Anyone who thinks Khabib vs Conor Is a sure thing Either way knows nothing about MMA

Conor has never fought a wrestler/grappler of Khabib's ability. Closest was Chad Mendes at 145 on 2 weeks notice. Really need to understand that Conor has no gas tank. He gets the early KO or he gets absolutely mauled or taps out quickly like he did against Nate (i.e. quit quickly before getting hurt). I put this fight at 85% - 15% Khabib.

I think its so funny watching you battle back and forth.. Its literally amazing.. Cause you go from Your far superior fighter IQ.. Right and Danaher... Literally changed the game of JJ.. And your like oh i don't give a shit about him.. lol like amazing.. Dude has soo much fight IQ that he changed the game of JJ and his fighters dominate it.. But nah nevermind him..

But the pro boxers and analyst and the Mcgregor fight.. Now I pay attention to them lol.. Funny how you pick and choose.. That fighter IQ is amazing guy..

I mean when you ignore some facts only to build a sided story you wanna hear. Look wasn't that what u bashed sherdog for.. Like and how you was far superior..

Like sure McGregor did good against Floyd.. Sure.. But he didn't knock him out, didn't knock out Diaz.. McGregor record boast losses to wrestling style ppl.. Besides the two idiots in Mendez and Alverez.. Who thought lets stand with this McGregor guy... We both have fair weak chins.. Like even Alverez admitted it after he lost to McGregor.. lol..

I'll even say Dude I was a big McGregor fan.. Till he quit fighting.. And then everyone just boast and brags on a guy that isn't fighting.. At least the Fedor ppl's champ is still fighting..

I mean this guy literally came in the game.. Hit some weak chins and got out before the competition stepped up.. Literally.. McGregor lacks alot.. Like Heart he has no heart at all.. You keep saying on Khabib is no finisher.. You don't have to be against McGregor.. Floyd wasn't either.. lol.. Thats the ting..

Unless he fixed it.. and Khabib is not the one you wanna test it with.. He is foooked..
I never said nevermind him, or anyone for that matter. I take all opinions Into account, It doesn't mean that I base my own thoughts and Ideas on someone else. To me that's just the mark of a weak / unthinking person. I think for myself.

In terms of the Floyd fight, everyone from Larry holmes to Sugar Ray Leonard to Mike Tyson to Adrien broner to andre berto to Amir Khan, all the boxing analysts and mind gave him props. So, yes that's worth taking Into account.

All input from great minds should be taken into account. It doesn't mean that one person's opinion should be held as an absolute truth though. Particularly when there's a chance that there could be some bias Involved. Danaher did not provide any facts so I don't know what you're talking about. He just stated his opinion, that Khabib beats conor 2 out of 3 times and he's entitled to that opinion. Again, It doesn't make It an absolute truth. On some level you need to read between the lines, think for yourself and figure these things out for yourself.

I would say there's a difference between being tired In a fight and lack of heart. It's a bit of a silly distinction for people to not recognize.

Anyways, you're entitled to your opinion. It doesn't seem to actually be your own, it seems to be someone elses. but that's fine i guess.

worth taking Into account that Khabib's ability to actually get you down Isn't quite as "olympic tier" as It's often touted. He struggled to get barboza down for 3 minutes of orund 2 and 4 minutes of round 3. He struggled to take down Tibau and arguably lost that fight.

I would bring up al iaquinta too although I mostly think that fight was a glorified sparring match so I'll leave It out.

But yeah, I don't necessarily think the takedown Is certain. Conor's TDD / anti wrestling Is better than It gets credit for. It all depends really, but I do think both guys will have the opportunity to impose their style. Khabib's chin will be tested. His defence did look a bit better last fight

It's fair to say that we haven't actually seen Conor gas below 170 pounds in MMA. Floyd fight was one thing but he was also sniping the body heavily for like 4 rounds. His conditioning is definitely a hole In his game but you gotta figure he's gained a lot of wisdom from the boxing community In that regard. Boxing is the king of conditioning, there's really no better place to learn how to condition yourself as a champion. That remains to be seen but I'm not quite sure I'd count on him having the same level of conditioning as previous MMA fights.

