AP: How to know if your child is transgender

A question for everyone here. (serious one, not trolling, setting up for ambushes)

as a parent, (or if you were a parent) how would you respond/react to your children stating that they wanted to be the opposite sex...or participated in activities of the opposite sex?

let's say your child is 10 years old.

Tell them to stop being silly. Tell them theyre a boy/girl and thats not what boys/girls do. The will understand.

A question for everyone here. (serious one, not trolling, setting up for ambushes)

as a parent, (or if you were a parent) how would you respond/react to your children stating that they wanted to be the opposite sex...or participated in activities of the opposite sex?

I would just ignore it and it would solve itself over time

If they insist I'd probably beat the shit out of them and ban internet in the house.

I wonder how many of these parents sees their kid trying out a different article of clothing and they convince the child that they are trans. If you give them hormones, eventually they will feel like the opposite gender.

I tried on my moms shoes when I was a kid specifically because I knew I wasn't supposed to since I was a boy. If my mom was a 21st century idiot and caught me doing that, who knows where my life could have ended up. Since pre-teens are getting hormones you're changing them forever.

Nonsense. Parents should definitely be pushing all kinds of shit on their kids. It's called raising them. And when a kid hits the age of majority, and often well before, they can pick and choose which shit their parents pushed on them to accept.

By pushing things on their kids, I meant the trans thing. I don't mean normal values.

The slippery slope is real and """progressives""" know that which is why they keep pushing for "minor" issues, it's so they can push to the next and the next and eventually reach what they really want

I don't think 'slippery slope' is really the right term, because it implies unintended consequences.

There is a focused and well financed political agenda behind all this LGBT stuff, so it is more of 'They will not stop'

So if someone has a blueprint to build a house, is it a 'slippery slope' when they pour the foundation, in terms of if they are going to build walls, and then build floors, and then build a roof, and put in wiring, etc? Not a slippery slope. Just a progression taken to its deliberate end.

"If we let them pour the foundation, they are going to build walls!" - yeah, no shit..

Last edited:
My 20 month old child screamed at me. I put her in a beautiful purple skirt and she said, "DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!"

I dun goof'd

Licensed doctors have already begun giving prepubescent children hormone blockers if they want them, so this does not shock me in the least.

The slope done slipped.

These drugs and treatments also make you infertile. I'm just waiting for this generation of kids to grow up and sue their parents/doctors/teachers for turning them into mentally disturbed, physical wrecks. It's beyond fucked up.

My 20 month old child screamed at me. I put her in a beautiful purple skirt and she said, "DID YOU JUST ASSUME MY GENDER?!"

I dun goof'd

I was watching Trump's inaugeration with my 2 year old, and he looked up at me and said "How could this happen, dad? He is going to oppress the LGBTQ and take away our healtcare. Can I get estrogen treatments now before he is able to work with Congress and repeal Obamacare?". We cried together, and I took him for estrogen treatments and a boob job the next day.

Schoolyard bully: "You don't wanna play football? You want to wear your hair long, you like the colour pink?? You're a fuckin little girl! You're a girl!!"

Gender clinicians, pharmaceutical industry, education system, mass media, left-of-centre politicians:
iu

I was watching Trump's inaugeration with my 2 year old, and he looked up at me and said "How could this happen, dad? He is going to oppress the LGBTQ and take away our healtcare. Can I get estrogen treatments now before he is able to work with Congress and repeal Obamacare?". We cried together, and I took him for estrogen treatments and a boob job the next day.
IMG_2005.jpg

Well if that happened, that would mean my kid was probably sexually abused at a younger age. Or someone cross dressed them and cause him some emotional issues.

So I'd figure out if one or both of those happened and get him some counseling to deal with it. Also counsel him spiritually. Then make sure I'm the best father I can be to prepare him to be a hard working, and productive man by the time he's 18-20 yrs old.

How can a parent know if their child is transgender? What separates a young boy who might be transgender from one with a vivid imagination who likes to dress up in his sister’s dresses? What do you do if your daughter tells you she’s a boy?

The Associated Press spoke to gender experts to answer some of parents’ most commonly asked questions.

___

MY SON LIKES TO WEAR DRESSES. IS THIS A PHASE OR SOMETHING MORE?

800.jpeg

This is not a joke....
https://apnews.com/fff654e8f2914798...your-child-is-transgender?-Here-are-some-tips

We laughed at old conservatives that said this was the slippery slope we were headed with the LGBT community.

"You're not laughing now are you?"
I'm laughing at you... so yes? Fuck get over the transgender hatred. It's such a small segment of the population is it really worth the effort of your bigoted idiocy?

Name the top 3 historical names associated with Eugenics.
I don't know; probably Francis Dalton John Dewey?.

What I do know is up until eugenics was thoroughly discredited in the 40s it was a very commonly and enthusiastically supported by progressives of a very wide range, everyone from Margaret Sanger to George Bernard Shaw. Or you know, John Dewey. There is nothing historically controversial about it.

How can a parent know if their child is transgender? What separates a young boy who might be transgender from one with a vivid imagination who likes to dress up in his sister’s dresses? What do you do if your daughter tells you she’s a boy?

The Associated Press spoke to gender experts to answer some of parents’ most commonly asked questions.

___

MY SON LIKES TO WEAR DRESSES. IS THIS A PHASE OR SOMETHING MORE?

800.jpeg

This is not a joke....
https://apnews.com/fff654e8f2914798...your-child-is-transgender?-Here-are-some-tips

We laughed at old conservatives that said this was the slippery slope we were headed with the LGBT community.

Are you transgender?

Yup, still laughing. Mostly now because you guys seem to get transgender and homosexuality confused and interchanged a lot.

Easy, they're not. They only become transgender by enabling parents. Pretty much everyone went through this phase. But back then our parents actually know how to parent and we didn't have this fancy technology we have nowadays.

Also, just because your son likes to wear dresses, doesn't mean they are a girl. It's only in our culture that women wear dresses. These kids don't know any better. Honestly, dresses are much more fashionable and easier to put on. Lazy kids be lazy. Just tell him that only girls wear dress. If he says he wants to be a girl then you say no you can't cuz your a boy. And that should be it.

Too bad for our advance technology though.

"For critics who question whether preschool-age kids should be allowed to “socially transition,” Ehrensaft says: “We expect a 2-year-old to know ‘I am boy. I am girl.’ So why can’t that also apply to transgender children?”"

lmao at expecting a 2 year old to know the difference. I didn't know women didn't have a penis until grade school.

Back