Anyone who thinks Khabib vs Conor Is a sure thing Either way knows nothing about MMA

I think its a sure thing that if I were betting Id pick Khabib. But I do know Conor can get the KO. And I can see either winning. But Id still bet on Khabib.

I don't know, mang. Khabib's head is like two of Eddie's, and if Khabib can get to the clinch like chicken dancing Eddie did, then the whole complexion of the fight changes. Conor would need to turn his lights off early, as Khabib's grappling and clinch will sap Conor's energy and power.

It is the fight of the century IMO, but Khabib is justly the favorite and offers a whole host of issues that Conor is ill equipped to over come. If Conor could not KO Nate, Khabib, who has never been rocked or dropped, is gong to give you problems.

Conor has never fought a wrestler/grappler of Khabib's ability. Closest was Chad Mendes at 145 on 2 weeks notice. Really need to understand that Conor has no gas tank. He gets the early KO or he gets absolutely mauled or taps out quickly like he did against Nate (i.e. quit quickly before getting hurt). I put this fight at 85% - 15% Khabib.
Conor only gassed 1 time in mma at welterweight where he looked chubby he looked awesome against Eddie also 2 week notice bullshit again lol chad was on fucking steroids and he stated that he trained everyday anyway, chad wrestling>khabib

If you have fight IQ, experience and have any clue how to analyse fights, no.

probably not.

That is a tough fight for both guys.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand MMA very well.

That's the reality.

It’s either a clean KO for Conor catching Khabib recklessly hopping forward or Khabib beats the dogshit out of Conor after Conor gasses within 3 minutes beneath Khabib. This will not be a war. This is going to be a one sided victory for either one.

Edson gas crazy TDD and strength. Eddie and Frankie have acknowledged that almost nobody (themselves included) can take him down. Khabib had issues with the strength of Edson but near effortlessly got into position and maintained control.

As for Tibau, that was nearly 6 years ago, while Tibau was in his prime, juiced, much bigger, and before Khabib started training at AKA (he did not spar at all before joining AKA). The fight is completely irrelevant

I just haven't seen Conor display high level TDD in the clinch. I'm sure he'll do well but I think Khabib's chances of winning are better. 60-40 khabib is fair I think
Conor is just different.

I don't know, mang. Khabib's head is like two of Eddie's, and if Khabib can get to the clinch like chicken dancing Eddie did, then the whole complexion of the fight changes. Conor would need to turn his lights off early, as Khabib's grappling and clinch will sap Conor's energy and power.

It is the fight of the century IMO, but Khabib is justly the favorite and offers a whole host of issues that Conor is ill equipped to over come. If Conor could not KO Nate, Khabib, who has never been rocked or dropped, is gong to give you problems.

MJ had Khabib hurt. Khabib recovered very well though and can mostly likely ragdoll 90% of the division even when severely hurt. Conor can definitely sleep Khabib. I believe that’s the only way he can win tho.

Conor only gassed 1 time in mma at welterweight where he looked chubby he looked awesome against Eddie also 2 week notice bullshit again lol chad was on fucking steroids and he stated that he trained everyday anyway, chad wrestling>khabib
He gassed in both Diaz fights.

Lmao at Chad wrestling > khabib

MJ had Khabib hurt. Khabib recovered very well though and can mostly likely ragdoll 90% of the division even when severely hurt. Conor can definitely sleep Khabib. I believe that’s the only way he can win tho.
Lmao people still say khabib was hurt in the MJ fight? People on this forum believe Rogan to much

Conor has never slept an opponent of note other than Aldo. He’ll have to break Khabib’s will or in other words have him hurt and overwhelmed so badly that he’s out of the fight before it even started (like Alvarez). From what I’ve seen of Khabib, that’s just not likely. Khabib will walk through his strikes to the grappling and dominate him there.

Conor is the worst type of striker to pit against Khabib.

But I agree with the OP in the sense that most users here aren’t putting much thought into the match up, and just use their dislike for McGregor as the verdict. I’d love to be wrong and see Khabib fall to the Irishman.

there are no guaranteed wins in mma ever

this is what makes the sport so exciting

He gassed in both Diaz fights.

Lmao at Chad wrestling > khabib
both diaz fights were at welterweight also he gassed after clipping diaz a lot of times khabib won't take that punishment and khabib doesn't have diaz boxing, also yes chad>khabib

contrary to popular keyboard warrior / sherdog belief

upon greater scrutiny, that fight Is a pickem at best.

I could go In depth about this as I have In other posts. But I'm about to hit the club In like 5 mins, so I leave you with this.

I will say,

Sherdog..you don't know shit.