If it were the case though, I could maybe see him getting a late finish on an exhausted Conor. Who knows. It's hard seeing this one going the distance overall

Good god guy.. You just spread all kinds of crap dont you. Tibau was on roids and was at least 10 lbs heavier.. That makes it harder.. Go back and watch that fight... And the Barboza fight he only attempted 3 takedowns in the whole 3 mintues.. and the 3 was strung back to back.. Barboza was also caught grabbing the cage the very next take down.. Like wtf.. Like literally in those 3 mintues khabib used 15 secs of the rest he was out striking Barboza and never attempted.. I like how you try and twist these things..

Conor takedown is not better than he gets credit for.. Mendez took him down about every time he wanted too... Khabibs is even better.. like wtf guy.. Where is your fight IQ besides your biased IQ...

Its fair to say most ppl he fought below 170 he knocked out before he gassed out.. nothing out of 2 rounds i don't think

I never said nevermind him, or anyone for that matter. I take all opinions Into account, It doesn't mean that I base my own thoughts and Ideas on someone else. To me that's just the mark of a weak / unthinking person. I think for myself.

In terms of the Floyd fight, everyone from Larry holmes to Sugar Ray Leonard to Mike Tyson to Adrien broner to andre berto to Amir Khan, all the boxing analysts and mind gave him props. So, yes that's worth taking Into account.

All input from great minds should be taken into account. It doesn't mean that one person's opinion should be held as an absolute truth though. Particularly when there's a chance that there could be some bias Involved. Danaher did not provide any facts so I don't know what you're talking about. He just stated his opinion, that Khabib beats conor 2 out of 3 times and he's entitled to that opinion. Again, It doesn't make It an absolute truth. On some level you need to read between the lines, think for yourself and figure these things out for yourself.

I would say there's a difference between being tired In a fight and lack of heart. It's a bit of a silly distinction for people to not recognize.

Anyways, you're entitled to your opinion. It doesn't seem to actually be your own, it seems to be someone elses. but that's fine i guess.

Actually he did give reasons and i'd say facts.. I mean most ppl win fights from what he said.. It don't matter your biased as hell on Mcgregor and its funny watching you switch stances every chance u get.. Saying one thing and changing to another.. Calling people out for what u are doing.. Your a hypocrite.. Its hilarious..

No it is my personal opinion.. Wrestling has been proven over and over to be better than Boxing.. Thats not even a opinion..

Khabib wins against McGregor easy.. The best fight for Khabib is Ferguson.. Conor won't even beat Ferguson or Kevin Lee.. Sadly.. McGregor got the foook out when competition got hard.. Ran like a bitch

Good god guy.. You just spread all kinds of crap dont you. Tibau was on roids and was at least 10 lbs heavier.. That makes it harder.. Go back and watch that fight... And the Barboza fight he only attempted 3 takedowns in the whole 3 mintues.. and the 3 was strung back to back.. Barboza was also caught grabbing the cage the very next take down.. Like wtf.. Like literally in those 3 mintues khabib used 15 secs of the rest he was out striking Barboza and never attempted.. I like how you try and twist these things..

Conor takedown is not better than he gets credit for.. Mendez took him down about every time he wanted too... Khabibs is even better.. like wtf guy.. Where is your fight IQ besides your biased IQ...

Its fair to say most ppl he fought below 170 he knocked out before he gassed out.. nothing out of 2 rounds i don't think
Your fight IQ is simplistic as it gets

think im done here

worth taking Into account that Khabib's ability to actually get you down Isn't quite as "olympic tier" as It's often touted. He struggled to get barboza down for 3 minutes of orund 2 and 4 minutes of round 3. He struggled to take down Tibau and arguably lost that fight.

I would bring up al iaquinta too although I mostly think that fight was a glorified sparring match so I'll leave It out.

