Anyone work in a Hedge Fund? Banking bros GTFIH.

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I am going to be interviewed by the CEO of a startup hedge fund after barely passing my first two interviews with HR and the CIO. It is for an Analyst job, helping traders buy and sell assets (stocks, forex, crypto).

What can I do to be as best of a candidate as I can be? I have been researching on how Hedge Funds work, technical analyses of securities and market trends. I am in the process of writing a 3-5 page essay to gather what I have learned and thoughts on what I can offer for this role. Is it a good idea to bring this essay to the interview or is that what a dickweed does?

I am more of a software analyst/tech support by background, although this company seems pretty keen on hiring career-shifters. And even if I don't get the job, I would like to learn as much as possible about this field to be better equipped in making investments.

Cliffs:
-Help Staff Sergeant get promoted to Technical Sergeant on the way to Master Sergeant

Last edited:
I am going to interview for the CEO of a startup hedge fund

o5ECfhL.gif

Why are you going to help cause another financial crisis on a global scale, bribe gubment to go attack another, and all those other shady things shadow banks are colloquially known for?

Why you sell your soul for money?

Why are you going to help cause another financial crisis on a global scale, bribe gubment to go attack another, and all those other shady things shadow banks are colloquially known for?

Why you sell your soul for money?

giphy.gif

TBF, this is what I also thought hedge funds did. But upon research, they help Pension Funds increase their portfolio and mitigate risk. I don't think hedge fund people are reptilians, or if they are, someone illuminate me on this subject.

edit- This guy basically says Hedge Funds are where Investment Bankers go to if they are actually any good because Investment Banks typically just use algorithmic trading to make money, the rest of the work is acting as a marketing agency.

Last edited:
Only bring a blank notebook to the interview along with any documentation they may want. Act like you really know about hedge funds without needing a cheat sheet.

Also good luck, hedge funds are not easy to work for, but they are very interesting in they can do a lot more unorthodox types of trades.

The first thing you want to do, is make sure you speak to a man. That should take care of everything else.

Id think data analysis would be what they are looking for. But just guessing really. Reread the add.
What are the particular skills you bring to the table? Anyone can say they will work hard.
Do you have an actively managed portfolio that has returned well above the market?

Hedge funds are good and bad like any company. They do encourage management of companies to prioritise short term gain over long term interests of the company. But they also give investors some protection in both up and down markets. Well not protection but their returns aren't tied to capital markets so provide a diversifier affect.

giphy.gif

TBF, this is what I also thought hedge funds did. But upon research, they help Pension Funds increase their portfolio and mitigate risk. I don't think hedge fund people are reptilians, or if they are, someone illuminate me on this subject.

edit- This guy basically says Hedge Funds are where Investment Bankers go to if they are actually any good because Investment Banks typically just use algorithmic trading to make money, the rest of the work is acting as a marketing agency.

yes, I pretty sure now that is how all hedge funds big wigs made all that money, by helping retirees, and mitigating risk

<Dany07> <Dany07> <Dany07>

I just fucking with you dude, this the berry

Hedge Funds, Private Equity, I-banks to me are really all just the same thing. There is less difference between them than say I-banks, and retail banks.

Also good luck, hedge funds are not easy to work for, but they are very interesting in they can do a lot more unorthodox types of trades.

Or these trades can describe as involving a lot more of your friends so you can move around more money, thereby give yourself more money. Of course everyone at that rung of the socio-economic ladder, has a huge ego, and will want certain demands/stipulations met, and making the whole thing rather "complex".

Why that one in particular?

Because it's not a "hedge funds for dummies" book. It's technical in nature and covers the structure & math behind a lot of the finance products that hedge funds use to hedge their positions. For instance, if you don't understand why the natural state of a futures market is backwardation (yes, the math proves this), you have no business being in a hedge fund that's dicking around in the futures markets.

Back