I think Khabib /Conor Is a 50/50 fight at best..but, I truly hope Conor just straight up knocks him out in september.

The sherdog Implosion would be glorious. There are so many people on this forum who would have to answer for their irrationality. It would be a powerful moment In sherdog history so I truly hope for that to happen.

That is all.

have a good night fam.

Edit:

on the real, this sort of Implosion has happened on sherdog before.; Conor beating Khabib and proving himself though would probably be the most powerful one we have seen in MMA history. I hope to see It because with all my soul and heart, I truly enjoy the basic bitches of the MMA fanbase being proven wrong and exposed for their lack of fight IQ.

Nothing makes me happier when It comes to MMA than to see simple / narrow minded fans be exposed and have to answer / make excuses for their lack of knowledge.

Let the games begin.

Bump this post when Conor defends. This will be one for the ages.

Lots of folk talk big about sure things, but no one mortgages their house to bet on these "sure things". Which would be the rational thing to do if you were 100% certain of an outcome.

I take the predictions of anyone who hasn't made a lot of money gambling on MMA with quite a few grains of salt (that includes myself btw); we enjoy making predictions, but its silly for anyone to believe them. Luckily most of us are smart enough not to believe our own predictions (ie we're smart enough not to bet everything we have on "sure things").

Lmao people still say khabib was hurt in the MJ fight? People on this forum believe Rogan to much

Rogan is wrong more often than right. I’ve watched it numerous times and it still looks like he rubber legged. Perhaps he just has piss poor footwork. Either being true, Conor sleeps him given that opportunity 98 times out of 100...and I cannot stand Conwhore.

Rogan is wrong more often than right. I’ve watched it numerous times and it still looks like he rubber legged. Perhaps he just has piss poor footwork. Either being true, Conor sleeps him given that opportunity 98 times out of 100...and I cannot stand Conwhore.
Conor won't be given that opportunity though, Conor won't be able to keep it on the feet that long.

Conor legit has 30 seconds to ko him or he's done.

Conor is just different.

Beautiful video. BJJ Scout knows his shit. Meanwhile the retards will still think it's going to be easy win for Khabib, LOL. Just ragdoll him! XD. Yer could luck closing the distance without getting caught by the left by a guy who has the level of accuracy and timing of Conor.

Khabib is going to get sniped every time he tries to close the distance and his sloppy striking that leaves his defense open is going to be a cake walk for an elite striker like Conor to catch him.

Conor won't be given that opportunity though, Conor won't be able to keep it on the feet that long.

Conor legit has 30 seconds to ko him or he's done.

Idk dude. I hope I’m wrong. I don’t like Khabibs set ups in this match up. As much as I can’t stand Conor he’s very precise in his striking even moving backwards. I’m sure he’s working different approaches after seeing the failures Of Alvarez and Aldo. I agree, Conor is proper fucked the second Khabib ties him up it’s just closing the distance is the point in which Khabib is in the most danger.

Idk dude. I hope I’m wrong. I don’t like Khabibs set ups in this match up. As much as I can’t stand Conor he’s very precise in his striking even moving backwards. I’m sure he’s working different approaches after seeing the failures Of Alvarez and Aldo. I agree, Conor is proper fucked the second Khabib ties him up it’s just closing the distance is the point in which Khabib is in the most danger.
Have you seen how far khabib can get the takedown from?

He knows with how bad conor gas tank is once he gets him down and keeps him there for 5 minutes Conor is finished.

Conor gassed 3 rounds into a fucking boxing match ffs. He has zero Cardio

Have you seen how far khabib can get the takedown from?

He knows with how bad conor gas tank is once he gets him down and keeps him there for 5 minutes Conor is finished.

Conor gassed 3 rounds into a fucking boxing match ffs. He has zero Cardio

I agree. This isn’t chad Mendes on top of him. Khabib demands so much work from his opponents on the bottom and yes, Khabibs takedowns are successful from a wide range of distances. That being said, Conor has some of the best fight ending power and crazy accuracy to go with it. Conor may be a one trick pony but that one trick has slept two champions and dropped fighters with very solid chins.

Conor is just different.

Scout himself admits that it an incomplete analysis and there are several issue with Conor TDD that he does not address.

Frames in general are not particularly good for defending low singles and and ankle picks but great for doubles and mid level TDs. This is shown in the AL fight. He managed to preemptively frame off of Khabib a few times but had issues stopping the low singles and the TD chain that followed them.

His defense is actually not that different from Al's. Both focus on stropping TDs from a distance and counter striking. Neither have shown to be particularly skilled at defending TDs in the clinch.

Last edited:
Back