Anyone with some Insider Info know if Darren Till is a right handed southpaw?

Some of the greatest fighters ever in both boxing and mma have been right handed southpaws........
I was always under the impression that the majority of southpaw fighters are right handed.

Btw, what about Anderson Silva? I always thought he was one these fighters but I didn't see anyone else mention him in this thread.

I was always under the impression that the majority of southpaw fighters are right handed.

Btw, what about Anderson Silva? I always thought he was one these fighters but I didn't see anyone else mention him in this thread.
i could see it

I’ve always done that. Feels more natural and I like to have the faster stronger jab out front. Also when grappling situations initiate I feel more stable tossing bitches around from that side.

My boy Rich Franklin, the goat of goats always did it too.

Point fighters lead with their strong hand. The description is misleading.

i like it as well. the only issue is you have to work on your left hand so it at least has some pop behind it if ur power hand is gonna be leading
Big time.

You have to learn all over again. Only thing that translate good for me while Im in southpaw stance is my jab with my right hand. Everything else feels weird.

Big time.

You have to learn all over again. Only thing that translate good for me while Im in southpaw stance is my jab with my right hand. Everything else feels weird.
yeah its cool havinf ur power hand lead like when you jab. but then ur power shot is weaker cuz ur left hand usually isnt as powerful as ur right

But then you become a one handed fighter because your off hand becomes ineffective in the rear and your dominant hand losses the steam it would have had since the dominant leg used to power it is now in front. Basically, you'll have no set-up punch and your power shot losses some power.

Only thing you could do is look for an opening. So if you have good timing, I suppose it'll get you far, but as you age and your reflexes dim, you'd wish you'd had good fundamentals. You'd also have a lack of defense, but I guess a good offense is a good defense in some cases.

No, you don't have a lack of defense, or a dead power hand, you have your harder, higher percentage punches coming from your dominant hand. Training makes all the difference in this instance, and if your trainer doesn't know you're a strong hand lead, and what you need to focus on because of it... you need a new trainer.

I am right handed, but due to my lazy eye, I have to shoot rifle as a lefty.

Back