"Apartment Patty" and similar stories of alleged racism are nonsense and need to stop

I don’t know why y’all waste time debating with @IamStryker. In his world these incidents weren’t racist and White People had every right to call the cops on Black People for doing ordinary things such as having BBQ’s, jogging and gardening.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he called the cops on random black people himself.

You: "Sometimes women are suspicious of me because I'm male and men are more dangerous."

Me: "Do you have any evidence?"

You: "I said men are more dangerous."

Me: "Okay, well what evidence do you need for racism?"

You: "Someone shouting racial slurs, maybe her participating at rallies, stuff like that."

You've completely lost consistency in your argument. It's clear that you don't actually believe what you're saying, you're just arguing as an exercise. Cool, but I don't have much interest in doing that.

wtf? You're giving me quotes I don't even remember saying and aren't in the what you actually quote at all. I thought you were the one looking for an honest discussion here and yet you keep strawmanning me. Please only respond to what I actually say. Discussions are much smoother that way.

I don’t know why y’all waste time debating with @IamStryker. In his world these incidents weren’t racist and White people had every right to call the cops on black people for doing ordinary things such as having BBQ’s, jogging and gardening.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he called the cops on random black people himself.

You could ask me what I think instead of putting words in my mouth.

This kind of stuff has been going on forever, but now with everyone having access to smartphones bigots are being exposed.

The fact TS is upset about this shows his true colors.

I already what know you really think. It’s obvious from your defense of these idiots calling the cops and harassing blacks doing ordinary things.

Didn't know you were psychic. As you have made judgments on what I think about other situations that I haven't even commented on. You think that is fair?

This kind of stuff has been going on forever, but now with everyone having access to smartphones bigots are being exposed.

The fact TS is upset about this shows his true colors.

I'm arguing for people being innocent until proven guilty. Wow that's so horrible. It's like this forum has nothing but retarded children in it.

You're making assumptions. She was following the protocol of where she lived.

I never said anything was perfectly equal between these stories. I would say that one is worse. I am making the point that making large claims about someone with no real evidence is wrong. I would think that would be an agreeable position from people wanting real justice in the world.

It's not a reasonable conclusion. Any reasonable person would read the original story and see how skewed it is to one side. It was clearly made to bring race into the equation, not give any of the woman's side, and didn't have details like her being married to a black man. Every part of the story she was following her apartments protocol was completely reasonable. That guy should know the protocol as well and simply and either let himself in or politely introduced himself and showed his key. What she did at the door was not harassment but he got very upset about it.

Never said they were the same.

That isn't reasonable at all. You think one story of racism means that we should assume racism in all disputes? Terrible idea.

Didn't duck anything. I go stretches of not posting at all so I didn't see it.

The building’s management requested the protocol for tenents entering the apartment they rented with their keys to be “call the police?” Source where you found this to be their protocol?

The building’s management requested the protocol for tenents entering the apartment they rented with their keys to be “call the police?” Source where you found this to be their protocol?

I was talking about the confrontation at the door. There has been no mention anywhere why she called the police. What she had done up to that point isn't a big deal so I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that she is racist over calling the police especially when I don't have any information regarding that part of the story.

It was a controlled entry building and residents are not suppose to let people in they don't know.

It doesn't matter if they are white, black, yellow, green or any race or color or whatever.

If I lived there I would do the same thing no matter their color.

In other words if I didn't know them I would close the door and make them let themselves in with their pass key or code.

If they tried to push past me physically I would consider that assault and take appropriate action.
What would the appropriate action be?

If she was so worried about it she shouldn't have caused the "security risk" in the first place.

You know that bitch called the cops anyway tho right?

She told them she didnt feel safe.

If that aint textbook white womaning then I dont know what is.

How the fuck are you ok with people using the police as proxy's for their personal prejudices?

That aint american at all.
White lady felt so unsafe she made herself a physical barrier then got in an elevator with Mr. Dangerous. I know if I feel like someone is dangerous the first thing I wanna do is get in a confined space with them

I was talking about the confrontation at the door. There has been no mention anywhere why she called the police. What she had done up to that point isn't a big deal so I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that she is racist over calling the police especially when I don't have any information regarding that part of the story.

No mention anywhere you say?

All I had to do was Google "Apartment Patty" and read one article for 15 seconds to find mention of why she called the police. From both the guy she followed when he asked the police and the police themselves. But I guess you missed that since is comes from a really small local paper by the name if the New York Times.

"Mr. Toles said on Sunday that about 30 minutes after he got into his unit, a police officer knocked on his door and told him that Ms. Mueller felt “uncomfortable” about Mr. Toles being there. He said he told the officer that he was renting the unit and that he had shown Ms. Mueller his key fob.

Ms. Mueller could not be reached to comment. The Metropolitan Police Department in St. Louis said in an email on Monday that it responded to a 911 call that “was made because the caller did not know if the male subject was a tenant.”"

What would the appropriate action be?

If she was so worried about it she shouldn't have caused the "security risk" in the first place.

White lady felt so unsafe she made herself a physical barrier then got in an elevator with Mr. Dangerous. I know if I feel like someone is dangerous the first thing I wanna do is get in a confined space with them

See my other post I answered this.