But yeah, I don't necessarily think the takedown Is certain. Conor's TDD / anti wrestling Is better than It gets credit for. It all depends really, but I do think both guys will have the opportunity to impose their style. Khabib's chin will be tested. His defence did look a bit better last fight

It's fair to say that we haven't actually seen Conor gas below 170 pounds in MMA. Floyd fight was one thing but he was also sniping the body heavily for like 4 rounds. His conditioning is definitely a hole In his game but you gotta figure he's gained a lot of wisdom from the boxing community In that regard. Boxing is the king of conditioning, there's really no better place to learn how to condition yourself as a champion. That remains to be seen but I'm not quite sure I'd count on him having the same level of conditioning as previous MMA fights.

If it were the case though, I could maybe see him getting a late finish on an exhausted Conor. Who knows. It's hard seeing this one going the distance overall
Edson gas crazy TDD and strength. Eddie and Frankie have acknowledged that almost nobody (themselves included) can take him down. Khabib had issues with the strength of Edson but near effortlessly got into position and maintained control.

As for Tibau, that was nearly 6 years ago, while Tibau was in his prime, juiced, much bigger, and before Khabib started training at AKA (he did not spar at all before joining AKA). The fight is completely irrelevant

I just haven't seen Conor display high level TDD in the clinch. I'm sure he'll do well but I think Khabib's chances of winning are better. 60-40 khabib is fair I think

Actually he did give reasons and i'd say facts.. I mean most ppl win fights from what he said.. It don't matter your biased as hell on Mcgregor and its funny watching you switch stances every chance u get.. Saying one thing and changing to another.. Calling people out for what u are doing.. Your a hypocrite.. Its hilarious..

No it is my personal opinion.. Wrestling has been proven over and over to be better than Boxing.. Thats not even a opinion..

Khabib wins against McGregor easy.. The best fight for Khabib is Ferguson.. Conor won't even beat Ferguson or Kevin Lee.. Sadly.. McGregor got the foook out when competition got hard.. Ran like a bitch
Am i biased? I could really care less.

Conor vs Nate Is 50/50 at 170 pounds.

Nate has a massive frame, just like Nick. Just like Tony. He can fill out very well If he chooses to do so. Nate came In as a good sized welterweight against Conor, particularly in the 2nd fight. I feel that's a massive factor In the equation that most people don't care to acknowledge.

Conor vs Nate at 155

I don't see Nate having anywhere near the same success at 155, particularly when you consider that both of them will likely be of similar size.

At 170 that Is not the case. Nate has a big frame. Tony has been known to walk around at 200. Nick can walk around at 200. They all have virtually the same frame. Nate when he's not forced to eat raw vegan and restrict his calories, restrict his diet and allows his body to fill out, he gets big. Naturally.

That version of Nate Is not the "gatekeeper 155 pounder" that people keep referring to.

That said, Conor vs Khabib Is the modern striker vs grappler matchup. I will say that Khabib's "unstoppable" takedown ability isn't quite as unstoppable as It's touted. He struggled to take down barboza for 3 minutes of the 2nd round of their fight and 4 minutes of the 3rd round. He struggled to take down tibau. Once he gets you down, he is an absolute mauler, but his ability to actually get you down Isn't quite as "olympic tier" as people seem to credit him for. Once he gets you down, he fucking mauls you though.

That combination of judo, sambo and wrestling mixed with ground and pound. He's a fucking savage. Khabib is the last person you want on top of you in MMA right now.

I fully expect Khabib to get Conor down, even though I don't think It will be as easy as most people seem to think. I fully expect him to maul Conor for a bit.

Even though Conor was fighting a wrestler on 2 weeks notice while preparing for a striker which is worth noting in itself.

I fully expect Khabib to take down Conor and maul him.

The Issue Is the way Khabib moves forward and charges for takedowns, he leaves his chin up In the air, hands down.

If he approaches the takedown against Conor In the same way he did against MJ and barboza, I feel that Is extremely dangerous for Khabib. I seen many holes In his game based on that. I would Imagine Conor and his team seen the same things.

The other thing Is that Khabib is not a finisher.

Barboza as much as he's overrated on these forums Is not a top 5 fghter, he has terrible boxing defence, horrible boxing ability In spite of having excellent kicks and knees. He Is also very bad at dealing with pressure and mentally breaks under pressure.

