Aoki vs Wiratchai From Last Weekend

Bobby Boulders

My Lovin' Is Digi
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have a pic of Wiratchai from the aftermath? I've never seen an arm that was covered in blood like Aoki's was after this fight.

This was the first time Wiratchai, who is a solid fighter, has been finished in his career. Can't believe Aoki made it look so easy.

Does anyone have a pic of Wiratchai from the aftermath? I've never seen an arm that was covered in blood like Aoki's was after this fight.

This was the first time Wiratchai, who is a solid fighter, has been finished in his career. Can't believe Aoki made it look so easy.

So apparently Aoki doesn't punch like a girl anymore? (timestamped)

So apparently Aoki doesn't punch like a girl anymore? (timestamped)
Shinya_Aoki_vs._Antonio_McKee_3_medium.gif

Aoki crushed Mckee with a lead hook.

Aoki has improved his striking skills over the years, but has never put them all together sadly.
You see flash of goodness here and there, but also straight up horrid striking IQ.

Aoki has improved his striking skills over the years, but has never put them all together sadly.
You see flash of goodness here and there, but also straight up horrid striking IQ.
When he fought Eddie in Bellator it was so bad lol

those punches thrown like that are like hammers. Fedor throws em all the time. Probably the best with them but Aoki didn’t look to bad there.
Casting punches and Vovchanchyn was very successful with them as well.

The problem is I'd say that early Aoki got away with it a bit more by being so agile, the JZ match(well the rematch) comes to mind with those crazy flying guard pulls.

Personally my view is that its actually ultra aggressive sub fighters that tend to decline most with age as they depend most strongly on mobility.

The problem is I'd say that early Aoki got away with it a bit more by being so agile, the JZ match(well the rematch) comes to mind with those crazy flying guard pulls.

Personally my view is that its actually ultra aggressive sub fighters that tend to decline most with age as they depend most strongly on mobility.
Aoki is interesting cos he actually became more of a "traditional" BJJ fighter over time, going for TDs and top position. In Dream, he was huge on guard pulls and relied on his freakish flexibility but I think changed his style probably after realising it was fairly ineffective against guys as good as him in BJJ (eg Shaolin and more importantly Gil Melendez). Possibly also realised that it doesn't take much to KO him

He seems to prefer top position more now but still has a hard time with opponents who can outmuscle him (Askren, Folayang)

Last edited:
Back