Maybe morans should stop being morons

It’s hilarious

Ms. Mueller could not be reached to comment. The Metropolitan Police Department in St. Louis said in an email on Monday that it responded to a 911 call that “was made because the caller did not know if the male subject was a tenant.”"

Well there ya go. She didn't know if he was a tenant and she didn't like that he got in the building by pushing his way in. I don't really like how she handled it and she should have just let it go but this isn't a mind blowing dispute where you know for sure that she was motivated by racism.

Maybe she thought someone gave him a key to the apartment so that he could visit them but he couldn't get into the building on his own so she called the police because she thought he was violating the rules of the complex and was therefore trespassing.

For decades the show COPS would show black people in the worst light possible. You would see maybe one white person throughout the whole show. They might not have named them “welfare Wanda” or “drug dealer dwantae” but the show was clearly slanted in a way to make black people look as bad as possible.

Wow, a whole 16 episodes? Out of at least 1050 recorded episodes of cops over 23 years. That is what is called an invalid study, with findings that suited what they wanted it to determine.

Out of the thousands of episodes, every walk of life is depicted on that show. But it is a tv show, and only the most interesting events are going to be shown. No one would watch cops responding to false alarms, barking dogs, or regular rear ended car accidents. Viewers want the action, they want the juicy stuff, which means high crime areas-areas with loads of drugs, which means loads of violence. They want car pursuits and shootings. Gee, where are we going to find that? Hmmm, let’s go ride along in a two man department in nowhere rural town USA? Nope, gritty urban areas is where the action and good television lies. It is not the fault of the tv show, nor the cops that all the juicy stuff happens in the hood. It’s time to blame the actual criminal assholes that are causing the crime, not the show filming the officers responding to these calls. I have one issue with the show, and that is that the officers featured probably feel expected to get arrests and find interesting stuff to film, and some officers probably know right where to look to find the crime. I know exactly where I would take a tv show if they were filming me. We would be crawling in the downtown area where hookers dwell, and in the hood areas to get some drugs and make arrests.

And having watched over a hundred or so episodes(probably more) I have seen more than just black people being arrested, or filmed.

And finally, do you really want to play the statistic game with me? African Americans make up around 13% of the population, yet are over 50% of the victims(52) with 90% of those victims being killed by other blacks. The overall numbers are that more blacks are killed every year than whites, and this does not even take into account where the suspect is not known-but often it is a pretty logical guess depending on the race of the victims and where it occurred.

So don’t try to tell me about crime stats based on a study of 16 episodes of cops.

And if you want a conservative estimation of crime numbers, this was one of the more favorable articles in terms of fairness to race and crime statistics. https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/race-and-homicide-in-america-by-the-numbers

Well there ya go. She didn't know if he was a tenant and she didn't like that he got in the building by pushing his way in. I don't really like how she handled it and she should have just let it go but this isn't a mind blowing dispute where you know for sure that she was motivated by racism.

Maybe she thought someone gave him a key to the apartment so that he could visit them but he couldn't get into the building on his own so she called the police because she thought he was violating the rules of the complex and was therefore trespassing.
You jump through more hoops than an abused dolphin.

Leftist SJW's who put out these stories and support them are making the world a much worse place to live. These people need to pull their heads out of their collective asses and use some common sense instead of trying to hurt people over these minor one sided situations.

Here is the perfect example of what I am talking about. The "Apartment Patty" story put out not long ago. It makes for a great headline WHITE WOMAN DENIES BLACK MAN ENTRY INTO HIS OWN APARTMENT COMPLEX. It assumes racism and gives a very skewed version of what happened. These headlines go out and this woman loses her job. People of course assme that she is racist and only cared so much about whether this guy legitimately lived there because he is a black man and she is scared of him. Then you find out this lady is married to a black man. Maybe she's racist against her own husband?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/apa...ering-building-defends-actions-164738743.html

She probably shouldn't have followed him up to his door but all he had to do was politely show her his key. What I am mostly against here is how these stories are released only with the one side and then far later when the public has made their decision does the other side get to tell their version of what happened.

Here is one of the reports from a few days ago.

https://www.indy100.com/article/bla...-white-woman-watch-viral-video-racism-8584806
Her black husband (estranged but still legally married) helps explain the "she wants the D" vibe that a lot of people got from the video. ;)

More from the article

"The St. Louis resident sat down with a reporter from local station KTVI for a televised interview, in which she said, “So when I noticed an individual that I did not know, my only intent was to follow the direction that I had been given by our condo association board members repeatedly — and that is to never allow access to any individual that you do not know.”"

"Thornton said since she didn’t recognize Toles, she asked him to show her a key fob to prove he lived there, but he refused."

and last but not least

"But a fellow resident at the Elder Shirt Lofts building, Lynn Schlosser, commends Thornton’s actions. Asked if she’d have done the same thing, Schlosser says, “I do it all the time. I’ve had even UPS drivers, FedEx, and they’ll stand there … and I’ll say, ‘I’m not gonna even let you in. Unless you buzz the resident you’re going to or have your code.’ It’s in order to protect everyone that lives there.” Schlosser said she was mugged one year ago right at that very door."

I smell a lawsuit.
A lawsuit against whom? She isn't being punished by the building's management. And her company had a legal right to fire her. She has zero ground for a lawsuit against anybody. And it's not like she has Donald Trump money where she can file frivolous lawsuits left and right as a nuisance to people who caused offense, so...

Back