From what I've seen thus far, Conor gets tired and that Is the biggest hole In his game but he doesn't break. He mostly keeps moving forward regardless of the circumstance.

So, I would say..given the fact that Khabib Is not a finisher..would leave many openings for Conor to potentially land a finishing blow and stop the fight.

Like I've said many times, a fight between Khabib vs Conor Is an amazing one. It's the modern striker vs grappler matchup and It's a pickem fight at best. Especially when you objectively analyse every possible angle and nuance of the fight.

I love Tony and I actually picked Tony to beat Khabib the last time they fought. Bet on him to beat Khabib as well. This time I'm picking Khabib to beat Tony. Conor said he's sitting out until September. Which is the same period where they have an event booked for russia. I believe Conor and the UFC are expecting Khabib to beat Tony and booking a fight between him and Khabib for Russia.

Haters and shit talkers can say what they want but this is how I see it and probably pretty close to how It will go down

bump it

Not sure why you brought up Barboza and Khabib's takedowns. Barboza has statistically one of the highest TDD levels in his weight class. Before his fights with Lee and Khabib, his takedown stat was at 88%.

Am i biased? I could really care less.

Oh no son.. You care.. U care bad.. You act like you don't.. But you've made ever attempt to save conor.. Even made up false info.. Claimed your fight IQ was the highest.. and all this shit.. Then just ignore facts so you can act like your right..

Like dude your the total opposite as what u started out as. lol.. You have no backbone at all my friend..

it is far from a pick em fight, which you probably mean is a 50/50 chance for either fighter.
your join date sure looks like the date when you started watching MMA, because Khabib would make Conor his little bitch, if Conor ever fights him.

That will literally never change.

because most of you have never set foot In a gym In your lives. Most of your analysis is based on watching but you know nothing from an experiential level.

That's why most of you are wrong and will always be so.

just like the people right now who are saying it's just a straight up walkthrough for Khabib no question, you guys have no clue what you're talking about..

you're no better than MMA casuals..

Insulting random Sherdog members is your MO? I'd venture that plenty of members here go the gym. You are making assumptions based on being an asshole. Kind of cringy on your part.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone will state that Khabib 100% will beat Conor. Conor will always have a strikers chance. Despite Conor's striking prowess, he actually only has 2 "KO" victories in the UFC. Khabib obviously is undefeated and has demonstrated a chin that seems impervious thus far.

Not to mention, Aldo can flying in for example looking to strike, Khabib doesn't fight that way. There is a much smaller window of opportunity for Conor on the feet than there is for Khabib to latch on and take him to the ground.

contrary to popular keyboard warrior / sherdog belief

upon greater scrutiny, that fight Is a pickem at best.

I could go In depth about this as I have In other posts. But I'm about to hit the club In like 5 mins, so I leave you with this.

I will say,

Sherdog..you don't know shit.

I think Khabib /Conor Is a 50/50 fight at best..but, I truly hope Conor just straight up knocks him out in september.

The sherdog Implosion would be glorious. There are so many people on this forum who would have to answer for their irrationality. It would be a powerful moment In sherdog history so I truly hope for that to happen.

That is all.

have a good night fam.

Edit:

on the real, this sort of Implosion has happened on sherdog before.; Conor beating Khabib and proving himself though would probably be the most powerful one we have seen in MMA history. I hope to see It because with all my soul and heart, I truly enjoy the basic bitches of the MMA fanbase being proven wrong and exposed for their lack of fight IQ.

Nothing makes me happier when It comes to MMA than to see simple / narrow minded fans be exposed and have to answer / make excuses for their lack of knowledge.

Let the games begin.

Bump this post when Conor defends. This will be one for the ages.
It really is a pick'em, however, I don't think the fight will be close either way.
Either Conor KO/TKOs him quick or Khabib ragdolls him to get a sub or TKO stoppage.

Hoping for the latter.

