is the fault of the USA. There were wars, genocides, coups, uprisings, and invasions of all sorts in the Middle East long before the USA ever came into existence. In fact, the Yemeni locals themselves have perpetrated plenty of atrocities (i.e. not just the government). Ever wonder why there are only 3000 Christians and 50 Jews left in Yemen? It's because the locals killed them or drove them out! The Houthis have actually promised to exterminate all of the remaining Jews, a proclamation met with much acclaim by the local non-Jewish population. If you did an honest accounting for atrocities of the Yemeni population over the years, you'd find that they killed alot more than the figures you cited above. And unlike the clueless citizens of the USA, who carry blame vicariously for the covert actions of their government, many Yemeni citizens have blood on their hands. At the end of the day, the Yemenis built Yemen into what it is. They are living with the consequences of their collective choices. The same is true in Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Syria, and all other "countries" in the Middle East (except perhaps Iraq, arguably, for now).

So long story short, I don't feel responsible for the fact that 3/4 of Yemenis need foreign assistance. Maybe the Yemenis shouldn't have driven out commerce and destroyed infrastructure. Maybe the Yemenis shouldn't have embraced those warlord figures over those diplomats. Maybe they should stop supporting Sharia law. There are probably a million things Yemenis should do instead of blaming the USA, the UK, and Saudi Arabi (I am no fan of the Saudis btw). Let's "put some eyes" on those things for a few decades, eh?

Fucking lulz at washing US hands clean of all this. The US ruined Iraq, ruined Iran, ruined Afghanistan, ruined Libya, supports the genocide of the Yemenis through arms, support and money but noooo blame the poor people who were tired of corrupt officials taking everything while they starved?

Pray tell me why the US should be supporting killing 5000 children in a one sided slaughter.

Tell me bruh, why do you think the CIA said 9/11 was blowback?

Fucking lulz at washing US hands clean of all this. The US ruined Iraq, ruined Iran, ruined Afghanistan, ruined Libya, supports the genocide of the Yemenis through arms, support and money but noooo blame the poor people who were tired of corrupt officials taking everything while they starved?

Pray tell me why the US should be supporting killing 5000 children in a one sided slaughter.

Ok so being where we are today, what is your solution going forward? What’s the move that doesn’t have blowback against America in the future from the Middle East or some other unforeseen repercussion?

"The Saudi Trump War on Yemen"
Three years ago...in 2015...when Trump wasn't president
You mean the Saudi-United States war on Yemen?

Now I won't do what Trumptards do and solely blame Obama, but I also won't pretend that he didn't play a role. It was his administration that enabled SA in the first place.

Nice partisanship though.

Ok so being where we are today, what is your solution going forward? What’s the move that doesn’t have blowback against America in the future from the Middle East or some other unforeseen repercussion?

I think we're in too deep but let me just drum up possible alternatives.

I think a drastic energy overhaul towards renewable would help, cutting our oil dependency would help take these warlords turned billionares off their pedestals. I think helping create an independent Kurdistan would be good to show the world we're not completely backstabbing cunts, dial back aid to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and Israel. Cool tensions with Iran, work with NATO more on actual peacekeeping and quite possibly revoke Turkeys NATO status if they continue their aggression.

Granted I haven't really had time to think about an overall picture, but fanning the flames of war and pursuing tried and true failures isn't working.

"The Saudi Trump War on Yemen"
You mean the Saudi-United States war on Yemen?

Now I won't do what Trumptards do and solely blame Obama, but I also won't pretend that he didn't play a role. It was his administration that enabled SA in the first place.

Nice partisanship though.
It's literally the title of the article I included in the OP. I almost changed it, just for this reason, but just decided to copy and paste it as my thread title. Way to miss the point of this thread by being a little bitch.

The US is just an awful, evil nation when it comes to the Middle East.

I dont know why. People bitch about Trump congratulating Putin for its sham elections but Obama was congratulating El-Sisi who butchered 600 peaceful protestors over his sham election.

How could you not know why?

It's literally the title of the article I included in the OP. I almost changed it, just for this reason, but just decided to copy and paste it as my thread title. Way to miss the point of this thread by being a little bitch.
You should have.

It's impossible for any rational person to take an article seriously when the headline is designed to misinform and obfuscate.

The Yemeni war is a United States foreign policy problem, not any one president's problem.

By now, most Americans have the understanding that people like yourself will blame the USA no matter what. We are also realizing that there is no "blowback" if we simply stop allowing extremists to travel here in the first place. As I already explained, Yemen loves its warlords and Sharia law, so I am not surprised to find out that 5000 Yemeni kids died in an armed conflict in that country (I am sure those Yemeni guerrilla groups bear no blame whatsoever). That is very sad. But 5000 American kids probably died today from cancer, drunk drivers, food poisoning, dog bites, and other hazards, and this is a peaceful country where people generally follow the law and refrain from killing each other. Do you feel bad for those kids? Of course not, because it's not your problem. Likewise, Yemen's ongoing violence is not our problem, no matter how much you want it to be.

By now, most Americans have the understanding that people like yourself will blame the USA no matter what. We are also realizing that there is no "blowback" if we simply stop allowing extremists to travel here in the first place. As I already explained, Yemen loves its warlords and Sharia law, so I am not surprised to find out that 5000 Yemeni kids died in an armed conflict in that country (I am sure those Yemeni guerrilla groups bear no blame whatsoever). That is very sad. But 5000 American kids probably died today from cancer, drunk drivers, food poisoning, dog bites, and other hazards, and this is a peaceful country where people generally follow the law and refrain from killing each other. Do you feel bad for those kids? Of course not, because it's not your problem. Likewise, Yemen's ongoing violence is not our problem, no matter how much you want it to be.

Holy shit how is this a peaceful country? School shootings, church shootings, gang violence. Several of our cities are incredibly dangerous. Chicago, Trenton, New Orleans, St Louis etc etc (and I love all those cities outside of Trenton as I've never been, but there's plenty of sketch to be found)

Holy shit how is Yemeni slaughter not our problem when you and I are paying for it? That blood is on our hands, but at least I acknowledge it.

Tell me if this sounds familiar.

It was only after the Russians bombed Afghanistan back into the stone age and suffered a Vietnam-like defeat, and we turned our backs on the death and destruction we had helped cause, that he turned against us. The last straw as far as bin Laden was concerned was that, after the Gulf War, we based “infidel” American troops in Saudi Arabia to prop up its decadent, fiercely authoritarian regime. Ever since, bin Laden has been attempting to bring the things the CIA taught him home to the teachers. On September 11, he appears to have returned to his deadly project with a vengeance.
https://www.thenation.com/article/blowback/

As to trying to play at my emotions, I support curing cancer, I support punishing drunk drivers, I almost died from a dog attack when I was 2 and I've had reconstructive surgery so I'm real goddamn supportive of people being responsible dog owners, I support removing hazards that are harmful to children. I also support not fucking supporting a war against a civilian population with our tax dollars.

Also fun fact bro.

In 2016 the US had 3.85 gun deaths per 100,000
Yemen had.....1.43! So your little painting of the Yemeni people as these backwards murdering savages was actually less than the US, what might that tell you?

Back