Insulting random Sherdog members is your MO? I'd venture that plenty of members here go the gym. You are making assumptions based on being an asshole. Kind of cringy on your part.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone will state that Khabib 100% will beat Conor. Conor will always have a strikers chance. Despite Conor's striking prowess, he actually only has 2 "KO" victories in the UFC. Khabib obviously is undefeated and has demonstrated a chin that seems impervious thus far.

Not to mention, Aldo can flying in for example looking to strike, Khabib doesn't fight that way. There is a much smaller window of opportunity for Conor on the feet than there is for Khabib to latch on and take him to the ground.
well this thread was created under the influence of vodka. It was probably far more rough around the edges and challenging than usual. lol

Oh no son.. You care.. U care bad.. You act like you don't.. But you've made ever attempt to save conor.. Even made up false info.. Claimed your fight IQ was the highest.. and all this shit.. Then just ignore facts so you can act like your right..

Like dude your the total opposite as what u started out as. lol.. You have no backbone at all my friend..
It really has nothing to do with Conor. Conor just happens to be a good example of where people tend to be very short sighted I suppose. Any case where people are being Ignorant Is something I tend to jump on, generally speaking.

I do like Conor but I try to be as objective as posisble, truthfully I could care less whether he wins or loses. I don't care enough In general to be that Invested In things. But, I will give my opinion and I try to call it down the middle as best I can.

I don't think my fight IQ is the highest, there's a handful of dope / smart people here. Mostly not so. I wouldn't take many of the first posts In this thread too seriously. There was obviously truth In what I was saying, but It was also vodka Influenced so It was more aggressive and confrontational than It otherwise would be. I'm not Interested In getting into a battle of who has the most fight IQ. Although I do think It's clear that some people just have no clue what they're talking about.

Feel free to address what facts you're actually talking about? Danaher's opinion? If you actually watch the section of the podcast where he addresses Conor, he said a lot of things about both fighters. Gives both guys a lot of credit, breaks down what makes them successful / etc.

Edson gas crazy TDD and strength. Eddie and Frankie have acknowledged that almost nobody (themselves included) can take him down. Khabib had issues with the strength of Edson but near effortlessly got into position and maintained control.

As for Tibau, that was nearly 6 years ago, while Tibau was in his prime, juiced, much bigger, and before Khabib started training at AKA (he did not spar at all before joining AKA). The fight is completely irrelevant

I just haven't seen Conor display high level TDD in the clinch. I'm sure he'll do well but I think Khabib's chances of winning are better. 60-40 khabib is fair I think
Fair enough. That's what makes this fight Interesting I guess.

So many differing Ideas on both ends of the spectrum

The key to beating khabib, if you're not the better wrestler, is footwork to stay away from him and precision counter striking to make him pay for moving in. Khabib makes the first difficult with his very aggressive style, and the second due to his chin and the threat of the takedown.

I see this being a lopsided fight, but couldn't tell you who for. Khabib either can't corner and takedown Conor and gets his face rearranged, or he does and rearranged Conor's face.

it is far from a pick em fight, which you probably mean is a 50/50 chance for either fighter.
your join date sure looks like the date when you started watching MMA, because Khabib would make Conor his little bitch, if Conor ever fights him.
watching / training since pride

So anyone who thinks Conor even has a chance Is a casual. Seems legit. Sounds like you know what you're talking about

<mma4>

Fair enough. That's what makes this fight Interesting I guess.

So many differing Ideas on both ends of the spectrum
Absolutely. There is a lot going on in this match up. I'd love to see it happen but my gut says it won't happen this year

I probably said this earlier in the thread, but it's a pretty sure thing to me - Conor knocks Khabib out. Gonna be a lot of salty posters on this forum when it happens.

I do think McGregor has a fair chance if Nurmagomedov aims to initiate his takedowns from the clinch, he could land a clean shot while Khabib's trying to close the distance with strikes. In the rare instance that he has his back against the cage, Khabib tends to throw quite wild punches so Conor could win if he can pressure Khabib against the Octagon and then counter-strike. If Khabib makes use of his single leg takedown then I think his odds significantly rise though. It means he can avoid trading blows, create a fear of overextending and I think it'd be effective against Conor's wide stance.

Back